Bike
    KTM rc390 / z50r / K100sf / Yam DT200WR
    Video removed in less than half an hour... must have been dodgy

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by peril 787b View Post
    Video removed in less than half an hour... must have been dodgy
    Fixed it, they must have changed the link
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    BSA A10
    If anyone watching those CTV videos has anything positive to say then please leave comments on the youtube site, maybe it will encourage them to come back out again

Some stuff from France
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Bike
    Windle, MoBuilt, Fireblade, RS250, FZR4
    Having worked through the Windle in question whilst it was in Dave's possession...
    Cheers - I'll let you know how we get on Yea, it was actually quite awful when I first got it from Dave, it would lurch violently on and off, like someone was snapping the gas from full throttle to completely shut constantly while in first gear.. it was so brutal - thought I was going to snap the chain or root the gear box.. we've come a long way since then.. with replacement injectors, looms, throttle bodies etc etc its a bit different now, just feels like a carb'd bike that is running out of fuel slowly in the floatbowls.. that sort of flat, dropping to 3 cyl feeling.. pretty much what Drews sounded like at Nats.
    Tanks off for a look, new fuel pump in and will try a different setup up with filtration and regulation. Pity is I have another fuel tank here but it makes up the left kneeler and I'm too tall so I don't fit in the bike with that one fitted.

Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    He should just sell it to me
    Sorry bro, not gonna happen any time soon infact the Agip bike is settling in nicely to its new home. Staying Southern too! Yee ha

Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    The two best part number fuel filters for EFI sidecars are Repco EF120 or EF 135 depending on if you want straight through, or 90 degree.
    They are the correct line size, can handle the pressure & are compact.
    They should be mounted in foam to prevent the element breaking off inside them, causing a restriction & should be replaced before every season.
    Cheers Bob - will take that onboard and follow your advice - Warwick also gave me a number for their fuel filters so if they are much the same I'll grab either or - guessing the one you suggested is from Repco?

2 weeks til next raceday! can't wait.. bound to have it sorted soon, I can taste it

Bike
    KTM rc390 / z50r / K100sf / Yam DT200WR
    The other tank is almost the same as the smaller one, that's the hi capacity IOM tank , so I'd say the pickup and return is more or less the same. You also can't fit that tank unless you've moved the battery, ECU, regulator and chopped off the side of the seat/kneeler.

Strange that you say it was lurching that bad, it never did that while I rode it at the HAGD, only the full throttle slow starvation, which it would correct if you rolled off from full throttle. On the Saturday of the HAGD, we fitted a spare pump (new one) and it partially solved the problem but it returned again, so we fitted the first pump again, and again it solved it only to return a little while later.

The Sunday racing, chair was fine for 3 laps then died as if completely out of fuel. Rode back to pits after the race had ended and it would rev cleanly and still appeared to have full power, although not able to run on track to check.
    Next race we borrowed the pump from Pate's chair just to make sure (a known good pump from a thou injected) that the pumps we were using weren't the cause. Same issue, good for 3-4 laps, died as if total starvation of fuel (was a FULL tank).

Bike
    The other tank is almost the same as the smaller one, that's the hi capacity IOM tank..
    Sure is.. have chatted to the IOM riders who used to own it and ran it at the TT

Anyway - will update after the next weekend racing.

Still very odd that it is intermittant if it is fuel starvation.. It's run a practice session and a full race with no starvation at all.. then all of a sudden it decides its not getting enough fuel - never mind. Will keep trying with the trial and error. Bound to crack it soon.

And yea - that tank has been fine with a high horsepower FZR1000 motor sucking the fuel so a little bizarre now its too restrictive but the carbs have float bowls I guess and fuel injection is a bit more sensitive to the fuel supply - will fiddlge around some more

This probably could have been sorted a lot quicker if we had the dash cluster and could use the OBD.. or even run it on a rolling road/dyno but c'est la vie. Money has been a big hinderance as has living in Dunedin with no track close and too many annoying police policing the public roads haha

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Our chair would run good and starve after a couple sessions, at the time I thought I was imagining it.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Our chair would run good and starve after a couple sessions, at the time I thought I was imagining it.
    Bizarre eh? you'd think if it was restricted it would starve all the time..

What was yours in the end? just fuel pump or pickup/fuel tank as well? You've run it since then and its all sorted?

Bike
    BSA A10
    Cause Kai hasn't put it up I guess I better, you can just about smell Goober shitting his pants at 1.07

Track was damp and pretty slippery in a lot of places for the first one

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
    Bizarre eh? you'd think if it was restricted it would starve all the time..

What was yours in the end? just fuel pump or pickup/fuel tank as well? You've run it since then and its all sorted?
    Pickup filter thingie was full of crap, never opened the pump up but I imagine it is too.

I'd check the pressure reg isn't blocked. Running rich presents the same as starving.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Cause Kai hasn't put it up I guess I better, you can just about smell Goober shitting his pants at 1.07..
    Look at that little Windle fly! Had to button off as Ella wanted to go slower to get more used to swinging etc and err, not fall off again.
    I probably should have picked a better place to slow down though in hindsight.. Sorry Goober

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Pickup filter thingie was full of crap, never opened the pump up but I imagine it is too.

I'd check the pressure reg isn't blocked. Running rich presents the same as starving.
    shweet, yea overfuelling could be an issue too - we'll see in the end.. cause the end is bound to be near

Bike
    Other peoples weapons....
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
    shweet, yea overfuelling could be an issue too - we'll see in the end.. cause the end is bound to be near
    For God's sake man!! Don't mention ends in the air around Pate..... you'll be lubed up and squealing like a stuck pig in no time...... I know, 'cause Gordie told me....
    Is it still beastiality if ya fuck a frozen chicken??

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by scrivy View Post
    For God's sake man!! Don't mention ends in the air around Pate..... you'll be lubed up and squealing like a stuck pig in no time...... I know, 'cause Gordie told me....
    haha ffs.. can't wait to see you fellas again at wangas tho! always a laugh

I'll bring the lube Pate we can go southern style on scrivy? Scrivy already txt and said he was keen but he'll never admit it on here

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by scrivy View Post

you are an automatic sick kunt
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

I love my job Call 0223210319--AKA Shaun

Bike
    Other peoples weapons....
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto-Dynamix View Post
    you are an automatic sick kunt
    Geezus... you think I got this good without practice????
    Is it still beastiality if ya fuck a frozen chicken??

Thread Information