Bike
    a shed full of crazy shit
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    A few more ideas
    Drixton
    Attachment 319506

Lyster
    Attachment 319508

One off the Eurospares page of Mike Moore (this might be Drixton also)
    Attachment 319507

Colin Seeley
    Attachment 319505

Rickman
    Attachment 319509

A replica made for the CBR250 engine
    Attachment 319504
    http://www.jl-exhausts.com/honda-rc1...its-1037-p.asp
    Davies Motorsport
    http://www.daviesmotorsport.com

Bike
    What day of the week?
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    thats the ticket! dam thing has 2 cylinders to many

Bike
    What day of the week?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    great link!

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by TALLIS View Post
    Make up a few dummy pipes or just bleed a few into 2 remember the Trident and the GT Suzukis 3 cylinders 4 pipes. It should actually make it quieter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Exercycle
    Husa, where the f did you get that pic of the Lyster Honda mockup ? I have here one of the batch of 3 frames built under Colin's supervision in Nelson not long before he died. Must do some more on it even though No money's been seen for a while....

I'd probably do a Lyster for the small four. Have a look on line for the manx/G50 frames - very light gauge and small dia tube too. Given he did a frame for the 500 for Hailwood which seems to have worked but then everything was swapped to the reynolds frame...Very few pics of the Lyster/Hailwood frame around but it's typical lyster with four triangles meeting at the steering head.

Haven't looked at the Davies motorsport site for a while. My oil pump mods are cheaper (advert)

Bike
    Exercycle
    The owner of the 350/455 four and I have discussed hydroforming another two pipes and simply putting a sheet over the bike every time it comes in to the pits....worked for Honda - for a while.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Husa, where the f did you get that pic of the Lyster Honda mockup ? I have here one of the batch of 3 frames built under Colin's supervision in Nelson not long before he died. Must do some more on it even though No money's been seen for a while....

I'd probably do a Lyster for the small four. Have a look on line for the manx/G50 frames - very light gauge and small dia tube too. Given he did a frame for the 500 for Hailwood which seems to have worked but then everything was swapped to the reynolds frame...Very few pics of the Lyster/Hailwood frame around but it's typical lyster with four triangles meeting at the steering head.

Haven't looked at the Davies motorsport site for a while. My oil pump mods are cheaper (advert)
    I googled lyster pretty sure it was a Repo?
    It was in a thread somewhere about drixton frames i think.
    i will have a look? later
    there is more pics
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lyster-cb450-race-project-drixton-racer-black-bomber-classic-racer-11.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	319547Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lyster-cb450-race-project-drixton-racer-black-bomber-classic-racer-10.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	319548
    http://carsonlineuk.com/motorcycles/...sic-racer.html

plus here is a few more Drixton pics better on a twin but i still like em

Name:	Drixton500b.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	11.4 KB 
ID:	319543Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DrixtonYamXS650-750%20005.gif 
Views:	25 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	319544Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xs650drixton5-1.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	319545Name:  untitled (59).png
Views: 82
Size:  71.8 KB
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    a shed full of crazy shit
    great link!
    For a while now I've been trying to convince scotty to build something like this for all the zxr250 engines lying in my and his sheds (we must have a 6-7 between us)..

Chuck in the FXR forks, find some shocks and spoked wheels.

The Davies lads have one with a CBR250, RC165 or whatever replica. It would be a fun toy to putt around in development...

Bike
    husaberg

while i was looking for the renolds frame i found a third one that was done for Hailwood i had never herard of it was a continential name it looked better than both.
    The big issue with the framing the Honda according to Ken Sprayson was the height while trying to maintain ground clearance hence the abreviated downtubes and the odd under engine set up.
    When Surtess tested Hailwoods bike he also mentioned there was a huge gap to the swingarm to the countershaft so no wonder it was a camel if it kept jacking up and had over well 100HP on Skinny tyres.

Shit i found it

Name:	Honda_GP_500_Belletti_frame.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	344.3 KB 
ID:	319550
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stelio_Belletti

Here is the Lyster honda fully clothed.

Name:	post-582-129527389189_thumb.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	319551
    Renyolds

Name:	frame.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	319552

plus a nice period side view of the Rc166 or 7 or similar

Name:	motorrad_Honda.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	319553
    Last edited by husaberg; 14th February 2016 at 13:54. Reason: fixed the frame iD
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Exercycle
    i'd lay good money on there only being two aftermarket frames for the 500 Honda. The Reynolds is well known. That Beletti I'd bet is what has been known as the Lyster.
    Bear in mind that Colin didn't usually build his own frames. He designed them and farmed out the fabrication. Most if not all were made by Grand Prix Metalcraft in London. I'd suggest that Beletti made the "lyster" frame for Hailwood from Colin's drawings. i'm sure I've read that the Lyster frame was made in Italy too.

