Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Most expensive Hyobag

Bike
    2012, H-D, FXDF Fat Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    You're really earning your title tonight. Let me guess, Woodstock RTDs were on sale at the likker store?
    It's alright he's got it all, a Triumph, an Austin Allegro, lives in Wanganui and calls himself headbanger. He's my idol
    David
    HD Fat Bob for Stress Relief

Bike
    Speed Triple
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamiam View Post
    It's alright he's got it all, a Triumph, an Austin Allegro, lives in Wanganui and calls himself headbanger. He's my idol
    I'm also bald, fat and unemployed.

And I ditched HD once they became the ultimate poser accessory.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Headbanger View Post
    Whats next, a discussion on beauty tips and ways to keep your man satisfied?
    got any tips for us?
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Speed Triple
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    got any tips for us?

Smile.

10 characters

Bike
    2006 Suzuki M109R
    No way would I spend that sort of money on one of these. the design is archaic and it just looks like a parts-bin bike, the M50, M90 or Vulcan 900 is light years ahead even with a few K's on. From experience its the electrics you have to watch on the Hyosungs.

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    I think it is the brand stigma that would stop most people from buying one. I am thinking that maybe the intended target market here is for people who already own the 25o cc version and want to graduate to bigger cruiser. Otherwise i agree with the fact that most would probably prefer a used low km Suzuki, Honda or Yamaha cruiser or even an HD.
    I've spent my money on bikes, booze and babes. The rest I've wasted....

Bike
    2009 TBird Big Bore 1700
    Quote Originally Posted by 5150 View Post
    I think it is the brand stigma that would stop most people from buying one.
    The same stigma Skoda left us with after those hideous 100/110/120 variants. No wonder Hyo have tried to hide the badge!
    Shaken, not stirred in the shakey city!

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    Quote Originally Posted by ukusa View Post
    The same stigma Skoda left us with after those hideous 100/110/120
    They made wicked rally cars
    I've spent my money on bikes, booze and babes. The rest I've wasted....

Bike
    1996, Bandit 600
    Quote Originally Posted by 5150 View Post
    I think it is the brand stigma that would stop most people from buying one. I am thinking that maybe the intended target market here is for people who already own the 25o cc version and want to graduate to bigger cruiser. Otherwise i agree with the fact that most would probably prefer a used low km Suzuki, Honda or Yamaha cruiser or even an HD.
    I have the 250 (only until August) when I am looking at upgrading to a Boulevard. I have had no major problems with the Hyosung, it was a cheap purchase which has served its purpose well. I thought that spending as little as a learner on a bike as i could would be better in the long run when I upgrade. However, I would not really want to spend 14K on the bigger Hyosung. I would rather put that sort of money to a Suzuki.

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenMistake View Post
    What do you call a real bike exactly?
    You mean a motorcycle that has.. Well the components of a motorcycle?

he probably means ones that dont grenade their entire electrical system spontaneously before they have reached 10k on the clock, or ones that dont begin to show signs of frame rust when they are only 5 years (or less) old, or ones that dont break down as often as britney spears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Headbanger View Post
    Uhm, thats not a motorcycle, - its a waterpump.

Fine, maybe Hyosung can make a reasonable bike - but they have marketed themselves (in NZ at least, cant speak for other countries) as a manufacturer that make base-model entry type bikes on a budget. they are of lesser overall quality than the big four, or aprilia, bmw, etc etc etc, but they also come with a lower price.

They have yet to produce anything of the same price/quality to the level that other manufacturers are. and trying to take on the boulevard is, in my opinion, stupidity. massively popular, good name for reliability, pretty good sales, lots of aftermarket goodies, good resale and a wide range of model variances available are all things the boulevard has going for it that the hyosung does not.

they should work on improving the model range they currently have, their 2008 GT650R is heavier, has a wider turning circle, and worse handling that my old 21 year old 600.
    Improving the current range and bringing it up to the level of the main manufacturers would be a better way to attack a higher-priced market IMO.

of course, these sentiments might not relate to other countries, and I hardly think any company is going to model their marketing and production based on the NZ experience. . .

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfield View Post
    I have the 250 (only until August) when I am looking at upgrading to a Boulevard. I have had no major problems with the Hyosung, it was a cheap purchase which has served its purpose well. I thought that spending as little as a learner on a bike as i could would be better in the long run when I upgrade. However, I would not really want to spend 14K on the bigger Hyosung. I would rather put that sort of money to a Suzuki.
    Would you test ride a bigger Hyosung as well before making your mind up?

Bike
    1996, Bandit 600
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender EnZed View Post
    Would you test ride a bigger Hyosung as well before making your mind up?
    Yep I would, although I have set my mind on the Boulevard I will test ride other makes before making my final choice. That will also include sport tourers as well as cruisers.
    The GV250 is my very first bike and it has helped me in gaining confidence and skills. The next challenge is to find a bigger bike that suits me and my skills.
    Personally I feel the price will always be a factor and I feel that the amount they are asking for the ST7 is a little high. But as they say "opinions vary".

Bike
    2000 Honda Hornet 600
    Looks like you can get a brand new one for 10k dollars:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-471592656.htm

It's basically a copy of a Suzuki M-series bike, isn't it? Suzuki and Hyosung are partners...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigadee View Post
    Looks like you can get a brand new one for 10k dollars:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-471592656.htm
    That's the old ST7 (2011 model), I assume the Stuff article in the OP was about a new one.

It's basically a copy of a Suzuki M-series bike, isn't it? Suzuki and Hyosung are partners...
    The ST7 makes a good 20% more power.

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    Suzuki and Hyosung are partners...
    Not exactly, Hyosung Motors produced the Motors for the SV for a while then I think Suzuki moved back to their own factories, and Hyo built the GT..

Although Did you know one of Hyosungs China based Factories produce the PET bottles for Coca cola?

Thread Information