Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyperbike ownership

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by yod View Post
    I'd be interested to see how the bird would fare

:
    Obviously a GSXR1000 is a seriously fast motorcycle. Fuck, all of the thous are. But a Hayabusa is 1340cc. Makes it even more impressive that the BMW S1000RR makes the same HP as the Busa. But a GSXR1000? Bye bye.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reibz View Post
    Well some cunt had to say it.
    When we are talking top speeds we are talking LSR, not MOTOGP type shit. A stock geared busa would destroy a 1000cc over a rolling mile. No arguement about it.

Yeah I don't give a flying fuck about top speeds. But a Busa GenII is still trying to flatten your eyeballs in 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    I do wonder if the next gen model (will there be one?) will throw away the old styling and slim that bitch down a bit (I keep hearing that I like big butts song ......). GSXR vs Bussa ...... on the road ........ interesting.
    ?
    I'd like to see the GenIII to still be unmistakenly a Busa...but for sure it needs a bit of a diet. Although having said that...in the big winds we get here...the weight ain't always a bad thing. You've only gotta put some nice Yoshi slip ons on it to save nearly 30kg's anyway.

Bike
    '14 Multistrada 1200S
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    I'd like to see the GenIII to still be unmistakenly a Busa...but for sure it needs a bit of a diet. Although having said that...in the big winds we get here...the weight ain't always a bad thing. You've only gotta put some nice Yoshi slip ons on it to save nearly 30kg's anyway.
    Whoever put the micron setup on mine saved a fortune of weight - the factory set (cans and headers) came with the bike and they weighed a fucking ton!

The Busa is basically off my shopping list (ha! that's WINDOW shopping list) because the arse looks like it's starting to melt - if they changed the styling I might be interested, but then, it wouldn't be a Busa

Anyone tried a K1300S? They're supposed to be fairly rapid...
    F M S

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by yod View Post
    Anyone tried a K1300S? They're supposed to be fairly rapid...
    To ride one of those...you have to have exactly the same riding gear as your wife/boyfriend.

Bike
    00 Gixxer 750 and ZX10 tricycle
    Brian Bernard used to race one back then... I probably would have bought one if he won races on it.... Still he gave it a bloody good crack and used to be very entertaining
    Built for speed, not for comfort

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Kornholio View Post
    Brian Bernard used to race one back then... I probably would have bought one if he won races on it.... Still he gave it a bloody good crack and used to be very entertaining
    Yeah on a gen I they did very well at Bathhurst with Johnny Hepburn, can't remember if BB was there then too. A GSXR1000 will wheel stand off a wee crest at 250kph on full throttle because it's powerfull and light. A GSX1300R will do it because it's heavy and packed with fuck you cunt HP and torque.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Fucking bullshit. A Hayabusa will suck the headlight out of a GSXR1000 on the way past it.
    I think Drew wasn't talking about all out top speed. I got the impression more of a lap around a circuit or down a winding road. As you say though, two different bikes anyway.

The K13S is plenty quick (boss has one, mate has a K12S, another has a K13R). Blackbird on steriods with turbine like power. I've had one speeding ticket in my life, on a Blackbird, and I didn't think I was speeding until I saw the speedo. I don't like bikes that make effortless speed like that, sportsbikes give you a much better impression of speed... so I haven't been game to give a K13S a go
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    I think Drew wasn't talking about all out top speed. I got the impression more of a lap around a circuit or down a winding road. As you say though, two different bikes anyway.

:
    Nah. I think Drew couldn't be that simple.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Fucking bullshit. A Hayabusa will suck the headlight out of a GSXR1000 on the way past it.

Yeah. Because they're road bikes not race bikes.

I sure as fuck am. I'll see Drew on a GSXR1000 anytime at a drag strip or straight quiet country road anytime on a GSX1300R. Dead meat.
    I'm intrigued. Is the GSX-R1000 not the faster accelerating bike, with a higher top speed off the shop floor?

Nah. I think Drew couldn't be that simple.
    Never underestimate my simplicity.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolz View Post
    Jafa orange?
    This orange, http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=620065751
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I'm intrigued. Is the GSX-R1000 not the faster accelerating bike, with a higher top speed off the shop floor?

Never underestimate my simplicity.
    Top speed on bus will be the limiter. 2013 bus is an extra 10-15 hp on last years also. Bus has stayed performance wise the same for a long time while 1k bikes get small changes often to encourage people up grading. Acceleration on bus with limiters removed will be a bit quicker and top speed a fraction higher. Ability to role on accelerate will be better on the bus.

I have the limiters removed on the 14. With the ecu reflash its ment to do 9s and top speed at 330 odd with 230hp at crank including ram duct. Claims don't meen a lot though so will see at the next flying quarters. 300-310 would be a good result for me. I don't think at my size and weight I could get a zx10 to do that.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
    Mental owning one? Nah mate - are the people who by HSV's or turbo XR6's mental?
    I own one of these as well, must be completely fucked in the head. Sorry about the "Kill Yourself" comment too lol

GenIII will have a factory turbo similar to a RCC Stage 1 or it will be extended out to 1400cc plus. There is a kit from APE which lets you bore/stroker it out to 1507cc, you just need 2 batteries to crank the motor. You would make better power with stock compression and a Turbo anyway. To argue teh whole 240/360 tyre kit idea, does it ever occur to people that this is what the owner actually wants their bike to look like? Yeah it looks gay and has no functionality but so do lowrider cars, soccor mums in lifted trucks, and rich cunts in supercars they cant drive. But some cunts gotta have respect for doing something a little different and outside the norm. Even if they are squids/posers/gays/niggaz/whitetrash/homos ect...

Heres the extended swingarm concept as explained by Ryan Schnitz. They hold greater functionality than some of you might realise.
    Leverage pertains to the wheelbase and center of gravity of the motorcycle. The longer the swingarm and lower the bike, the more leverage the bike has to put more torque to the tire and keep the front wheel grounded. Anyone who has tried to launch hard with a stock height or stock wheelbase bike knows this. You can�t launch hard without the front wheel coming up. You need more leverage
    http://store.schnitzracing.com/choos...ight-sprocket/

Bike
    2006 Suzuki Hayabusa

Yep its a RCC Turbo bike but the GSXR1000 is also a stage 2. Guess that make it sort of even... Or maybe not

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post

Not talking about top speed mate. They're all limited to 300kph anyway. I'm talking about sheer butt clenching acceleration. My cheekometer tells me a Busa will smoke a GSXR1000. You ridden a gen II Busa in anger?

Bike
    I do wonder if the next gen model (will there be one?) will throw away the old styling and slim that bitch down a bit (I keep hearing that I like big butts song ......).
    It'd be a shame if they did. It's the only faired Japanese bike that doesn't look almost exactly the same as every other faired Japanese bike.

Bike
    All of them
    Personally what I find frustrating about the hyperbikes is that they aren't very good for tall guys - and there are plenty of us.

You'd think 'big bike - bit of room' - but peg to seat height is the same as a supersports.

Thread Information