Page 63 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast

Thread: FOR SALE - Drew and Alan's sidecar build

Bike
    Other peoples weapons....
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    and a little paint to make her look purdy.
    Nancy boys.....
    Is it still beastiality if ya fuck a frozen chicken??

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Time to finish the work on the chair, in preparation of the upcoming season. New mounts for the body work, fixed tail light (it's oversize, but I'll kick anyone who protests it in the crotch) since we've fucked three bicycle ones. Aaaaaaand a crap load of bog and a little paint to make her look purdy.
    What's wrong with taping or covering over part of the light so it's the correct size?

Quote Originally Posted by scrivy View Post
    and a little paint to make her look purdy.
    Nancy boys.....
    Aren't you riding the Pinkie?
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    Aren't you riding the Pinkie?
    That's why I added the love smiley........

I'll give it, but I certainly won't take it - that would be gay......

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    What's wrong with taping or covering over part of the light so it's the correct size?

That would work. This one matches FIM sidecar spec size, so it's the same as an F1 car.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by scrivy View Post
    Nancy boys.....
    Love you too...ya sick fuck.

Bike
    a red heap
    That would work. This one matches FIM sidecar spec size, so it's the same as an F1 car.
    What the fuck would FIM know? MNZ is where its at.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    MNZ is where its at.
    Mutant Ninja Zombies?

Bike
    BSA A10
    What did you get and where from? battery powered or hardwired?
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Love you too...ya sick fuck.

Says the one that loves me...

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    I dunno where it came from. Al scrounged it from somewhere.

It's not a race specific thing, has input for two levels of brightness.

Hard wired, we'll just plug it in when required.

Bike
    Windle, MoBuilt, Fireblade, RS250, FZR4
    the one on the windle and agip are the F1 style FIA size red lights - think it was 25 bucks and you got 2 plus the controller to make it flash if you want, or just have it solid on..

So far they both seem to be doing well on both bikes, they take a beating with stones and shit getting flicked up from the rear tyre but so far no damage and being LED they draw f-all from the battery/elec system

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Thread dredge time again.

We had a good weekend at the Barry Sheene, but the handling was terrible because of poor weight distribution. So with the intention of moving the motor forward 50mm, we got the old girl up on the stands and started work.

"AHHHHHH FOR FUCK SAKES"!

Removed the back wheel, to investigate a bit of brake rotor movement I noticed when Steve scrutinized the bike on Friday. It slides onto the hub/axle and locates with a big chunky keyway. But, the tiny tolerance required to allow it to slide on and off at wheel change time has turned into quite a bit of a tolerance. Hit the brakes, and the disk goes on the piss and starts eating it's way through the calliper mounting plate.

So that system is flawed, meaning we're not interested in the slightest in repairing it. Redesign time...again. So we're having a new hub made by a pretty fancy engineering outfit, which could run us to the tune of a thousand bucks. Since it's a one off custom, we have ordered a couple of shiney new supalite style wheels.

New system is a tad different to anything we've seen. The rear rotor is going to be on the left of the wheel, outside the swinging arm on a spline. Then we're making the right hand side of the swinging arm removable and should be able to change the rear wheel in under five minutes, instead of the half hour it takes now.

Because there is now a bloody great disk outside the swinging arm, it means the shock can't stay where it is though. This is a GOOD thing! So I grabbed a K8 Gixxer thou shock I had lying around, and it's getting mounted in the middle under my seat. Along with dog bones and linkage arm. There's a slight chance it's gonna detract from our launch capabilities, but it's adjustable all over the show and springs are cheap.

Right, that's the rear sorted. Decided it was time to replace the front brake pads, so out came the front wheel.

"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME, DOES THIS SHIT EVER END"?!!!

Up until the weekend been, the chair's never run full strength and we've never really had a proper race. With those things rectified, the front brakes have been twisting and contorting on their mounting plate too. In fact, the only thing stopping the main calliper ripping the torque arm right out of it's mounts was the emergency calliper coming hard up against the disk...the calliper, not the pads.

Right, I am 100% correct when I've been saying that a torque arm is how to get the suspension to do it's thing when braking. I don't wanna hear any of you nay sayers refuting that. Now however, I don't give a fuck! I need brakes I can trust to stay where the fuck we put them. So I bored a 25mm hole through the front swinging arm, and welded a bit of bar (yeah yeah, hehehehe) with a 10mm hole through it in there. A high tensile bolt then goes through that and straight into the calliper mounting hole. It's gonna bind up the suspension under brakes, but it's never gonna fucken move!

Worked for Scrivy for decades, and I'm better than that old cunt anyway.

So you're up to speed on the new work/upgrades. I'll post some pics on Sunday when I get back into the shed and continue the work.

Bike
    BSA A10
    New system is a tad different to anything we've seen. The rear rotor is going to be on the left of the wheel, outside the swinging arm on a spline. Then we're making the right hand side of the swinging arm removable and should be able to change the rear wheel in under five minutes, instead of the half hour it takes now.
    Have you looked at the setup on Rick's Sidecar

Disc in inboard on the left, caliper mounted to the swingarm, sprocket split for easy changes and right hand swingarm unbolts with two cap screws at the front and the axle nut at the back then wheel unbolts from hub
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Have you looked at the setup on Rick's Sidecar

Disc in inboard on the left, caliper mounted to the swingarm, sprocket split for easy changes and right hand swingarm unbolts with two cap screws at the front and the axle nut at the back then wheel unbolts from hub
    Yeah, saw that. But I quite like the disk not jammed on the inside. This way we can change sprockets only slightly slower than a wheel change.

Bike
    Had a 2007 Suzuki C50T Boulevard
    Yeah, saw that. But I quite like the disk not jammed on the inside. This way we can change sprockets only slightly slower than a wheel change.
    A real Captain Cook's hammer by the time you've finished, mate! Just wish I could do a bit more to help.
    You don't get to be an old dog without learning a few tricks.
    Shorai Powersports batteries are very trick!

Thread Information