I will just leave this here...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0092[2].jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	794.1 KB 
ID:	295404

Bike
    2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
    90% of parts are now here. Just need a wastegate, wideband controler, afr/boost gauge and the Link g4 and its ready to go in the bike.

Build thread coming soon...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	turb1.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	111.6 KB 
ID:	296050Click image for larger version. 

Name:	turb2.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	124.3 KB 
ID:	296051Click image for larger version. 

Name:	turb3.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	116.7 KB 
ID:	296052Click image for larger version. 

Name:	turb4.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	114.0 KB 
ID:	296053

Bike
    2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
    Someone please hurry up and buy this... 12.5k price drop since it was first listed

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-701239202.htm

Bike
    Bikes!
    It's cheap enough for sure, but WTF would I do with it?

It's a bit like having your own ICBM... lovely piece of high performance kit, but if you ever let it off the leash you're likely to end up fucked

Bike
    2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
    I would buy it for this price if I didn't just spend a shit ton of money on my own turbo project.

As far as why you should own it. JBW explains it perfectly from about 1:35 onwards

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reibz View Post
    Someone please hurry up and buy this... 12.5k price drop since it was first listed

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-701239202.htm
    Fuck. That's tempting.

On the one hand; I already have more power than I ever use for more than a handful of seconds at a time a handful of times per proper ride. The $6-7k it'd cost to upgrade could buy an awful lot of liquor/hookers/GN125s/Mudbugs/combination of the preceding which would undoubtedly be of more practical use than 400hp.

On the other hand: 400hp.

13.5k. That's gotta be crazy good value right? What're you spending on your turbo build? For what kinda hp?

Bike
    2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender EnZed View Post
    13.5k. That's gotta be crazy good value right? What're you spending on your turbo build? For what kinda hp?
    Spent about 8k so far, need about another 4 to finish everything off. I'm only looking at 260 - 320hp max for the first tune, ride it around like that for a while then pull trigger on a intercooler setup.
    Im building the majority of parts myself and calling in favours from friends so am saving alot of cash in that area. I would say 25k+ has gone into that bike when you take everything into account. Guys in the states typically pay up to 40k for a ultra build that can handle 600hp+

Remember that 400hp is only at the top of the rev range at whatever boost hes got gated/controlled. For the most part the lower rev range will be reserved and gentle(ish) like your standard busa. So the bike remains streetable.

I would like to go check this bike out and ask the guy a few questions but wellington is a bit far out of the way

Bike
    Not many... If any...
    Ok. So over the years I have had quite a few road bikes. Most powerful of these being an 06 GSXR1000. Currently have a vfr800 as a road going bike which I originally purchased as I figured this would give me a kind of "Jack of all trades" ride. I have had this bike going on three years and it has served me well. I always wondered what was the point of these large capacity sports bikes aka Hyperbikes. Always kinda figured its just pure wank factor and wrote it off as having a 1000 previously, I never envisaged wanting anything with even more hp... So a mate has bought an 08 Hayabusa. We went out today for a ride through the Lindis to Tarris and back again. So I took this lil ol girl for a leg of the trip and fuck me! What a bloody ball. That kinda power and torque is totally addictive. Its the first time in many years I truly have had a ride with fits of laughter going on inside the Arai.

So apologies for being a totally narrow minded judgemental asshole. For now I get it. And want it. Think I'll get one. Soon..... But probably a ZX14... Busa looks don't do it for me.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Bump - I've joined the Club

however I am after opinions on some bar risers for a 2008 'Busa (since I commute on my bike) and for those wondering - yes I have taken it Lane splitting, and can fit through all the gaps my 650 could
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post

however I am after opinions on some bar risers for a 2008 'Busa (since I commute on my bike) and for those wondering - yes I have taken it Lane splitting, and can fit through all the gaps my 650 could
    PM Mulletman on this site. He has a full bar conversion on his Busa. Comfort and control plus!

Bike
    '06 vfr 800 81 GS550 postie
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    Ok. So over the years I have had quite a few road bikes. Most powerful of these being an 06 GSXR1000. Currently have a vfr800 as a road going bike which I originally purchased as I figured this would give me a kind of "Jack of all trades" ride. I have had this bike going on three years and it has served me well. I always wondered what was the point of these large capacity sports bikes aka Hyperbikes. Always kinda figured its just pure wank factor and wrote it off as having a 1000 previously, I never envisaged wanting anything with even more hp... So a mate has bought an 08 Hayabusa. We went out today for a ride through the Lindis to Tarris and back again. So I took this lil ol girl for a leg of the trip and fuck me! What a bloody ball. That kinda power and torque is totally addictive. Its the first time in many years I truly have had a ride with fits of laughter going on inside the Arai.

So apologies for being a totally narrow minded judgemental asshole. For now I get it. And want it. Think I'll get one. Soon..... But probably a ZX14... Busa looks don't do it for me.
    .....Multi.... strada....
    lucky bastard

Bike
    ZX14R, E=mc2

I have a Soupys bar riser on my Gen2, easy to fit and makes a big difference. Good value too.

Bike
    A

Yeah of course lane splitting still works, with caution.

Heli bars is one answer to more comfort, minor visual change, but feels quite significant when aboard. Bonus is the near stock look.

Bike
    he's back !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    Ok. So apologies for being a totally narrow minded judgemental asshole. For now I get it. And want it. Think I'll get one. Soon..... But probably a ZX14... Busa looks don't do it for me.
    the thing I LOVE about my ZX14 when touring is I can sit in 6th gear cruising along @105-110km with 3500rpm on the clock & I can feel the power just sitting there if required a slight twist of the wrist or pressure on the cramp buster & you can feel the power/torque coming on strongly through to 4000rpm after that things just go certainly like riding it...........
    I Used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass

Bike
    '03 FXD
    I been wondering does my bike deserve the hyperbike handle?
    It's a honda X11.(Pic attached)
    Weighs 250kg,top speed 260+,power wheelies first and second and a more than capable mile eater.
    Opinions?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	X11 Touring.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	107.7 KB 
ID:	311667  
    Never too old to Rock n Roll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I've got miserly tourettes and I don't give a fuck.

Thread Information