Page 526 of 652 FirstFirst ... 26426476516524525526527528536576626 ... LastLast
Results 7,876 to 7,890 of 9776

Thread: Sidecar Racing

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    fuck you're hard on gear.
    At least you made the length of pitlane, I didn't even get out of the garage

Found an oil circuit diagram, loosed off the filter oil pumped out when I turned it over, took off the oil cooler line same deal, took off the other side of the cooler and oil pumps out, pulled the plug from the end of the oil gallery and oil comes out, now I have oil pressure back but fuck knows how or why

Now the cunting thing wont start
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    BSA A10
    It turns out brake clean works pretty well as a engine start, just done another oil and filter change and it's now looking pretty clean, I'll do one more just to make sure and that will do

I've got a practice day at Levels Friday so I still have another change to fuck it before the weekend
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Bike
    BSA A10

King of Levels Rd 2 15/08/15

The weekend before I’d been doing an oil change when it all turned to custard and a frost plug popping sometime between draining the oil, refilling it and firing it up dumped all the coolant into the oil which meant an engine change

After firing up the spare motor we had no oil pressure, a bit of dicking about pulling bits off to see where the oil was circulating to seemed to fix that

So we decided we’d go down the night before and do a bit of testing working on the principle we’d rather kill it in practice than on the race day

Test day went fine, we did several sessions and also took out newcomer to the sport Jessie to get a few more laps under her belt and with having the track to ourselves we also did a few practice starts as well

We dump in the shed and leave the trailer in the pits for the night to save loading up again and head off for the night

Arriving the next day we drag it out and give it a look over and put the wets on it as the weathers turned a bit crap

Practice
    We head on out and start winding it up, slowly getting on the brakes harder and harder and giving it a bit of throttle at different parts of the track to check the grip levels

Yellow flags out on the start/finish and Goober/Matt are parked off the side

We do a few more laps then pull back in

Goober/Matt arrive back a bit later and it turns out to be nothing major and easily fixable

Race 1
    We’re off P1 with James/Hayley P2, Matt/Goober P3 and Phil/Steve P4

We’re not trying very hard off the line and we get a good start and lead into turn 1, over the next few laps I can constantly hear Goober/Matt behind us and fully expect them to make or try a pass at some stage

Once we round the hairpin on the last lap and they haven't tried a move I know we have it in the bag and finish off in 1st with Goober/Matt right behind in 2nd James/Hayley 3rd and Phil/Stephen 4th

A check over between races reveals the water slightly low so we top it up and check a few nuts and bolts

Race two
    Another good start and again we can hear Goober/Matt behind us; lap 2 and Goober/Matt outbrake us off the end of the straight and block us through the corner

I make sure we’re keeping up them and close enough to pass them and we follow them off the end of the straight on lap 3 thinking I will have a go at them there on the next lap

We come around to the hairpin and I’m thinking I might try an inside move but don’t quite have the room and then Goober/Matt spin right in front of us

We just about have to come to a dead stop to avoid t boning them and to give us room to go around the back of them and that gives them time to get into gear and get going again

I can hear them right behind us through T1/T2 and onto the straight so I take a more defensive line off the end and cover the inside

White flag and I can still hear then so I take the inside down the straight, it’s not as good as the outside as there’s more puddles

I catch a flash of red and white off the end as Goober/Matt try to go around the outside but I’m not backing out and they look like they’re going to run out of track before we do and we end the race with the same finishing order as the first

Checking it over before the next race and the water is slightly down again which is a bit of a worry but we top it up do the rest of the checks and get ready again

Race 3
    I make the biggest cock up of any start ever, I normally put it in neutral until the lights come on and then click it into first

For some reason I forget to put it into gear and when the lights go out we’re going nowhere

I get it into gear and on the way quick smart and we arrive at T1 pretty much 3 wide with us on the inside, I have to back out and James/Hayley take the lead with Goober/Matt behind them

