Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rusty Nuts?

Bike
    06 Transalp
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KoroJ View Post
    ...so don't expect midnight fangs up goat tracks.
    please... or what about midday fangs up goat tracks, just a couple.
    Motorbike only search
    YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - CRC AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE CRC. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE

Bike
    2010 Honda ST1300
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by XP@ View Post
    You can take whatever goat tracks you want as long as you photograph the designated checkpoints!
    How a man wins shows much of his character....How he loses shows all of it!!"
    Knute Rockne

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by XP@ View Post
    He's already been there, and crossed that river... earlier this year on his ST1300.

Then ask him about picking it up after dropping etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    he's back !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by KoroJ View Post
    ..and for those that need their long ride fix later in the year, poor second cousin to a GC, the Capital 1,000 Km Cruise will be on again this year on 09 November and this year, just for the sake of the Northerners, we are looking at a potential start from Putaruru....or somewhere up that aways...maybe?? (That is in addition to starts from Wgtn, Masterton, Napier & Palmy).
    Looking forward to another C1KC
    I Used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass

Bike
    2016 Honda ST1300,86/87 XJ900F,
    Latest release on Rusty Nuts web site below

RUSTY NUTS MC has Shut Down - There will be no further events held.

I have the first 50 SCRR badges being sent out on the 20th Sept then a further lot will be produced and sent out as soon as possible. Who gets the first fifty will be drawn at random, I'm not going to play favorites.

I am disposing of all assets to make good any refunds. I will be in contact with those who have a claim. Outstanding claims from carried over events from years previous to 2012 will be last in payment line.

If you didn't go on an event, I did hold the next event open but this has stretched in some cases to year after year of not attending and expectations that this would be for ever. It has sunk the entire thing. With more persons turning up, out numbering paying attendees. I funded the shortfall,

Now due to health reasons I am pulling the pin. The events were always supposed to be fun, now they have just become a reason for some to cause unpleasantness, I will not let these few persons cause me further stress. The stress put on me by various others in the world of officialdom, the motorcycle world, with events of similar nature, culminating in threats to my job, and family are just not worth it. This has been backed up by a few who were event attendees.

If I am going to put more funds into it personally it will be to bury it once and for all. Not to prop up the body to attempt to make it live again. Those registering claim, be aware that they are being settled from my own finances, and I will do so ASAP I have disposed of my motorcycles to cover some costs, The rest I will manage in due course.

There will be an announcement here of RNMC stock for sale in due course. There are spares of badges, patches etc which will be made available.

I did enjoy the events, but no more. As with all good things, there are those who feel they have a right to what they did not create. RNMC was and will be always mine. Instead of tearing things down, you should try to do things for yourselves. Building something from the ground up is harder than ripping it down. If there are faults with RNMC I take total ownership of them, they are mine and mine alone. RNMC personal have no responsibility.

The name Rusty Nuts MC and all its abbreviations etc remain under my assertion of copyright. All logos; etc remain my intellectual property and can not be reproduced without permission. To the RNMC members I will be in touch in due cause to thank you for your years of assistance. RNMC members are in no way responsible for anything to do with this decision.

The first 23 years were fun, the next two were a trial, and the last has been a hardship. My riding days are over and it has not a good note to go out on, such is life.

Lee Rusty.

Bike
    Concours 14
    A bit sad really, the rides my wife and I went on were well organised and enjoyable.
    We knew there was something wrong on the SC earlier in the year but even then the Rustys that were there made the event go off without a hitch. Hopefully we get our badges but I wont hold my breath
    Good luck to Lee and the rest of the Rusty,s and a big Thank You for your effort in the past rides

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Sorry to read that. I was not a member, and know nothing of what happened, but the story seems strangely familiar. Too many seem keen to join something then try to change it - or sometimes set about creating a competing organisation. Valuable energy or resources are used to fight the subsequent brushfires rather than trying to meet the original goals.

Whatever, Lee has my sympathy. Not that it helps...
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    None any more
    Sad news, but good things rarely endure for ever.

RNMC runs were legend for endurance-focused riders. Brilliantly organised and run by a tight team of enthusiasts coordinated by Lee.

