Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: RG - Extensive clean

Bike
    Katana 1135, RG500, GSXR1100, KX250

New gasket for the blocked off anti dive.
    Stripped for an inspection, hell I would not buy a women know with out the, strip inspection.
    You have to make sure its right.
    One for the road...
    Kat1230 (81), GSXR1100 (86), RG500 (86)
    The 80`s - Back in the days when men looked like women, women dressed like whores and the music F@#KING ROCKED!

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Sweet work going on there Mr Duke.
    Loving the updates!!!

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Don't blindly wind the rear ride height up. Swingarm geometry is a fickle thing and can create unexpected results when altered.

Small changes at a time, keep notes of everything you do.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Don't blindly wind the rear ride height up. Swingarm geometry is a fickle thing and can create unexpected results when altered.

Small changes at a time, keep notes of everything you do.
    Fuck that, all or nothing! Death or glory!

This is my favourite bike, and favourite thread, on KB. I also like the ESE one but I dont understand what those guys are talking about. I just go for the pretty pictures and videos
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    I guess you can adjust the ride height without removing it from the bike?

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post

This is my favourite bike, and favourite thread, on KB. I also like the ESE one but I dont understand what those guys are talking about. I just go for the pretty pictures and videos
    same same! Great fun watching

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Enjoy the thread too
    You certainly do things properly and its a pleasure to watch
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    I love the reply's.... thanks

Regarding the lifting strut, I have to say that I was shocked at how much the ass lifted with a few turns. I was not expecting that.
    Yes it can be adjusted easy in the bike so that will be good.

I wish I could buy a thing this simple to lift the wife ass so simply... gravity is a bustard. Its a common theme ... old bastard and hot misses. It seems in order to achieve such a thing you need huge amounts of money. Who would have thought a hot ass would cost so much! and the older you get the more expensive that hot ass costs!

Fork oil is on order, manual says 97mm from top of fork, 15w. Rick Lance says 95mm and 20w. I guess I will do what I am told, seems to have worked for the last 20yrs being married. So why fuck up a good formula.

jobs...

Forks done... soon
    Barrels being bored... yep that is great news, so exciting that I forgot to tell the misses... just put it on the credit card and hope for the best.
    Once barrels back, paint them.
    And the bake all the painted bits, of wish there are many.
    Start to assemble motor.. yea .. cant wait.
    Rebuild gearbox with new bits
    Rebuild carbs
    Drink beer 24/7 and were good to go.

I just need to work out the piston, cylinder clearance so Franklin Engineering can do the job, there is a dude Keith that works there and with one look at the barrels said..."they are RG500"
    I was seriously impressed, I have full confidence that they will do a great job, I have had other thing done there and always a top job.
    Not sure on cost, but a rebore x 4 cylinders and chamfer of 8 ports each cylinder (FROM MEMORY) is time consuming. Wife might need a second job to pay for this and it might mean her stretching out on a pole... or selling used undies on line... $20 a pair... let me know how many you want and how used you want them!
    One for the road...
    The 80`s - Back in the days when men looked like women, women dressed like whores and the music F@#KING ROCKED!

Bike
    I just lost count
    Mate I am worried that all the expense of building the bike is cutting into your beer budget; because your posts seem a shit load more coherent than they used to be.

Best you disclose to the Mrs how much you have spent (figures from the last week should be enough, don't be stupid enough to give her the total to date) because a few solid concussions should put you right back on track.

For the record Qkkid was in my bed, not the other way round

Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    Pumba is a wise man.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumba View Post
    Mate I am worried that all the expense of building the bike is cutting into your beer budget; because your posts seem a shit load more coherent than they used to be.

Best you disclose to the Mrs how much you have spent (figures from the last week should be enough, don't be stupid enough to give her the total to date) because a few solid concussions should put you right back on track.
    Pam ba - ba - ba, I had to get suitably adjusted to launch a reply! So I have, home alone, Neil Young on 2nd screen and a beer in my hand, OH and that what's for dinner feeling... f#ck I have to make it!
    But more importantly I needed to reply to the slight, mark, dent, wound that you have inflicted to onener.
    One for the road...

Bike
    Pamba, the truth is , age. If I am awake at 3am it because I need a piss.
    One for the road...

Bike
    Yes yes yes... time to pour a beer, yep.
    Check out the picture, this little job has been on the horizon for a while. Just needed to steel the milk money and its done.

Barrels are now bored first size over size - 0.5mm To be honest they were so close to being within in spec it was not funny but bored they are. And a fantastic job done by Franklin Engineering. I was impressed the dude Keith took one look and said... RG500 barrels.

These puppies have eight ports each, so that's four cylinders bored and honed, eight ports chamfered for $661. Service and quality second to none.

That's a great hole! and not a hair to be seen!

All tapped up for a fake tan... cant get the tan spray in the hole now can we!
    Yes this is cylinder one, each piston and cylinder have been machine as a pair, getting pissed and mixing them up would not be advisable.

Remember them forks, well I could not help myself, I had to pull them apart further to see how they had been modified, and they have with extra holes for the dampening.
    Good old Rick Lance recommended 95mm / 20w oil. The original is 97mm / 15w.
    Long story short, job done and all back together.

Boxes of parts that have been painted, once the barrels have their tan coating then off to a rather large oven for baking. Then the engine rebuild will start!
    One for the road...

Bike
    Front end looking better with some finishing touches.

Tidied up the rear with a few bolts. Still got some cleaning to do!

Rear brake is next, parts off being plated, body already powder coated and seal kit on order.
    Shame one cant do such things to ones other half.... Oh yes we have been there and it never ends well.
    And yes... some washing will be done.

Yes black plating done, F/knows were that washer went for the rear brake, new one on order. There may have been heathens in my shed, stealing washers just to piss me off.
    Might have to set some traps, sister in law was not happy when she found out I was teaching her 15yr old how to make KN03 (potassium nitrate) / rockets and bombs last week in the school holidays. Cant see the issue my 10yr old knows the mixture off by heart.
    One for the road...

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    Almost on the home run!

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arronduke View Post
    Yes yes yes... time to pour a beer, yep.
    Check out the picture, this little job has been on the horizon for a while. Just needed to steel the milk money and its done.

Barrels are now bored first size over size - 0.5mm To be honest they were so close to being within in spec it was not funny but bored they are. And a fantastic job done by Franklin Engineering. I was impressed the dude Keith took one look and said... RG500 barrels.

These puppies have eight ports each, so that's four cylinders bored and honed, eight ports chamfered for $661. Service and quality second to none.

That's a great hole! and not a hair to be seen!

All tapped up for a fake tan... cant get the tan spray in the hole now can we!
    Yes this is cylinder one, each piston and cylinder have been machine as a pair, getting pissed and mixing them up would not be advisable.

Remember them forks, well I could not help myself, I had to pull them apart further to see how they had been modified, and they have with extra holes for the dampening.
    Good old Rick Lance recommended 95mm / 20w oil. The original is 97mm / 15w.
    Long story short, job done and all back together.

Boxes of parts that have been painted, once the barrels have their tan coating then off to a rather large oven for baking. Then the engine rebuild will start!
    Extra damping holes weren't created for the addition of gold valve emulators which are now not installed? Usual plan is extra holes on the damping rod to remove compression damping effect which is then covered by the emulator.

Edit: Doh, I now see the picture with the emulator....!

Thread Information