Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyperbike ownership

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    They don't even notice the bike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	060.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	729.2 KB 
ID:	285555  
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
    Mate thats awesome. Have you taken it to 300 with that thing on the back lol

Bike
    I have had a couple of conversations with litre bike owners who seemed to perceive a Hayabusa as a "step up" in the same way a GBZSXR1000 is a step up from a CGSXZR600. Which is exactly how the manufacturers like to position them, along with whoever came up with the prefix "hyper" to go above "super", but that's not the reality of the situation.

Common features shared among "Hyperbikes" are a totally linear power delivery, comfortable seat, adequate pillion accommodation, relatively upright riding position and a medium weight - more than anything you'll see on a track, less than a Harley. Plus fuckloads of power of course but that's really the only difference between a 'Busa or ZX14 and a VFR800.

All of which is what makes them such great road bikes; comfy all-rounders with enough power that you never run out.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Yep, all of the hyperbikes are slower than their manufacturers thou.

It's not that the extra CCs can't make more power than the thou, but it's not the point of the bike.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    That's weird - most people I hear talking about Busas are saying 'fark that's a fugly looking bike.....'

Bawahahahahahahahah

After the turbo are you going to extend the swingarm and get one of those 240 rears........

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    That's weird - most people I hear talking about Busas are saying 'fark that's a fugly looking bike.....'

Bawahahahahahahahah

After the turbo are you going to extend the swingarm and get one of those 240 rears........
    360 rears are the go I heard. Haha

Sent from my MB526 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Bike
    All of them
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Stroudy overtook me when I was riding a Busa around Hampton downs. He was on a Mackintosh Norton 500.

Bike
    Multi choice.

It's not that the extra CCs can't make more power than the thou, but it's not the point of the bike.
    Yep, the Busa is fast, but you dont see them in world supers for a reason, I have both, not hard to figure out which one is the race bike and which is the road bike. The Busa is docile as if you want a shopping trolley, will commute even in heavy traffic without fuss, will tear off long distance fast and in comfort, two up, the pillion gets a comfortable seat and no real wind blast, and it will play like a sport bike in the twisties if you want. The thou is a bit more focused.

The "uglyness" of a Busa is subjective and if you have one, it grows on you and it kinda makes a statement to the observer, like a Mack truck, a pump action shotgun or a Rottweiller does
    Speed kills-just ask the rabbit......

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by 300weatherby View Post
    Yep, the Busa is fast, but you dont see them in world supers for a reason, I have both, not hard to figure out which one is the race bike and which is the road bike. The Busa is docile as if you want a shopping trolley, will commute even in heavy traffic without fuss, will tear off long distance fast and in comfort, two up, the pillion gets a comfortable seat and no real wind blast, and it will play like a sport bike in the twisties if you want. The thou is a bit more focused.

The "uglyness" of a Busa is subjective and if you have one, it grows on you and it kinda makes a statement to the observer, like a Mack truck, a pump action shotgun or a Rottweiller does
    I would rather a ZX14 myself.

In orange.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    Suzuki S50
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    I would rather a ZX14 myself.

In orange.
    Jafa orange?

Bike
    2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
    Yep, all of the hyperbikes are slower than their manufacturers thou
    Thats a sweeping statement, but I aint going to start this arguement.
    Mate couldn't have put it any better. Hit the nail on the head right there.
    Stroudy overtook me when I was riding a Busa around Hampton downs. He was on a Mackintosh Norton 500
    Saw that bike at the speed show. Very impressive.

Bawahahahahahahahah

Kill Yourself...

Bike
    Various things

Fucking bullshit. A Hayabusa will suck the headlight out of a GSXR1000 on the way past it.

Quote Originally Posted by 300weatherby View Post
    Yep, the Busa is fast, but you dont see them in world supers for a reason,:
    Yeah. Because they're road bikes not race bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reibz View Post
    Thats a sweeping statement, but I aint going to start this arguement.

I sure as fuck am. I'll see Drew on a GSXR1000 anytime at a drag strip or straight quiet country road anytime on a GSX1300R. Dead meat.

Bike
    '14 Multistrada 1200S
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    I sure as fuck am. I'll see Drew on a GSXR1000 anytime at a drag strip or straight quiet country road anytime on a GSX1300R. Dead meat.
    I'd be interested to see how the bird would fare

injected model, PCIII and race headers - I've certainly never found then end of the fucker on the road!

edit: this is a good spot...err...i think
    F M S

Bike
    2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
    I sure as fuck am. I'll see Drew on a GSXR1000 anytime at a drag strip or straight quiet country road anytime on a GSX1300R. Dead meat
    Well some cunt had to say it.
    When we are talking top speeds we are talking LSR, not MOTOGP type shit. A stock geared busa would destroy a 1000cc over a rolling mile. No arguement about it.
    And before cunts start going on about hitting 300kph on their 1000cc's, back it up with a image of a GPS showing actual speed, not just that indicated shit.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Good to see my comments were take as 'tongue in cheek' well, maybe not the kill yourself one! Suzuki owners eh .........

I do wonder if the next gen model (will there be one?) will throw away the old styling and slim that bitch down a bit (I keep hearing that I like big butts song ......). I was going to say make em naked but they kind of did with the B-King - and that was a entire styling exercise in it's own right!

GSXR vs Bussa ...... on the road ........ interesting.

Mental owning one? Nah mate - are the people who by HSV's or turbo XR6's mental?

Thread Information