Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Minginui - Matawai - Motu Midwinter Madness Ride 28-29 July 2012

Bike
    KTM 1190 Adv R and a bunch of dirties
    Packing the mule now and heading off before mid day. See you there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Bike
    DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatijim View Post
    Steekin frost here this morning, Rangi at 8am tomorrow is goin to be just fridgid! I bet it won't thaw all day amongst the big timber either?
    nah we'll be fine....MMMMM 2010

Bike
    WR250R
    Right... I'm off
    See you all at the pub... if not before
    The road to hell is paved...

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by DR Girl View Post
    One day Loop plans for Hawkes Bay riders are as follows if anyone wants to tag along.

I'm meeting Marty (Night Falcon) at his place at 5.50am in Havelock North. Glad to hear 'Jimbo' is able to join us also Marty
    Then we will ride to BP Connect Bay View(open 24 hrs), arriving there 6.15am. Gas up. Meeting GrantWB there & anyone else who would like to join us, or who is staying over in Hawkes Bay for the night for MMMMM.
    Wade, hear you've been in contact with Marty, great, & Bart/ Pomgolian what are your plans ?. If any other Hv Nth riders want to meet at Marty's, suggest you pm him. Remember to be as quiet as poss when arriving on Sat so we don't wake the kids or neighbours
    We will meet Clint, Rosie & the group at the corner of Pohokura Rd. We will be there by 7.50/8.00 am LOL

On the return, maybe a stop at the nice Cafe 287 just South of Wairoa (3kms on the left past Wairoa), this cafe is open till 4.00pm. . . . then a stop for a hot or cold one at Waikare Pub in Putorino?
    Bugger that Canary word sounds like something that will become a nickname too easily lol. I forgot to mention that I will warn of ice patches by releasing a shower of sparks from which ever side of the bike is closest to the ground. Unfortunately this release of heat energy may not be sufficient to provide any extra traction for the next rider through...
    Done a quick add up via google maps and some maths from clints km summary for us round trippers. Looks like 79km from Bayview to Pohukura rd, 134km from pohukura to waikaremoana (subtracting 11km off from pohukura to Rangataiki pub), giving a total of 213km for first leg of Napier round trippers as far as fuel goes.
    See you lot at the BP bayview in the morning then. Be on a White DR650, black and flouro yellow riding gear.
    That stop at Cafe 427 wairoa sounds like a great idea, been meaning to stop in there for ages. Putorino always a good atmosphere too.

Bike
    that black thing above the puddle of oil
    A group of us will be leaving Westshore camp at a more leisurely time of 6.50am

I like my sleep.
    Showing off for the camera since ages ago

Barts Photos
    Barts adventure photo thread

Bike
    Buell XB12X 'Black Betty'
    Quote Originally Posted by Shewolf View Post
    nah we'll be fine....MMMMM 2010
    OMG.......I've bin out of country for too long I think. Is it too l8 to change my mind?
    I'm no gynaecologist, however I would be happy to take a look......................

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Quote Originally Posted by bart View Post
    A group of us will be leaving Westshore camp at a more leisurely time of 6.50am

I like my sleep.
    Thats sounds way more civilized !

What do ya reckon DR Girl & others....meet up at Bayview BP at 6:50am cruz over with Bart and co? We all meet up at crosses/napier road intersection (by the bridge) at round 6.10?
    ....wherezz that track go

Bike
    Very Modded DR650
    Have fun everyone, wish I was going.
    www.AdventureRidingNZ.co.nz NZ's dedicated Adventure Riding Community
    Forums, free GPS track downloads and much more. Now over 5700 members, are you one of them?

Bike
    2007 Suzuki DR200 SE
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Falcon View Post

What do ya reckon DR Girl & others....meet up at Bayview BP at 6:50am cruz over with Bart and co? We all meet up at crosses/napier road intersection (by the bridge) at round 6.10?
    That's great by me. Glad Bart on to it Thought we were getting a bit early re our leaving time Marty, then 'him in doors' was giving his time prediction & need for caution re ice. He doesn't realise how fast the 2hundy is with skis on
    No need to worry though....as we now have the 'canary' ( yup, it's going to stick ) to test the ice. Thanks buddy for that. Will be nice to meet you.

Bike
    2008 Suzuki DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Falcon View Post

6.50am at Bayview BP sounds great.

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatijim View Post
    OMG.......I've bin out of country for too long I think. Is it too l8 to change my mind?
    you'll be fine, that shot was taken in 2010. I have it on good authority it only gets that cold every 3years
    ....wherezz that track go

Bike
    XRV750, DL650, KL250, XR200R
    Just wishing everyone a great ride, Hope you all stay upright and I will be hanging out for the ride pics.
    Im trying to picture outrigger skis on a DR200..lol

Have a good one
    COP, "Ive been waiting to catch you all day"
    BIKER "Sorry officer, I got here as fast as I could"

Bike
    2007 Suzuki DR200 SE
    Quote Originally Posted by Waipukbiker View Post
    Just wishing everyone a great ride, Hope you all stay upright and I will be hanging out for the ride pics.
    Im trying to picture outrigger skis on a DR200..lol

Have a good one
    . . . Maybe I should be saying ice skates
    Thanks Ross for that

Bike
    2007 Suzuki DR200 SE
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantWB View Post
    6.50am at Bayview BP sounds great.
    Looking forward to that

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar

Smile

Ohhh an extra 30mins sleep sounds ok by me . See you all at 6.50 then or probably a bit earlier to grab a coffee so I've got an excuse to pull over just before the icy bits and hand over the pathfinder duties to someone else.
    Dead calm in Napier big gaps on the isobars map, going to be a good frost, coming down on the car roof at 5pm already. You lose bugger all time slowing down in the suspect places so we should all make good time up there.
    I live near the expressway so if there is another mutiny during the night I will hear you all thumping by in the morning while I'm having brekky and play catchup.

Thread Information