Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1050585960

Thread: What are you drinking right now?

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    just saw the latest export hoppy lager add, think I'll stick to me woolly black singlet and Lion Red

Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    the glenlivet founders reserve.
    (that would be single malt scotch for the unenlightened)

this is what they've replaced their 12y/o with. it's been slammed in online reviews as a poor substitute. but since i don't normally drink their 12y/o I can't rightly say.

...I CAN rightly say that it doesn't hold a candle to their 18y/o.

it is however a reasonably priced drinker. which is fairly high praise since i don't normally drink scotch, and am neither hoity nor toity enough to rank single malts above blends.
    Lot of blends are nicer than SM, and a hell of a lot are not (Banknote or JW Black my preferred poison of blends).

The Glenlivet 12 is much better than the replacement Founders but only my opinion (matches the critics), still got 1 and 1/2 bottles left original guess once its gone, its gone so sparingly filtering its oaky smoothness through my veins.

My opt for something similarly nice to Glenlivet 12 is The Antiquary 12- Black, or 12YO Isla Mist, both being blends. For a single malt on par try Glen Elgin 12YO.
    "If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

Anyhoo don't forget to add to calendar 19th May, 27th July, and 31 August.
    World whisky day, International whisky day, and Scotch whisky day.

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    Mac thick shake .... chocolate.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Cottage Delights "Old Farts". Brewed by Staffordshire brewery. "A Premium Dark Ruby Beer."

After a coupla months of high hopped craft beers it was a little bland. But it was way better once it warmed up. Most of them Pom beers are best not too cold I reckon. But even by English beer I thought it a little lacking.
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by granstar View Post
    My opt for something similarly nice to Glenlivet 12 is The Antiquary 12- Black, or 12YO Isla Mist, both being blends. For a single malt on par try Glen Elgin 12YO.
    I do like the Antiquary. On a side note, I took the family around my old stomping grounds last year and ended up at the Dufftown Highland Games. They had a special blend for the games from 12 local distilleries. Very nice, and a real shame I had to drive later.

Anyway, got given a bottle of 15yo Linkwood last week. Got to say I had not heard of it before. And fuck it all, on Sunday I had to start six months of no alcohol due to kicking a cat or something. Roll on Bonfire night and cracking it open.

Thread Information