It has all the characteristic Colin features - square chain adjuster inserts(agricultural...) front downtube "girders" Multi tube rear triangles - and of course the Lyster brakes.

As an aside, when asked how many CB450 frames were made in the day in the UK, Colin apparently said that if someone asked for one he would just loan the drawings, sometimes for a fee, often not...He had no idea how many frames bearing his name had been built cos GP Metalcraft apparently did some without telling him as well.

Bike
    GPR150
    great stuff , good side on's there , best to start collecting stuff now, what size tube do you think grumph ? 1 inch?
    i'm over buckets

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by mr bucketracer View Post
    great stuff , good side on's there , best to start collecting stuff now, what size tube do you think grumph ? 1 inch?
    The 450 frame i have here is 1 1/8in main loops with 7/8in details. The manx/G50 frames like Neville Landrebe won the NZ title on in '68 were spindly looking things 1 in main rails with 5/8 in triangulation everywhere. His old frame is i believe still in ChCh. I heard someone in Auck approached the owner asking to borrow it to copy - with the promise of a fresh frame so the bike could come out again. It's known to be cracked badly...
    The answer was no....
    Apparently, Colin didn't use anything sophisticated in tubing. His designs rely on straight tube triangulation so strength in bending is not relevant.

lifted a pic of the lightweight G50 frame off michael Moore's site, with thanks. This is same as landrebe's one. They were only intended to do one season of GP's or brit short circuits then throwaway. Would you build one like this now ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lancem1.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	319564  

Bike
    husaberg
    i'd lay good money on there only being two aftermarket frames for the 500 Honda. The Reynolds is well known. That Beletti I'd bet is what has been known as the Lyster.
    Bear in mind that Colin didn't usually build his own frames. He designed them and farmed out the fabrication. Most if not all were made by Grand Prix Metalcraft in London. I'd suggest that Beletti made the "lyster" frame for Hailwood from Colin's drawings. i'm sure I've read that the Lyster frame was made in Italy too.

It has all the characteristic Colin features - square chain adjuster inserts(agricultural...) front downtube "girders" Multi tube rear triangles - and of course the Lyster brakes.

As an aside, when asked how many CB450 frames were made in the day in the UK, Colin apparently said that if someone asked for one he would just loan the drawings, sometimes for a fee, often not...He had no idea how many frames bearing his name had been built cos GP Metalcraft apparently did some without telling him as well.
    I am not sure if you can see the frame pics but they are very different in design. funny enough I have always thought Lyster had an hand in the Patton frames as they followed his head and spindly down tube design
    I had never heard of the other frame, even in the write up Surtess did on the Hailwood 500's
    Regardless both versions were claimed not to have been raced in GP's while it is claimed the Italian job evidentially was.

Later

this is what I found a bit of both
    'Colin Lyster, who had worked on the Paton frames, which seemed to handle okay, offered help. 'when I spoke to chap from Renolds(注:Reynoldsの誤り), the tube-makers, he said it would take a couple of months to knock up new frame. That was far too long to have to wait, so Colin and I went to Italy to see a man who had a welding business just outside Milan. Everybody told us he was a brilliant welder an a fair hand with frames. ~He* really got to work and produced a frame in sixteen days, We almost lived on his doorstep to make sure he hurried things along. 'We put the engine in it and tested it at Modena. It wasn't too bad, but it still wasn't quite right.'

'I rode the Honda with new, fuller frame at Rimini before the Grand Prix season stared(注:実際にリミニ(イタリア)のレースに出場したのはドイツGPの1週間後。 さらにフランスGP(500ccクラスはなし)の1週間後、ブランズハッチ(イギリス)で行われたレースに も出場している). I managed to win, an the frame stood up to the tougher test better than standard one would have done. It was obviously only a question of time before the new frame was absolutely right, but time was something I didn't have enough of. I couldn't risk using it in the world championships.'

'~Honda were furious. They sent me a strong letter emphasizing that they like to keep everything they do secret. But I still couldn't get them to commit themselves about making a better frame. Then it all came to a head when I asked them for some bits and pieces for the new unit. They were so slow in responding that I gave up and abandoned the idea.'

(*: Honda Motorcycles(by Aaron Frank, 2003 Motorbooks International)によるとBelletti)
    http://jfrmc.ganriki.net/rc181/rc181-1.htm
    some other observations about the handling
    http://www.vf750fd.com/Joep_Kortekaas/riders.html

Some other replica frame pics
    http://www.motor-forum.nl/forum/list...replica-1.html

Name:	racer1 foto.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	319580Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC07616.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	319581
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    GPR150
    50 is rooted )-;
    i'm over buckets

Bike