Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Minginui - Matawai - Motu Midwinter Madness Ride 28-29 July 2012

Bike
    Wrrrrrr

Sat Night

Just rang the camp ground to confirm booking to be told "sorry we are closed this weekend" F*** how on earth do they do business !!!!!

She said too many cancellations so they are closing, the pub is fully booked with a waiting list but she said they have a ten man tent but its very boggy outside so not a good option.

Other options she said was the local marae or the motu hall, any other idea's anyone ?

Paul

Bike
    2013 CRF250L & 2007 KLR650
    Have fun guys! I'm out....decided to hammer the Coromandel northern gravel roads instead to break in the (not so) new 2007 KLR650. I've got the route sheets so I reckon I'll do the "soft option" and hit this ride later on. I'm going to be a total soft ass and stay overnight fri/sat someplace warm...with food..and beer!

Bike
    94 & 98 BMW GS1100
    Quote Originally Posted by pomgolian View Post
    Just rang the camp ground to confirm booking to be told "sorry we are closed this weekend" F*** how on earth do they do business !!!!!

She said too many cancellations so they are closing, the pub is fully booked with a waiting list but she said they have a ten man tent but its very boggy outside so not a good option.

Other options she said was the local marae or the motu hall, any other idea's anyone ?

Paul
    I am winging it surely there must be somewhere around there on higher ground that you can throw up the tent. I think there is a backpackers or farm stay up the Motu somewhere. The Motu in the dark could be a new challange.
    Taupo Friday night where ever from there tent bed roll cooker food its adventure time.
    GSers

An Option http://www.toatoaaccommodation.co.nz/

Bike
    Wrrrrrr
    Quote Originally Posted by GSers View Post
    I am winging it surely there must be somewhere around there on higher ground that you can throw up the tent. I think there is a backpackers or farm stay up the Motu somewhere. The Motu in the dark could be a new challange.
    Taupo Friday night where ever from there tent bed roll cooker food its adventure time.
    GSers

An Option http://www.toatoaaccommodation.co.nz/
    Sweet im sorted, GSers its goner piss down all sat night & sunday.

P

Bike
    KTM 990 Adventure '06

Paul

Really? I spoke with her a couple of days back & it was all go? I'll still be carrying my bivvy (& small tarp for that dang rain!) so if accom's tight I could be doing the outdoors night to. One things for sure, doubt on where I sleep Saturday won't stop me going along.

Bike
    2011 TE630, 07 DR650, 2011 990R
    Quote Originally Posted by Horney1 View Post
    Really? I spoke with her a couple of days back & it was all go? I'll still be carrying my bivvy (& small tarp for that dang rain!) so if accom's tight I could be doing the outdoors night to. One things for sure, doubt on where I sleep Saturday won't stop me going along.
    I wouldn't be worried, someone will pull out last minute for sure, you could always drink yourself oblivion and pass out on the pub floor till daylight

Bike
    WR250R
    Sweet im sorted, GSers its goner piss down all sat night & sunday.

P
    You must be looking at a different Metvuw to me...

Clint is worried there won't be any rain at all, and it will ruin his "100% chance of rain" statistic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rain-nzni-2012072512-72.gif 
Views:	12 
Size:	125.9 KB 
ID:	266881  
    The road to hell is paved...

Bike
    Husqvarna 701E - WR250F - Can Am 500

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
    Clint is worried there won't be any rain at all, and it will ruin his "100% chance of rain" statistic.
    O what a terrible shame , no rain.

We will all be soooo dissapointed
    Here for a good time, not necessarily a long time

Bike
    Buell XB12X 'Black Betty'

Clint n Rosie and?

Hey guys, I will meet you at Murapara GAS friday, I will be there from 1520ish so see you then.
    I'm no gynaecologist, however I would be happy to take a look......................

Bike
    KTM 640 Enduro
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatijim View Post
    Hey guys, I will meet you at Murapara GAS friday, I will be there from 1520ish so see you then.
    Cool, see you there.

Metvuw sez fine til Sun night, Metservice sez maybe some drizzle Sunday arvo. I'm off to do a rain & snow dance

Cheers
    Clint

Bike
    Could you just settle for a snow dance? I'm betting those roads have seen enough rain recently for our purposes!
    I'm no gynaecologist, however I would be happy to take a look......................

Bike
    KTM 1190 Adv R and a bunch of dirties
    I've been working my way through my list of stuff to take and focusing on NOT TAKING STUFF AND NOT TAKING JUST IN CASE STUFF!

And the pile is still huge. I think I'll have another galss of wine instead.

Ah - add a bottle of Port to the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Bike
    Wrrrrrr
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
    You must be looking at a different Metvuw to me...

Yeah Monday's weather DOH

P

Bike
    2007 Suzuki DR200 SE
    200 already to go . . . . along with some comfort choccy bars for the back pack.
    Many thanks Night Falcon for your skills last night with my bark buster problem. An excellent job Now LOL one choccy bar for Marty, one for me, one for Marty. . . .
    Safe trip up & down everyone & see you just after 8.00am on the corner of Puhokura Road.

Those joining us at Bay View BP, we will be off just after 6.15 so breakfast pie eaters may need to get there a little earlier

Bike

Brrrrrrr......

Steekin frost here this morning, Rangi at 8am tomorrow is goin to be just fridgid! I bet it won't thaw all day amongst the big timber either?

Clint, maybe you should talk to the rain gods again- at least that would be warmer.

Take care everyone out on the Nap/Tpo early tomorrow.

Now, wheres my swanni?

Thread Information