Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NZ Mini TT Champs 2012, 14-15 July

Bike
    2009 Honda CRF 450
    I dunno about 90-100mph, there is still heaps of wheel spin even at that speed, and awesome stinging roost..
    The place chops up bigtime, its all pumice topsoil with the occasional turnip chucked in.. using a sand/mud tyre is a good idea.
    Still need some grunt though, the place gets so soft and chopped up, especially the berms, you can disappear into some of them and bog down if your geared to high.

I'm getting stoked just talking about it..

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by raglanash View Post
    I dunno about 90-100mph, there is still heaps of wheel spin even at that speed, and awesome stinging roost..
    Sounds like the good old days of beach racing!!

Bike
    2009 Honda CRF 450
    Yeah, roost, huuuge braking bumps and big straights, love that shit!
    You so have to get good starts or it's an ugly first couple laps..
    Track changes so much over the weekend, the poor paddock gets fu#ked right over.
    I'll try find some pic's..

Bike
    2011 yz450f
    fucken is nuts watching Mason Wilkie last year at the end of straight full tit was so fast!!!! Im doing intermediate again yeah the gates are awsome just dont flip it into the ditch in front of everyone like i did last year haha sorry if any of you are the ktm I took out with me

The track is so nice up there the dirts just fluffy as and is so nice to ride on that final corner was bermed up hard by the end of sunday!!

How do I go about sorting out head shake i couldnt go tapped down the striaght cause the headshake was so bad
    Blindspott are back as Blacklist check them out
    www.blacklistmusicnz.co.nz

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    fucken is nuts watching Mason Wilkie last year at the end of straight full tit was so fast!!!! Im doing intermediate again yeah the gates are awsome just dont flip it into the ditch in front of everyone like i did last year haha sorry if any of you are the ktm I took out with me

The track is so nice up there the dirts just fluffy as and is so nice to ride on that final corner was bermed up hard by the end of sunday!!

How do I go about sorting out head shake i couldnt go tapped down the striaght cause the headshake was so bad
    Yeah his old man was just as loose.

If you can't/won't fit a steering damper...maybe drop the rear of the bike a lil or push the fork legs down through the clamps to raise the front a lil? Give it a lil more rake?

Bike
    2009 Honda CRF 450
    OK if this doesn't get you stoked your dead..
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

Top pic is the old track, they run it on the other side of the fence now top right. Same wide open shit though.

And Scott if you see you mate #9 Mr moto kawi, I think his name is Able?? tell him to stay out of the intermediates the bloody sock cutter!!

Bike
    BMW
    That looks sick!! Now that is my sort of track!

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    That looks sick!! Now that is my sort of track!
    Wot he said.

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    Quote Originally Posted by raglanash View Post
    OK if this doesn't get you stoked your dead..
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

Top pic is the old track, they run it on the other side of the fence now top right. Same wide open shit though.

And Scott if you see you mate #9 Mr moto kawi, I think his name is Able?? tell him to stay out of the intermediates the bloody sock cutter!!
    His name is Luke Temple, and he had forgotten his MNZ liceicne so they would not let him ride the championship class, (but let him by a day liceince to race the non championship class) he is was the real number 9 in the 450 class at the time,

Bike
    2009 Honda CRF 450
    Ahh haha sweet. He smoked us all. He did look a bit bored...

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by scott411 View Post
    His name is Luke Temple, and he had forgotten his MNZ liceicne so they would not let him ride the championship class, (but let him by a day liceince to race the non championship class) he is was the real number 9 in the 450 class at the time,
    Is there an old broken man on an old bike class?

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    I do not think they run a vintage class, however I think you would be competitve in teh support class, esp early on before it gets to rough, drum brakes normally means hell corner speed,

thinking about it i might even run support, i have not raced a national event in a long time,

Bike
    BMW
    I do not think they run a vintage class, however I think you would be competitve in teh support class, esp early on before it gets to rough, drum brakes normally means hell corner speed,

thinking about it i might even run support, i have not raced a national event in a long time,
    You and I both Scotty! That would be fun!

Bike
    BMW

When was the last time we raced together in a national event? Must have been Pro 125 in 99? It was a terrible year haha I did get a couple of top 10s but im not gonna comment on our overall placings....

It was my first year in the seniors and I got a beating! Leon Andrew took me down hard and chipped a bone in my elbow at Whangarei. Oh and remember Chad Reed taking the big ass short cut the cheating c*&t

Bike
    Various things

Correction. A 31 year old YZ465 might be a lil, but a washed up unfit piss drinking 45 year old most certainly won't be!

Guys of your ability, along with Chopper, can fuck off and play with the big boys!

Thread Information