Grand Challenges were our gig. I started 7 and completed 6. Mrs H has done 5. We were expectantly pumped for another one this year, suffering hugely after last year's was postponed.

We also did the Mini Returns run in 2008 -- four days from Invercargill to Kaitaia, reversing the route the Mini took in Goodbye Pork Pie. Oarsome, as David Tua once remarked.

I would have loved to have kept doing GCs for as long as I was up to it. I was also keen to do a Southern Cross.

The more we had to do with these events, the more we understood exactly what happened behind the scenes to make them work. Lee should take a great deal of pride from his achievements, not only in organising icon events (and Icon events) but also for getting people to come back for more. The GC's safety record was impressive too, despite the lengths a very few went to, myself included, to damage themselves and their machines.

The Rustys and Lee were just great with all they did for Jane after my 2010 GC off, and for the welcome I got showing up again for the 2011 event.

I owe you wonderful folk a lot. May your future endeavours treat you well. Hopefully we'll catch up on the road again somewhere, sometime.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Sad news, but good things rarely endure for ever.

RNMC runs were legend for endurance-focused riders. Brilliantly organised and run by a tight team of enthusiasts coordinated by Lee
    Couldn't agree more Brett. During my 5 GC's and 1 Southern Cross, Lee and his team were never less than totally professional and unfailingly helpful. Take a bow guys, you've earned it

Bike
    2011 BMW F650GS

Thanks from me as well

Lee,

A voice from the long distant past - I started and finished 7 GC's between 1988 and 1994 inclusive; your events were a challenge but I did enjoy them. Sorry to hear that things are not flash for you but thanks for starting a concept so many years ago and running things for so long.

Mark W

Bike
    06 Transalp
    Blog Entries
    A huge thank you to Lee and the other Rusties over the years.
    I learned a lot about riding and myself from going their rides, I also met loads of really great people.

But looking forward, I am still interested in doing similar rides in the future and I think I am not alone!

If anyone is interested I have started a facebook group for the purpose of trying to set up a new ride.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/695895913771564/

And for those who don't frequent facebook or kiwibiker there is a form here: https://sites.google.com/site/nzlongdistanceriders/
    Motorbike only search
    YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - CRC AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE CRC. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Sad to hear, but guess it was on the cards after a few issues.

I'll be stuck on 4 GCs, after Zapf got me addicted in 2008 (and then he stopped doing them while I carried on ), and never managed to do a SCRR - more for the sake of having done one. In 2008 I was a fresh newbie, in awe of people's ability to look at a map for a few seconds and go "ah yep, so that's the route, OK" (which includes Hitch), through to 2010 and 2011, helping others with their route and being able to say, heh, just did that piece a couple of weeks ago...

Middle of the night, gas stations contained equally crazy people in varying degrees of appearance all taking on food and fuel, checking their numbers. Catching up and passing people in the night, towing others through long sections of the night. The GC especially was one for the more hardcore, as riding for 1600km through the night put most people off.

I really enjoyed them and the atmosphere. I also remember challenging Lee after one run, walking in and cheerfully declaring "That's all you got?" I definitely saw a glint in his eye...

Slowest run was 23.25 hours in 2008, through the hell of back roads and nasty weather. Being told in Masterton we were an hour behind and I'm thinking whaaaat??! Quickest was 2010, I had an extra fuel tank linked in which doubled my range and I finished in 17.66 hours only needing to stop about half the times as previous.

Thanks Lee for the great memories!
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    , towing others through long sections of the night.
    When I did it quite some time ago, one broken bike was supposedly hitting up to 180kmh being towed by another rider to make about the last stretch home
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    When I did it quite some time ago, one broken bike was supposedly hitting up to 180kmh being towed by another rider to make about the last stretch home
    You crazy buggers!

I meant more the virtual tow, tacking onto my rear wheel... You southerners are more crazy than us northerners

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    You crazy buggers!

I meant more the virtual tow, tacking onto my rear wheel... You southerners are more crazy than us northerners
    Nothing to do with me, couple of Northern guys, 1100 Katana towing an F1 Ducati
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Thread Information