Page 455 of 652 FirstFirst ... 355405445453454455456457465505555 ... LastLast
Results 6,811 to 6,825 of 9776

Thread: Sidecar Racing

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    ..... I gotta drive the family back to south Auckland after.
    why, what did they do wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by old rig View Post
    i heard your giving it away cause your got 2inchs extra
    has he shaved his pubes again?

Bike
    Windle, MoBuilt, Fireblade, RS250, FZR4
    Quote Originally Posted by peril 787b View Post
    Bypassing the fuel relay? Which relay? The electrical power supply one or the fuel pressure regulator?

The quick disconnect under the tank? That was added after the issues were found, It's a dual shut-off style out of a Triumph 1050i so shouldn't have caused an issue
    Ditched that quick release at the tank - the valve inside it which closes when you disconnect, was opening and closing with the coupling connected and was allowing a mere 200ml of fuel flow per minute at best and at times the valve would close and allow no flow.. no need for it anyway, same with the fuel filter fitted, it would allow about 400mls fuel flow through it at best - ditched that, replaced all the fuel lines too.. with new set up - free flow is 2.5 litres per minute... freeee willy!

The fuel pump relay - to answer which relay question. It was turning the pump on an off... not because of the tip over switch tho, think it was just the relay had problems energizing/staying energized or something, call it fucked and then finally it gave up all together. Ditch that little sucker and run a direct power feed now with switch and fuse. Although I will buy another relay just in case I want to use it one day, one on ebay I shall bid on.

And finally, the fuel pump itself gave up - probably because it was trying to suck the fuel from the restricted fuel line, or because it was getting a shit power supply or whatever thats my guess anyway. So new pump fitted too..

Think thats all it was in the end, had the fuel tank out and looked it over with my boss at work - its design is fine, the return line position is fine, breather is fine and the outlet is actually quite good, it has a little sump to avoid any starvation/fuel supply loss during cornering g force.

As far as the rest of the bike goes its mint, bit uncomfortable so will fine tune the seat a bit, gear shifts are a bit tough for my weak chicken legs.. not sure if there is much I can do about it.. handles nicely though - I have really enjoyed riding it the last couple of sessions now that it runs good, makes great power, gets off the line and out of corners quickly. Just need to spend the time on the track with Ella so she can build up the skill and confidence - at the moment we are going 2 minute laps at Puna in the dry and... well.. I'm still being asked to slow down. So a bit of team building and work needed there but all in good fun.. I'm enjoying the seat time

Got a shit load of work to do now though, polish frame, fix the fairings which got all fucked up after Wazza decided to reverse into me at the hairpin, paint it, new battery, stripping the loom further, have got rid of most of the extra shit like the lights and instrument panel and stuff - will remove everything that isnt in use and will probably cut and add or remove length of wires to route it nicely. I have drawn some nice schematics and have unpinned all the wiring not cut anything.. so theoretically it could all be put back together.. but I plan to change the length of some of the wires so it sits better in the sidecar so probably a waste of time but meh.. better this way incase something happened and the bike doesnt run you can just put the wires back in the harness plugs.

Trying to get the trailer covered in as well for the long mish up north. And get the old tow car ready for its 1,000's of kms driving to get to Wangas and back and tour around the North Island a bit while we're up there.

Quote Originally Posted by scrivy View Post
    So has the Agip bike gotten its steering problems sorted?
    Yea man, a while a go I posted pics and stuff, I stripped it right down, replaced all bearings and bushes and tie rods, rebuilt all brake calipers and pistons, cleaned everying, brake lines etc and pulled the brake bias system apart to find it had fallen apart internally anyway.
    After all that, and with the brake bias dialled in, she handles the same as before - its possible the broken brake bias setup was causing the steering issues (it fishtailed or swerved under braking)

Quote Originally Posted by peril 787b View Post
    That would be the tip over switch, factory fitting in the two wheeler that stops the pump should it end upside down. It ought to be glued /siliconed up inside (as in a sidecar the forces acting upon it are different).
    Yea, someone had already done that? If it wasn't you guys then it must have been Speedway Grant down here when he first put the motor in..

Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    I think Ella needs a tip over switch
    I think she was one, everytime I flip her over she gets turned off...

Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    If you're building a tube frame and worried about cracking, set it up with the appropriate valve etc to hold air pressure in the tubing. Makes cracks easy to find too.
    Thats an awesome Idea.. if only it could be done in retro to the windle.. too much hassle for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post

Love the twin pipes!

Bike
    Oh yea, Agip bike is being run down here by my old swinger Phil and his new swinger Stephen.. they look to be having a blast on it and are currently in negotiations with their respective wives about purchasing the outfit off me..

Hopefully they get that sorted before Nationals or something as then I would have the money to run Nats - if not then never mind, they are helping us out making up numbers at club days anyway

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
    fix the fairings which got all fucked up after Wazza decided to reverse into me at the hairpin.
    Pity the camera wasn't on for that one
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Pity the camera wasn't on for that one
    Yea, everyones been a bit useless with the camera down here. I'm going to make a provision for the camera in the fairing now while I have the fibreglass and resins going

Bike
    BSA A10
    http://www.steveenglish.com/forum/vi...p?f=45&t=52867

For Sale, Trevor Robinson's Windle F2 Suzuki K6

● chassis 2000
    ● yoshi em pro
    ● powercomander 5
    ● auto tune
    ● akraprovic exhaust
    ● AP calipers
    ● 6 wheels
    ● very tidy outfit
    ● £9000

This is the last F2 Terry Windle made.
    Contact, Trevor on 07840862526

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    In short, do your bit or fuck off.
    One wonders who Kick bought his Association T shirts off previously, and whether he thought they were being paid to do it?

Bike
    http://www.steveenglish.com/forum/vi...p?f=45&t=52867

This is the last F2 Terry Windle made.
    Contact, Trevor on 07840862526

Recon Kiwisaver would give me my first home buyers cash out for this addition to the garage?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    One wonders who Kick bought his Association T shirts off previously, and whether he thought they were being paid to do it?
    He likes to get his stuff as it falls out of the back of a van..

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    In all fairness that post wasn't directed at him, it was just a general post to put all & sundry in the loop.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    In all fairness that post wasn't directed at him, it was just a general post to put all & sundry in the loop.
    Fuck you then, I was feeling special up until now

Bike
    00 Gixxer 750 and ZX10 tricycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Kornholio View Post
    Well I am good to go for Barry Sheene, See ya's there
    Son of a bitch, no I'm not

Haven't a rear light for rain... what size do I need and does it flash or not? Anyone know of places that sell them ie Repco or whathaveyou

Cheers
    Built for speed, not for comfort

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Kornholio View Post
    Son of a bitch, no I'm not

Haven't a rear light for rain... what size do I need and does it flash or not? Anyone know of places that sell them ie Repco or whathaveyou

Cheers
    Bicycle shop for the win man.

Bike
    motocompo
    Fuck you then, I was feeling special up until now
    Oh you're fuckin special bro!
    Patrikc Farance's father in law phoned me last night. The whole family is coming down here from the UK over Christmas & I have offered Patrick my place on the side with Scrivy at Wanganui.
    Patricks brother in law is racing there on a solo. Have to wait & see what happens. No pressure Scrivy.

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
    Recon Kiwisaver would give me my first home buyers cash out for this addition to the garage?
    Financial wisdom, it's a redeeming quality in a man.

Thread Information