Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Minginui - Matawai - Motu Midwinter Madness Ride 28-29 July 2012

Bike
    . .
    Leave and accommodation booked. I'll see you all there.

Bike
    Triumph XC 800
    Blog Entries
    Looking forward to it: provided I make it back from the States Today!
    "Those who hammer there guns into plow shears will plow for those who do not" Thomas Jefferson

Bike
    Husky TC449, DR650 Adv.
    Quote Originally Posted by tri boy View Post
    Me n Kanny are in Raro at that time, so sadly we have to take a rain check.
    But will be thinking of you lot as we snorkle in warm water, and relax under a shady palm tree.
    Amanda and I also in Raro at that time, so I to sadly will have to take a rain check, however, I cannot say that I will be thinking of anyone back here in wet and cold NZ, but I can say, have a good ride and enjoy. Hahahaha

Life is about having fun.

Bike
    2010 R1200GS 2012

Wink Im In

Hi Clint I'm in provided I can get another leave pass from her in doors, Just got back from 3 weeks riding around Morocco an southern Spain.
    Life shouldnt end at the grave well presented but rather, slide in sideways totally worn out yelling "shit that was a great ride!"

Bike
    2008 BMW F800 GS

Saturday night accomodation in matawai....

Just spoke to the bloke over the road from the Matawai pub with the bunkbeds.

we wants us to consolidate and send him one list of who will be there on the night, sounds like it's too much trouble to book us in individually.

It's $30 for the night, includes showers and kitchen. bring your own bedding.

anyone else going. pm me if you are and i will sort it out.

$30 a night in matawai? for a bunk? it better be flash.........
    It wasn't me, it was like that when I found it. Honest.

Bike
    Husqvarna 701E - WR250F - Can Am 500
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman71 View Post

for a bunk? it better be flash.........
    It aint flash at all. Converted shipping container with a torch in the roof for lights.

I have already booked accomodation, but for those who have not i would try the link that Clint has on the 1st post for the house in Matawai.
    Says it will sleep 7

Edit.... i see the link is now gone, place must be booked perhaps ??
    Here for a good time, not necessarily a long time

Bike
    '91 R100GS Supertanker
    One other alternative is to zip back to Gisborne for the night. I think a couple of Wgtn people are thinking of doing that. Of course that will mean that you'll definitely miss out on the saturday night bullshit sessions, but...
    IT'S JUST BETTER WHEN THERE'S TWINS INVOLVED..
    My GS build thread is here
    My ride photos are here

Bike
    2008 BMW F800 GS
    Quote Originally Posted by MXNUT View Post
    It aint flash at all. Converted shipping container with a torch in the roof for lights.
    Oh shit really? Well nothing on book a Bach, no surprises there.

Tent...?.mmmmmm....Snow did someone say??....maybe just tough it out in the container.

Bike
    KTM 640 Enduro
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman71 View Post
    Just spoke to the bloke over the road from the Matawai pub with the bunkbeds.

we wants us to consolidate and send him one list of who will be there on the night, sounds like it's too much trouble to book us in individually.

:
    Unbelievable! He's charging about twice as much as it's worth & he can't even be bothered doing bookings! Thanks for taking that on Gman.

I did send a msg to my mate in Matawai enquiring about other accom options around the village but I haven't heard back, I'll give him a call over the weekend.

That link is still live for the farm cottage, not sure if anyone has booked it yet though, if so let me know & I'll remove the link so they don't get hassled.

Cheers
    Clint

Bike
    Orange ones! (and a few others...)
    I'm in.... I'm riding the R80 (on road tyres, subject to a test ride in mud on sunday) so feel free to give expressions of interest in the BMW pushing game, I should only need three or so people at a time so there will be plenty of time to get your own riding in.
    Riding down friday so I will be in touch with Gman and anyone else interested, west coast to Pio Pio then thru Pureora to Taupo, has anyone saved / got a spare bed at Rangitikei? Camping at Matawai, I assume there is somewhere flat and not under water near the pub.

My one aim will be to not get passed by Rosie this year.

Bike
    . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisis management View Post
    I'm in.... I'm riding the R80 (on road tyres, subject to a test ride in mud on sunday) so feel free to give expressions of interest in the BMW pushing game, I should only need three or so people at a time so there will be plenty of time to get your own riding in.
    Riding down friday so I will be in touch with Gman and anyone else interested, west coast to Pio Pio then thru Pureora to Taupo, has anyone saved / got a spare bed at Rangitikei? Camping at Matawai, I assume there is somewhere flat and not under water near the pub.

Gonna have to take the super heavy duty rain gear now. It'll be good to see ya Ian

Bike
    WR250R
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisis management View Post

I'll probably be riding TEC, so I won't be allowed to pass you
    The road to hell is paved...

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
    I'll probably be riding TEC, so I won't be allowed to pass you
    But you will be allowed to come up behind him and tootle your horn melodiously.

Bike
    2008 BMW F800 GS

Saturday night accomodation- Matawai

Ok, since the revelation of the shipping container with a torch, and the fact I found a pic with 4 inches of snow outside the matawai pub, I have searched for other 'options'-

New option:

There is a Luxury Lodge / B&B/Homestay thingy over the road. I have spoken to them. usually $165 dinner/bed/breakfast.
    Have said there may be a few takers, and we probably wont need dinner, assuming the pub will provide that.
    So now the rate is $100 including a breakfast, and by the sounds of it it will be quite nice. "Luxury B&B" has such a nicer ring to it than "Shipping container with torch in roof for light"
    Also heard last time, campground forgot to open toilets, few problems etc last time, and owner may be away at the time. Emphasis on word "away"

They only have 4 beds ( i have booked 2 of them) so 2 left, but the lady said if others aren't that fussy, they can work something out- so maybe matresses, camps stretchers will be on offer...?

again- happy to co-ordinate this as well- 2 have already stuck their hands up for the container/bunks, will take bookings for the B&B as well and see what we can sort out.

Bike
    2010 R1200GS 2012

Out

Sorry Clint the boss tells me I'm in India that week so I miss out yet again.

Cheers Pete.
    Life shouldnt end at the grave well presented but rather, slide in sideways totally worn out yelling "shit that was a great ride!"

Thread Information