Thread: New camera woes

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries

New camera woes

Bought home a new Contour1080HD video camera to replace my old VholdR SD camera. The VholdR is the Original Contours, before a name change.

Charged up the battery all afternoon, fitted it ( correctly) and nothing works. No lights, beeps etc. The battery is not loose, I even tried the battery from the VholdR as it is identical, in case the new battery was a dead duck, Still nothing. ( incidently, these batteries are the same as the Nokia cell phone.)

The battery that came with the new camera works fine in the old camera.

I'll have to return it tomorrow and get it checked out. Buggar I was looking forward to having a play with it and seeing the difference from the old camera.

I cant think of anything else to try. Pushing the power on button a zillion times hasn't achieved anything.
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Bike
    1997 Ducati 900 Superlight
    After you have tried everything and your mates have tried everything they can think of, read the manual!

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    I might post on KB, but I'm not a 'complete' idiot.

Bike
    SV 650 Race bike, ZZR 250 in pieces
    Blog Entries
    Have you checked the kill switch?
    Rest in peace Tony - you will be missed.

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    The retailer has replaced the unit. New one works brilliant. The technical advancement between 6yr old SD and new HD is amazing. I've also got a Contours car charger which, when I get an outlet wired to the bike will allow me to recharge and record at the same time. Also up graded the SD card to a class 6 8GB. The battery from the old VholdR fits the 1080P which gives me a spare.

My first attempt was at the maximum HD resolution. Had trouble getting the window to fit within the laptop, and the playback was quite jittery. Possibly due to trying to load/play to much data at one time. so will record at a lower setting. I'm not worried about viewing on a full screen.

The camera records in MOV formatt which Windows Movie Maker2.6 wont reconize. I converted to AVI, which restored normal playback speed.
    On the Contours website, I can select 60fps, so will compare that speed with the standard 30fps.

All I need now, is some decent weather for my last week off.

Thread Information