Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wellington employment consultant?

Bike
    So old you won't care

Wellington employment consultant?

No not for me but for Miss Vicki...

Anyone used a good employment consultant? There is the distinct posibility of some up coming unpleasantness of the personal grievance nature. Need be wellington or kapiti based...

Please - I can use a phone book - personal recommendations only...

Hopefully a smooooth redundancy will ensue but.... arses gotta be arses....

Bike
    2014 DL1000 V-Strom L4, KTM 400 EXC
    Blog Entries
    I'm using Ranstad or Kinetic to get my staff both are not too bad from an employers perspective.
    What sort of work is she after Paul?

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by rustic101 View Post
    I'm using Ranstad or Kinetic to get my staff both are not too bad from an employers perspective.
    What sort of work is she after Paul?
    Well none at the moment ;-) But its more a case of making sure her rights are protected n what could get a bit messy...

Bike
    2014 DL1000 V-Strom L4, KTM 400 EXC
    Blog Entries
    Bugger got that wrong sorry. Mistook Consultant to mean she was looking for work rather than needing a lawyer type role...

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin
    I don't have any ideas on assistance sorry Paul, but I can say that it seems to be happening more and more these days.
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    EX500s - Ruby
    Fingers crossed and positive thoughts sent you way.
    I can't help in any other way, unfortunately.
    Good luck to Miss Vicki
    Diarrhoea is hereditary - it runs in your jeans

If my nose was running money, I'd blow it all on you...

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Thanks folks... Its all a bit silly really but even corporates seem to insist on doing silly things they have no right to do sometimes and need to stand up for your self... I get a bit antsy when its my loverly wife so we might need a cooler head a steady aim.... Nuts really - I can't see it becoming dramatic but we want to be ready to go.

Bike
    Kate
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Thanks folks... Its all a bit silly really but even corporates seem to insist on doing silly things they have no right to do sometimes and need to stand up for your self... I get a bit antsy when its my loverly wife so we might need a cooler head a steady aim.... Nuts really - I can't see it becoming dramatic but we want to be ready to go.
    Corporates are past masters at doing silly things when it comes to lay offs, small employers make mistakes but corporates have whole departments dedicated to screw their resources of the human kind over and then defending there actions.

I wish Vicki the best. Sorry can't put you on to a employments relations lawyer in Wellington or on the coast, Palmy I knew a couple.
    Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people. --- Unknown sage

Bike
    Victory Vegas 8 Ball
    Hi there. I tend to sit on the other side of the table but I've come across a Wellington based employment advocate called Graeme Ogilvie whose been pretty good. Just google "Graeme Ogilvie wellington" and all his details will pop up. Seemed a decent, level headed guy with a good deal of experience. Best of luck.

Bike
    (Big Red) Honda VFR800
    Hey Paul, sorry to hear about Miss Vicki’s employment woes.

Sorry I am unable to provide you with any contact names.

I could only suggest that you take a wonder to the Citizens Advise Bureau as they will have names or contact people which will meet your needs.

There is an online employment lawyer which may give you a start or head you in the right direction.

Regards

Paul
    I confess to know everything there is to know about absolutely nothing at all!!!
    “A bad tradesman blames his tools. A stupid one blames himself!!!!!!!!”

Bike
    suzuki
    No not for me but for Miss Vicki...

Anyone used a good employment consultant? There is the distinct posibility of some up coming unpleasantness of the personal grievance nature. Need be wellington or kapiti based...

Please - I can use a phone book - personal recommendations only...

Hopefully a smooooth redundancy will ensue but.... arses gotta be arses....
    try the american way
    http://yellow.co.nz/wellington-region/guns-gunsmiths

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    Thanks but if I was going that way the bare hands approach would be vastly more satisfying ;-)

Bike
    1998 CBR 900RR
    I am on the employer side of the table but have you considered contacting a union?
    Have had a few dealings with unions regarding proceedural unfairness in dismisal (Not my doing by the way) and despite how much I hate the "give me more" attitude of some negotiators they do know thier stuff when it comes to personal greivances.
    Unions seem more than happy to take on a new member at the drop of a hat. Not sure if they need to be represented on the site already though or have more than one member. Might be worth a call?

Bike
    2011 Suziki V strom 650
    Blog Entries
    Big corporates laying off people in the next few weeks. Wonder who that could be?

If you don't get any names soon I can contact my friend to find hisemployment lawyer's name. He's going through a protracted case with an ex employer and the guy seems good, though my mate doesn't half moan about the cost.
    Legalise anarchy

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by bluninja View Post
    Big corporates laying off people in the next few weeks. Wonder who that could be? .
    No its not who you think LOL This is just a small issue in the wider world and its a tiny amount of money in the big picture. Hey I think she should resign and fuck the $$. Her annual leave she is owed will likely be more than any redundancy.

BUT Vickster has a funny old school, almost biblical sense of justice... and to be fair she has her dander up over a pretty significant injustice and these guys are being arses....

Thread Information