There isn’t enough room to go around the outside of T2 and we’re in 3rd coming onto the straight. Goober/Matt are pulling out to pass James/Hayley and we go around them as well and set off after Goober/Matt

We got a good run onto the straight and making up for our crap start and taking the inside line we outbrake them off the end

We can hear them at every corner and on lap 4/5 I cover the inside line off the straight so they have to take the long way around

I’m expecting them to try somewhere else on the track and when I cock the hairpin up on the last lap think that might be there chance but we have just enough of a lead that they can’t do it and finish in the same order again

Despite the crap weather and being on wets all day a fairly enjoyable days racing

Thanks to

Pete and Matt @ http://www.independentlines.com/
    Joanne van der Westhuizen @ Career Success - www.careersuccess.co.nz
    Scott McCone @ http://prometal.co.nz/

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post

I got a Hatrick
    good shit!

Can I have your autograph?

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    good shit!

Can I have your autograph?
    Send me a stamped self addressed envelope with $5 and a bag of chips and I will hook you up bro

First round of King of Ruapuna this weekend

Bike
    BSA A10

King of Ruapuna Rd 1

There fucking wasn't one

Goober went fishing and spent all day on the boat spewing

Kai's bike isn't going yet

Alex hurt his back

Phil didn't ride because the AGIP bike is going north next week and he doesn't want to break it

So I couldn't be fucked with only one other sidecar going to be there and did some other shit instead

Bike
    BSA A10
    Not sure if anyone has ever heard of him but some pommy guy called Tim Reeves is apparently coming out to race a sidecar at Wangas, I'm guessing he'll have Pat Farrance on the side

http://www.steveenglish.com/forum/vi...p?f=45&t=55031

For sale from Sept. 26./27. Frohburg ( Sidecar Trophy & IRRC - Race ).

Contact bumblebee NOT STEVE E..
    Andre Hummel a.hummel.cb@googlemail.com

DMR F 2 Chassis for CBR 600 ´03-´06. (PC37)

come with : Brake System
    Tank/Fuel System
    Exhaust
    Radiator
    Fairing , Platform , Undertray
    Wiring
    Airbox
    Oil-Pan
    Set of rear sprockets
    new spare chain and brake pads

Main tubes changed 2011/2012
    Pictures with Engine for example

GBP 3400,-

Bike
    a red heap
    It is with great sadness and heartache that I announce the devastating news that happened at Taupo racetrack at the NZCMRR winter classic.

At approximately 2pm on Saturday the 5th of September 2015, while selflessly helping people stay comfortable, my EZ-up got fucken murdered by a freak gust of wind.

R.I.P Bluey.

If anybody would like to sponsor me an EZ-up that would be pretty chur.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Not sure if anyone has ever heard of him but some pommy guy called Tim Reeves is apparently coming out to race a sidecar at Wangas, I'm guessing he'll have Pat Farrance on the side

according to the cemetery circuit publicity tim's coming, either he's racing a solo or they have no respect for the passengers existence...

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    according to the cemetery circuit publicity tim's coming, either he's racing a solo or they have no respect for the passengers existence...
    when Greg Murphy races in the V8 supercars they don't mention the groceries he's transporting.

Bike
    motocompo
    Any word on what he is riding? It's not entirely impossible that his passenger may be a kiwi.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Any word on what he is riding? It's not entirely impossible that his passenger may be a kiwi.
    there's a container in england due to leave about the 11th sept, his bike is going in there, word has it they have more space to fill.

Bike
    motocompo
    there's a container in england due to leave about the 11th sept
    Fuck me! Are they actually importing one especially for scrivy to hit this year?

Bike
    a red heap
    Any word on what he is riding? ....
    probably a sidecar.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Fuck me! Are they actually importing one especially for scrivy to hit this year?
    So are you quicker around Taupo on an R100 than a slabbie?
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Thread Information