Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Waikato scooter rides?

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    OK, bit of a thread dredge...

Quote Originally Posted by awa355 View Post
    Off subject, how does this tri 125 Yamaha scooter get to be able to ride with just a car licence? Several dealers have this model on trade me, all giving the same spiel.
    The Yamaha Tricity was reviewed by Jacqui Madelin in today's NZ Herald's motoring section, but can't access an electronic version... but did locate this one from Stuff from early February. NZTA has decided they can be registered as a car and not a motorcycle, so they have to have two car licence plates - one front and one rear...

My tuppence on this is - if it leans it's a motorcycle, if it has a fixed axle, either front as CanAm Spyder or rear as traditional trike, it's a car...

Here's the Jacqui Madelin piece

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    It might be something to look at when I retire. Car rego is going to be far cheaper, and the stability could be a factor.
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by awa355 View Post
    It might be something to look at when I retire ... stability could be a factor.
    May I suggest a mobility scooter...

I like the little Honda Grom

Bike
    none at the moment
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    May I suggest a mobility scooter...

I like the little Honda Grom
    He said Stability not Senility

Bike
    Yamaha YW100 2008

HI i need help choosing my tyres

hi i got myself a bws100! awesome hey
    I was wondering what tyres you would recommend, im either opting for Michellin or Pirelli, the michellin are the stock more off road suited tyres and pirelli more road, what would you recommend?

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HenrytheHen View Post
    hi i got myself a bws100! awesome hey
    I was wondering what tyres you would recommend, im either opting for Michellin or Pirelli, the michellin are the stock more off road suited tyres and pirelli more road, what would you recommend?
    The BW 100 is primarily a road scooter with off road styling. Every time I went to change the rear tyre, I found that my existing tyre brand was not available. I don't think I ever tried the michellins as they were always advertised but never in stock. The Pirelli's were good, both the ceat and the SL26's. I think I got 13,000k out of the ceat on the front. Both tyres griped well in the wet. If you read the whole thread you will see what the beewee can do. I saw a lot of country that I would never bothered to visit on a big bike. 450k was my longest single ride (I think). Also ran a SL60. All were good tyres.

Do not use semi synthetic 2t oil. the pump doesn't like it. I used Castrol mineral oil. Changed the original plug at 14,000k. It was still good. I ran slime in the tyres, don't know if it was effective as I never had a puncture.

Bike
    Yamaha YW100 2008

Talking tyres

ok awesome thanks for that,
    I think ill go for some sl60;s (front and back) or even sl26's would they be fine?.
    do you fit the tyres your self or get the shop to do it?
    Thanks

Bike
    Yamaha YW100 2008

Cool bws100!

Hi, so i got two new tires on my bw100!, on the front a Michelin bopper and on the rear a Michelin reggae, Also got wof yesterday, flew through no problems. Just wondering what petrol do you put in? 91 or premium unleaded? haha.
    Also the guys at Yamaha dealer insisted i only top it up with Yamaha oil (yamalube) so i bought a bottle of that and topped it up!.
    Scooter ran awesome clocking 95 km/h tops.
    Im looking foward to doing some long road trips!

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HenrytheHen View Post
    Hi, so i got two new tires on my bw100!, on the front a Michelin bopper and on the rear a Michelin reggae, Also got wof yesterday, flew through no problems. Just wondering what petrol do you put in? 91 or premium unleaded? haha.
    Also the guys at Yamaha dealer insisted i only top it up with Yamaha oil (yamalube) so i bought a bottle of that and topped it up!.
    Scooter ran awesome clocking 95 km/h tops.
    Im looking foward to doing some long road trips!
    The guys at the Yamaha dealer are talking crap. Of course they will push any product they are selling. Any recognized brand will suffice. I used Castrol GTX mineral 2t for 22,000k (22 months) and never had a single issue. The oil pumps on these do not like semi synthetic oils. In fact I only replaced the spark plug at 14,000k on impulse, not because it was fouling or breaking down.
    95kph (95 indicated, 86kph true) is about top speed, 80-85kph is a good steady cruising speed. Scooters tend to have the most optimistic speedo's of any vehicle. The reggae is one of the fastest wearing tyres for this scooter, and not particularly grippy in the wet.

Bike
    Yamaha YW100 2008

How often do you top up oil?

Hi, since i topped up the oil to the top. with the yamalube oil, the scooter has seemed to burn through all of it. I then purchased Castrol 2T oil (for motorcycles) and it took the whole 1 liter?
    Does this sound about right to you?

Bike
    Yamaha YW100 2008

So my question is

So my question is how often do you top up the oil?

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    The oil tank is in two parts. There is a small tank at the filler, which runs into a larger reservoir. When the oil level light comes on, you can still get another four full petrol tank fill up's without any fears of running out of engine oil. And it will swallow up a litre easy if the light has come on. The oil tank capacity is 1.4L. and from memory, the light comes on at about the 1L level. If you pour the oil in too fast, it will build in in the narrow neck between the two sections of the oil tank and give the appearance of being full. You need to pour the oil in slowly.

I have a user manual and probably a workshop and parts manual stored on an external hard drive. The Zouma scooter website forum has links to a lot of online manuals. Most of the references to the BeeWee scooter refers to the 50cc 4t model as the 2t did not appear on the American market.

If you read back through my reports, I think I make mention of how far between oil top ups I was getting. Most of my riding was on the country roads, very little stop-start riding in urban areas. That would make a difference.

Thread Information