Page 48 of 77 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Adventure pushies

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Cant go past the Shimano SPD's, scored some lightweight ones on special before the Slash arrived, they've taken some beauty rock strikes and holding up just as good as the heavier ones.
    Like the look of those eggbeaters but know they wont take the hits they'll get for too long....
    My main concern is the massive horsepower I'm putting through the little eggy axle's on the single speed.

I've never had any issues with them so far and I really like the level of float they've got.

Both sets of eggs and candies have straight axles and it's the mallets that are showing the effects of the previous owners landing jumps to flat.

The XTR's will be a cheap(ish) experiment in the larger axle, heavy pedal world.

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    First ride on the Unit...

Purakanui track.

Was getting more and more difficult to ride...

I do like the bike though

Bike
    Honda FT500, Yamaha WR250R
    Sweet place - there are a few of my family cribs there. Will have to take my bike next time I'm down.

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Ah, was a piece of piss to ride compared with today's, "nah, there's a track around the point about half way up."

No there fcukin isn't, unless you've got 4wd, wool and go "baaa".

Why did I think it'd be easy to just go straight up the cliff face?
    In bike shoes, with a bike, oh and acrophobia doesn't help...

I'll never learn.

It was taking 20s to place each foot in some bits. Getting a bit too vertical for me.

Thank doG it flattened out a bit as I was starting to get the screaming shits.

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    However, the performance of the Unit was exemplary.
    My next ride on the Stumpy hard tail is going to have to be described afterward as epic and awesome or it's going on TradeMe.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Primo downhill run on Pond today, then going up Luge (real crappy long climb) chain got jammed between the plastic hoodaki and the hub. During the ten minutes it took me to pry it out I couldn't work out how it got there when it was climbing nicely under gentle load.... then I saw the broken spoke, must have flicked the chain up and over.
    Effected a re[air with cable ties and leccy tape so I could ride out, albeit a lot slower than I would have liked
    At least it didn't fail coming down Rocket (extreme), could have been an entire wheel failure there....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0N...ew?usp=sharing
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    91 R80GS
    where was this r850? I lost a spoke & haven't replaced it yet- no problems so far.

I'm down in chch & thinking about heading up Port hills for a ride. Where would be the best place to start for a good ride. May or may not do a car drop at the end so may have to return back to somewhere. Ideas?

Had a nice lil ride thru Bottle lake with the family yesterday- great easy stuff - and some good surf at Taylors.
    In life as in dance Grace glides on blistered feet

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by Padmei View Post
    where was this r850? I lost a spoke & haven't replaced it yet- no problems so far.
    Your keen... I could feel the flex riding out of the park on the smooth trails. Have seen someone elses results in the family of catastrophic rim failure from broken spokes and they were just pedalling to the shops....
    Just in our local park, was going to go to Rotovegas couple days but had other things happening here.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Padmei View Post
    I'm down in chch & thinking about heading up Port hills for a ride. Where would be the best place to start for a good ride. May or may not do a car drop at the end so may have to return back to somewhere. Ideas?

Had a nice lil ride thru Bottle lake with the family yesterday- great easy stuff - and some good surf at Taylors.
    Ride up Rapaki track, over Mt Vernon, around Bowenvale to Victoria Park and Down, about 15-16 km, good mixture of uphill, singletrack and downhill

We do Bottle lake once a week but two full laps for about 34km, McLeans Island is another one, but flatter and faster than Bottle lake
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    91 R80GS
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Ride up Rapaki track, over Mt Vernon, around Bowenvale to Victoria Park and Down, about 15-16 km, good mixture of uphill, singletrack and downhill

We do Bottle lake once a week but two full laps for about 34km, McLeans Island is another one, but flatter and faster than Bottle lake
    Cool thanks. Was lookng at that one on the net but hard to gauge. Did bottle lake with the kids again this morn. Some serious non-smiling bikers going around. Figured they must be Stravaed up
    In life as in dance Grace glides on blistered feet

Bike
    2002 KTM 640 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
    In bike shoes, with a bike, oh and acrophobia doesn't help...
    Glad you got the right 'phobia' Marked difference between Ac, and Ag....

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Quote Originally Posted by Waihou Thumper View Post
    Glad you got the right 'phobia' Marked difference between Ac, and Ag....
    Yeah, don't like farms either.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Dragged the old 26" Ex-7 Fuel out of the shed while Slash wheel was getting fixed. Hell what a nervous twitchy narrow bar death trap and EEEEwwwwwwwww juicy 3 organic brakes....
    Back on the Slash 8 650B and woohoo awesome fast rolling again and bombing the downhills.... until I thought yeah awesome the front end is some much more stable on this bike....
    Nek Minnit front end tuck on fast down hill rooty lefthander... #eatingdirt... #wirebrushshower

Really should flick the Fuel off, 2010 model, 120mm travel, Reverb dropper post (needs another service) stack of Maxxis 26" Tyres, Minion x 2, Crossmark, Swampthings x 2, Bontrager x2, others.....

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Got lost in the Richmond Hills again. Tried to do a lap of the XC race circuit. I think I went wrong somewhere down Terminus. Ended up on Lodestone again. Will! I need a guide!
    Need to gear down 2 teeth at the back to get up them thar hills...

Yeah, my 26'ers are probably going to get the chop too

Although, with my race wheels, the converted single speed 2003 DiamondBack Vectra would be pushing 9kg...
    The Kona is 12kg.
    The pork is noticeable.

Bike
    Honda FT500, Yamaha WR250R
    Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
    Got lost in the Richmond Hills again. Tried to do a lap of the XC race circuit. I think I went wrong somewhere down Terminus. Ended up on Lodestone again. Will! I need a guide!
    Need to gear down 2 teeth at the back to get up them thar hills...
    After Loadstone connection you went downhill instead of up (an ~300m climb to the cell tower), after which you should head left and down Berm Monster. Then sidle around the hill towards the East and you'll join back up with Escalator. (That's the XC cicrcuit)

http://www.strava.com/activities/234041614/

As a premium member can't you download a GPX file of the lap?

Stravalyfe...

Thread Information