Thread: Suzuki Bandit s 600 1997

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer

Suzuki Bandit s 600 1997

I am thinking of buying one of these as a tourer for my wife and I. Strictly a 2nd bike, but we are keen to put a few long distance kms down. Any pitfalls with these machines? pillion comfort will be an important consideration as my wife has a fragile back. She has been coping with the pizza crust seat on the back of the GSXR so far- bugger that for fun! Your comments please.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    I know Mom can't speak highly enough about her 07' 650 Bandit.
    Like the 600 Hornet's...pretty bullet proof mid sized bike with tons of rider comfort go into the making.

Bike
    The Bandit 1200 is probably a better two up bike and they're generally not much more expensive at all.

Bike
    True-I should add I have found a potential 600 that may tick boxes re cond and esp price. I agree the 1200 would be better, but I really only want comment re the first model 600 and its abilities and limitations re 2 up touring.

Bike
    04 GSF600N,04 KDX200,
    me and my miss's do our share of long rides on our 600 bandit and it is just fine 2up. It feels no different than if i'm on my own. Cruises along and no problems to overtake. (twist and go.) but we are not heavy bruts (75 and 65), but one day i gave someone a bit heavier a ride on the back and boy did i feel the difference when going up hills.
    I think the rear suspension is set slightly harder so 2up is no bother, but Watch out for sudden uneven surface bumps, cause one sudden rebound nearly gave the wife a stuffed back.
    Seat comfort is ok with regular stops, but as usual the butt gets abit sore after a 10hr ride, but dont we all.
    I can get get 3hrs riding before i hit reserve (150miles) so milege is good.

Bike
    Sadly I missed out on my original target. Still keen to look at 600 bandits, but widening the net to include gsx,s-600sperhaps 750s. I like the idea of cheaper regos. Any comments on the gsx teapot/gaytanas as good tourers?

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Got a '98 750 teapot in Jan last year with the intention of having it a few months as a temporary bike. 18 months later - I'm keeping it as my sole ride.

Bike
    Have ended up with a Suzuki Inazuma 1200 naked. Needs a bit of work but hopefully should be a mint tourer. Your comments, knowledge and experiences with these bikes would be welcome.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    With the bigger naked tourers ... a small clear screen added will take a supprising amount of pressure off the body. On shorter rides it's seldom an issue. But when the km's are mounting up ... every little bit helps. More noticeable after you stop.

Two up on a 1200 with ... luggage ... is a lot of weight. As such ... the lower speeds in towns/cities can cause issues. Usually felt in the wrists ...

A good sheepskin for both of you does wonder's for comfort.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    With the bigger naked tourers ... a small clear screen added will take a supprising amount of pressure off the body. On shorter rides it's seldom an issue. But when the km's are mounting up ... every little bit helps. More noticeable after you stop.

Two up on a 1200 with ... luggage ... is a lot of weight. As such ... the lower speeds in towns/cities can cause issues. Usually felt in the wrists ...

A good sheepskin for both of you does wonder's for comfort.
    A GIVI style screen is on the list. Good advice about the sheepskin.

Thread Information