Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Most expensive Hyobag

Bike
    It's more natural competition would be the Japanese cruisers, and almost all of them will be in $13k base trim. People who would buy an M or C50 will now have this to consider.

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Having actually ridden a standard ST7 model, I can honestly hand on heart say it thrashes the pants off any Japanese cruiser under 1000cc in terms of performance, handling, braking and cornering clearance. They're actually a really nice bike to ride.

As for Paul Owens motorcycle testing ability, I'd ytake anything written by him with a huge grain of salt. He's not a motorcycle testers arsehole.
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    Having actually ridden a standard ST7 model, I can honestly hand on heart say it thrashes the pants off any Japanese cruiser under 1000cc in terms of performance, handling, braking and cornering clearance. They're actually a really nice bike to ride.

As for Paul Owens motorcycle testing ability, I'd ytake anything written by him with a huge grain of salt. He's not a motorcycle testers arsehole.
    Not trying to sound like a smart ass (ok, maybe alittle), you not a Hyosung agent by any chance?
    I've spent my money on bikes, booze and babes. The rest I've wasted....

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Quote Originally Posted by 5150 View Post
    My only argument on that (even tho piss poor) would be the image. I mean Harley Davidson vs Hyosung. err, some would make it an easy choice, even if misinformed. I guess comparing to HD, Hyosung is not exactly a household name. but then again some will argue that even HD can be a bag of shite, so I guess they could be seen in even league. hehe
    Your right.. Many can remember The Japanese bikes being called heaps of shit in the 60/70's.... And many will remember the Hardly's of the 70/80's untill the release of the Evo motor.. If you think Hyo's have earned a bd rep for reliability etc..... ride one of those.
    Hyo's have an uphill climb I agree, and the era that the japs and HD made their mistakes was probably a lot more forgiving than today.
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    Dont have one now
    they might be slightly cheaper than an HD sporty new, but I lay money that second hand the HD will still carry a reasonable value, the Hyo.....
    That makes em good if you want to ride your hyobag forever

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Base model is 12.9K and wih full extras you pay 16.9K
    The argument I guess is that for 14.9K you can get a Harley Sporty 1200. So I guess my next question would be how much better the full options Hyo is to the Sporty, or if we look at the base model Hyo, would you pay extra 2K and get a Sporty 1200 ?
    no you can't.

Harley Davidson pricing has become completely fucked over the last two years.

a 48 is $18.5k, the custom is $17k and the cheapest HD is $14.5 which is the 883 girfriend bike. The Iron's are dearer too.

two years ago a nightster (1200) was $16.5k brand spankers and people are asking $14k for them second hand!! dreeeeeamers. (not that I have been looking)

RT down here have a very good buy on a US import 07 Nightster for $10k out the door. a second hand 883 Iron sold for $11900 down here at the weekend. Crazy!
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Not trying to sound like a smart ass (ok, maybe alittle), you not a Hyosung agent by any chance?
    Yeah I sell 'em, what's your point?

In the past 12 months I've spent time on Yamaha XVS950, XVS1100, M50, VT750 and I assure you, all salesman shit aside, the ST7 whips the shit outta the lot of them. That being said, if I was PERSONALLY in the market for a midsized metric cruiser (and I doubt I ever will be) I'd buy an M50. If I was going to buy ANY factory cruiser (and one day I might) it'd be a 48 or 72. ST7 would make very short work of both those machines in the categories I've mentioned as well.

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    Yeah I sell 'em, what's your point?
    No point what so ever. Was just wandering if you guys were selling new ones.

And I hear what you saying. Not that I ever ridden a cruiser, yet alone compared them as far as handling etc. I was purely making a missinformed point because most people consider Hyuosung brand as bottom of the heap, or there abouts, so found it interresting when I saw the article and saw the price. Didn't realise that they are so popular in central and south America.

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    no you can't.

Harley Davidson pricing has become completely fucked over the last two years.

a 48 is $18.5k, the custom is $17k and the cheapest HD is $14.5 which is the 883 girfriend bike. The Iron's are dearer too.

two years ago a nightster (1200) was $16.5k brand spankers and people are asking $14k for them second hand!! dreeeeeamers. (not that I have been looking)

RT down here have a very good buy on a US import 07 Nightster for $10k out the door. a second hand 883 Iron sold for $11900 down here at the weekend. Crazy!
    I see brand new XL1200C is 17K

Bike
    Speed Triple
    The real question here (that you pussies are too scared to ask) is , Would Evel Knievel jump that over a row of buses?

The answer is fuck no, Thats not a suitable bike for a super star to crash and burn on.

And if its not good enough for Evel, Then its not good enough for me.

I laugh at your thread about Korean shitbike.

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    No point what so ever. Was just wandering if you guys were selling new ones.

And I hear what you saying. Not that I ever ridden a cruiser, yet alone compared them as far as handling etc. I was purely making a missinformed point because most people consider Hyuosung brand as bottom of the heap, or there abouts, so found it interresting when I saw the article and saw the price. Didn't realise that they are so popular in central and south America.
    It's pretty interesting that Hyundai and more recently Kia were once the bottom of the heap too.

Personally I reckon what'll kill the ST7 in New Zealand is the fact it's priced $1000 more expensively than the M50 which is huge considering the Boulevard will hold it's value far better. If it was $2k cheaper than the Suzuki, they'd sell a few more.

Bike
    Speed Triple
    Notice the extreme level of awesomeness, almost too much to contain in one place for more then a short period of time.

http://hogmanuals.com/Evel_Knievel.html

Also, Notice the extreme lack of Hyobags.

Bike
    Speed Triple
    It's pretty interesting that Hyundai and more recently Kia were once the bottom of the heap too.
    Still on the bottom of the heap.

Unless the heap is shit cars no self-respecting douchebag would want to own, They can reign supreme on that heap.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    If you can afford one wouldnt you stretch out some more for a real bike. Sorry but at 9k they would be worth buying. Theres a few good bike out there new at the same price plus or minus 2k.

Wasnt honda trying to part out there chopper bikes for 13k approx for alot more cubes.
    Wouldnt you rather own a bandit 1250 or even a 2 year old respectable bike.
    Its well over priced.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Headbanger View Post
    Still on the bottom of the heap.
    Most surveys I've seen in the last few years would disagree. Example. Sure, they're boring as fuck and they sell nothing I have any interest in ever owning, but that doesn't make them worse than any of their competitors.

Thread Information