Thread: MadAss 100cc two-stroke mod that bogs out?

Bike
    2007 Yamaha R6S

MadAss 100cc two-stroke mod that bogs out?

Hi all.

So I have just purchased a MadAss Moped that has had the 50cc engine removed and a Honda 100cc 2Stroke installed.

The thing works OK except when you take the throttle past Halfway it then it bogs and almost stalls the engine if you open it all the way it does stall. When you back off it goes back to normal will keep revving fine till you then open the throttle again and back to bogging out.

I have replaced the spark plug and put a new fuel filter on as the one that was on it looked way to small this did not make any difference.

I am thinking it is a jetting issue but I really do not know much in this area.

is anyone able to provide some advise or if you live in Kelson/Lower Hutt area that my be willing to help me out would be great. PM me if you can.

Regards,

Gadgit
    Still trying to find something worthy of going here

Bike
    KTM 950SM, '78 X7, FZ750, GN250
    I can help you. Most likely it just needs the carburettor main jet cleaned.

Bike
    2007 Yamaha R6S

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Sable View Post
    I can help you. Most likely it just needs the carburettor main jet cleaned.
    Thanks Sable. I will have a go at cleaning the jets in the weekend and if i get stuck i might need to take you up on the offer.
    Still trying to find something worthy of going here

Bike
    Very Modded DR650
    I would guess one of either the main jet/needle/air intake volume are incorrect for your set up.

I have a similiar issue with my DR650 at the moment but mine is self inflicted. I have the airbox opened up and a freer flowing exhaust on in preparation for a new go-fast flat slide carb to be fitted, but the new carb needs some seals that haven't arrived yet so the stock carb with stock settings is still fitted.

If I open the throttle over about 2/3's the bike just stops revving, it doesn't die but won't go any faster, however if I hold the throttle just below 2/3's it will continue accelerating quite smoothly and happily.

I'm in Maungaraki and know a little bit about carbs, but there's still some things that are black magic and voodoo about them.
    www.AdventureRidingNZ.co.nz NZ's dedicated Adventure Riding Community
    Forums, free GPS track downloads and much more. Now over 5700 members, are you one of them?

Thread Information