Thread: Tyres for a 1958 Zundapp 23 x 2.25

Bike
    1958 Zundapp

Tyres for a 1958 Zundapp 23 x 2.25

Hello there just joined to day, I have just brought my self a 1958 Zundapp scooter in not bad nick needs a bit of a restor but in very good nick for its age. Unfortunatly the original Dunlop tyers have perished and befor i start looking for a New/ secondhand set, where do i start looking? I have rung some tyre shops and they just had no idea. The size on the tyre is 23 x 2.25, if any one could steer me in the right direction or to some one that might know where to get them that would be most appreciated.

If it was an easy quick restore i as going to ride to Hokitika for the tranz alpine run but its gona take a little more time lol.

Kind Regards

Jason.

Bike
    2015 HD Street 500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raygunn View Post
    Hello there just joined to day, I have just brought my self a 1958 Zundapp scooter in not bad nick needs a bit of a restor but in very good nick for its age. Unfortunatly the original Dunlop tyers have perished and befor i start looking for a New/ secondhand set, where do i start looking? I have rung some tyre shops and they just had no idea. The size on the tyre is 23 x 2.25, if any one could steer me in the right direction or to some one that might know where to get them that would be most appreciated.

If it was an easy quick restore i as going to ride to Hokitika for the tranz alpine run but its gona take a little more time lol.

Kind Regards

Jason.

anyone help this fella?
    To be old and wise, first you must be young and stupid.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Raygunn View Post
    The size on the tyre is 23 x 2.25, if any one could steer me in the right direction or to some one that might know where to get them that would be most appreciated.
    Are they spoked wheels?

I would strip the tyre and measure the rim diameter as another forum I searched claims they are actually a 19inch tyre which could be quite possible because some vintage sizing is a bit weird in the way they do it

This seems to confirm it, which might make them a bit easier to find
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/19-inch-Puch...item20c487f187
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    1958 Zundapp
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Are they spoked wheels?

I would strip the tyre and measure the rim diameter as another forum I searched claims they are actually a 19inch tyre which could be quite possible because some vintage sizing is a bit weird in the way they do it

This seems to confirm it, which might make them a bit easier to find
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/19-inch-Puch...item20c487f187
    Ok ill have a go, that would be mint as i have seen some 19inch tyres for sale. Thanks for that.

Bike
    RGV250
    We sell a 3.00-19" road tyre if thats any help? (have 2 in stock)
    German 'Heidenau K33' $185

and can order the 2.25/ 2.50 if wanted

Racey
    Last edited by RideLife; 21st April 2012 at 22:09.

Thread Information