Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What bogan is bashing together

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Installed the MK1 spindle, and spun it up just before, runs nicely! Cuts pretty nice too with a bit of coercing. I have yet to put any bracing on the spindle plate, so there is a lot of flex coming down the Y axis as the plate is only 6mm thick.

Here's some pics, vid to follow once I have added the bracing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020236.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	507.4 KB 
ID:	263039

Name:	P1020234.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	568.8 KB 
ID:	263038
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    Very good , I take it it will be cnc , kind of thing!

Stephen
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125

Name:	P1020241.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	619.6 KB 
ID:	263408

bbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzz

Vibration Finisher works! Need to get more aggressive cone media next time, had parts in for about 6 hours with that stuff. Just gone into walnut shell now for a bit of polish. The plastic cone put a nice matte finish, with a bit of scale like texturing about 3mm size. I'm thinking the walnut should polish that up. Though I've heard one guy got 1hour plastic cone, 2 hours oval steel ball, and 6 hours walnut for a mirror finish. Will just try different media etc until I get it as quick as possible, but it's a case of throw in and come back in a few hours, so all good if the polish step is an overnight one.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125

Name:	P1020253.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	607.4 KB 
ID:	263852

Kickstand!

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Love the kick stand, but don;t you think the seat position will interfere with the engine position bro?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    Love the kick stand, but don;t you think the seat position will interfere with the engine position bro?
    Mass centralisation strategy, heavy engine should go in the same place as my massive manhood...

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    Mass centralisation strategy, heavy engine should go in the same place as my massive manhood...
    Oh...uh...good plan mate, as you were!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Im not understanding the vibra finisher. I assume it jiggles about polishing items but im keen to know more about it. Is there a base the pot sits on and whats the cones made from?
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    Im not understanding the vibra finisher. I assume it jiggles about polishing items but im keen to know more about it. Is there a base the pot sits on and whats the cones made from?
    The bowl is held onto a bit of ply, and under the bit of ply is a motor with an eccentric weight, which shakes the fuck out of the motor/ply/bowl/contents. The bit of ply is mounted on some vibration isolating springs, then on a heavy base, to try and keep all the vibration energy in the top bit, and stop the fucker bouncing around the shed. It still moves about a little though, which is not ideal, might try screwing it to something even heavier, like the wall.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    The bowl is held onto a bit of ply, and under the bit of ply is a motor with an eccentric weight, which shakes the fuck out of the motor/ply/bowl/contents. The bit of ply is mounted on some vibration isolating springs, then on a heavy base, to try and keep all the vibration energy in the top bit, and stop the fucker bouncing around the shed. It still moves about a little though, which is not ideal, might try screwing it to something even heavier, like the wall.
    Ok so its a bit like putting the bowl on my washing machine lid. What are the cone things in the bowl and where do you get them?

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Ok so its a bit like putting the bowl on my washing machine lid. What are the cone things in the bowl and where do you get them?
    Yeh pretty much, cones are plastic and I got them from regal castings, they are about $35 per kg, so hope they last a while.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Yeh pretty much, cones are plastic and I got them from regal castings, they are about $35 per kg, so hope they last a while.
    Cool. Co I could get a old washing machine with manual timer and remove the timer motor so it wouldnt advance,out of balance the bowl a bit so it shakes and glue cone bowl onto the lid to get the same effect. Tard me will have lots of leaking aw380 wm for next to nothing.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Cool. Co I could get a old washing machine with manual timer and remove the timer motor so it wouldnt advance,out of balance the bowl a bit so it shakes and glue cone bowl onto the lid to get the same effect. Tard me will have lots of leaking aw380 wm for next to nothing.
    Would be horribly inefficient, and probably shake itself to bits, or chew through your floor, but the theory is sound!

You could build a vibration finisher like mine for under 100bucks, with all brand new parts. To put that in perspective, I've already spend about $250 bucks on the tumbler media (cones/shell etc).

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Would be horribly inefficient, and probably shake itself to bits, or chew through your floor, but the theory is sound!

You could build a vibration finisher like mine for under 100bucks, with all brand new parts. To put that in perspective, I've already spend about $250 bucks on the tumbler media (cones/shell etc).
    Yes im liking the idea and will collect some bits to make one. Just using wm as example but ill make a offcentre balance motor out of used part from work(smaller motor than wm). maybe a old record player with small weight on turn table. That might turn a little slow.
    I do like this polisher idea. Ill see what motors are sitting at work

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Yes im liking the idea and will collect some bits to make one. Just using wm as example but ill make a offcentre balance motor out of used part from work(smaller motor than wm). maybe a old record player with small weight on turn table. That might turn a little slow.
    I do like this polisher idea. Ill see what motors are sitting at work
    1500 to 3000 rpm is the good range. I added a third bearing on the other side of the eccentric weight to remove the bending moment on the shaft because the shaft looked a little small (7mm).

Thread Information