R1200GS Adventure

Lee's promises...

... continue to be hollow, as expected.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Racing Dave View Post
    ... continue to be hollow, as expected.
    Last I saw, the club has shut down (barring any amazing eventuality), so no more promises, no more rides etc.

The guys running the NI 1600 are your best North Island crack at a 1k miler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    he's back !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    The guys running the NI 1600 are your best North Island crack at a 1k miler.
    or just go on your own 1k ride
    I Used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass

Bike
    Concours 14
    Hopefully they will do the Southern Cross as well. Love that one

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by Meanie View Post
    Hopefully they will do the Southern Cross as well. Love that one
    One thing at a time! I guess NZ Distance Riders won't be able to call their event the "Southern Cross".
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Concours 14
    Fair enough. Can't see why we couldn't call it the Southern Cross, unless rusty nuts plan to bring it to life again.

Bike
    R1200GS Adventure
    Last I saw, the club has shut down (barring any amazing eventuality), so no more promises, no more rides etc.
    Ah, but Lee did make a promise, that all those who entered last year's Southern Cross would get their badges.

A few might have, but the majority...not so much. Thus, hollow promise.

Bike
    Concours 14
    I must have been one of the lucky ones, monie and I received ours earlier in the year

Bike
    he's back !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meanie View Post
    I must have been one of the lucky ones, monie and I received ours earlier in the year
    must be who you know
    I Used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    One thing at a time! I guess NZ Distance Riders won't be able to call their event the "Southern Cross".
    what about the Southern Cross pub in Wellington, did they give rusty nuts permission to use their name in the first place?
    nest thing you won't be able to use the word Haka!!

Bike
    R1200GS Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Given that the Rusty Nuts' event (despite declaring that it did) doesn't take in any of the most northern, western, or southern rideable points in NZ, why would you want to call it that? Some small consolation is that at least it went as far east as you could ride.

In fairness, the western-most point takes a bit of an effort to get to, but is worth it.

I've always seen the humour in the Cape Reinga checkpoint being west of the Cape Egmont one, and that the bulk of the South Island is further west again, but then Lee's sense of humour has been distinctly lacking, judging by any written material I've received.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Got an email from Lee saying check out the website... long story there: http://rustynuts.org.nz/
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Sold
    Got an email from Lee saying check out the website... long story there: http://rustynuts.org.nz/
    Likewise - long distance events are going to get a bit crowded,eh? whilst I got along with Lee and his team just fine in past events, I'm presuming that his re-entry is more to do with the spat than giving the riders extra long distance events.

Bike
    2004 Honda ST1300 ABS
    The excuses for non payment/issue of outstanding items continue. So shall we just add this one to the list?

Of course there are two sides to every story. My view is that if Lee is to maintain any credibility in the motorcycling community he should immediately provide the badges and other items owed to many riders who have already paid for them before he asks for any more money from anyone for anything. Nothing that had happened to the club name should or would prevent him from doing that

I would warn anyone contemplating giving Lee any money for anything not to - until all outstanding items are taken care of.
    Regards

DougieNZ
    J'Ville
    Wellington

Bike
    None any more
    Surely Lee is aware of the NZ Distance Riders and their successful foray into the 1,600km-in-24-hours space? Their event for 2015 is confirmed for 10-11 October, pricing arrangements set and registration website live at www.distanceriders.org.nz.

One week later we're now supposed to believe that the "Rusty Nuts", or whatever Lee intends to trade as, will be doing something similar?

A similar story seems to exist for the Southern Cross Rally, with a credible alternative now in place.

The community of riders prepared to commit to such events is small. It's also sceptical and scarred by recent experiences with the Rustys. That reputational taint makes it hard for more credible event organisers to gain support for their events.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Thread Information