Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyperbike ownership

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushu View Post
    I followed a gen1 busa to Akaroa a few weeks ago on my DR, after a lot of big talk earlier he couldn't get away from me in the twisties even with his ability to pull away on any straight, and I was on knobblies (which he felt the need to remind me of when we stopped).

Is kind of horses for courses, probably far better than a litrebike for touring but as soon as you introduce corners onto the equation the litrebike is likely to be faster. My supersport is fast enough for me, top speed 271 (indicated, probably more like 250 in reality) and quarter mile in the 11 second bracket.
    I like power and comfort and need the passenger seat to be usable. ZX14 does what I require. Idd do a 1L if I was single. Saying that I think mines a better bike to ride until the ride turns into a twisty race.

Everyone gets the best bike that suits them and their budget.
    Idd own a couple of bikes if I could afford the road costs.
    Im thinking now that my wife wont passenger in the winter I could rego hold the 14 and get a motard for the colder months then swap in summer.
    Just need find the buy in price of a motard now. Ill add a trials bike into the wish list also. Maybe a quad also. Two stroke 250 would be fun as well. I just worked out I need to earn a lot more.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    The latest stuff leaves the owner wanting an older bike to tinker with.

The reason busa doesn't do well in flying quarters in the local events is the limiters haven't been removed.

Hard to say a busa got beat in the flying when the 2013 model has a 286kph limiter. So the bikes are going to run 280-295 depending on tyre tread depth, profile and pressure.
    Costs less than $150 to remove the limiter on any busa with a xTRE/aTRE chip. Basically the only top speed restricted gear is 6th gear, other gears also have timing restrictions. 5th gear is completely unrestricted as far as timing goes. So the chip tricks the ECU into thinking its in 5th gear all the time (5-N-5-5-5-5-5) meaning no timing retarding is applied in any gear and the speed limiter is removed. You also get a dope looking gear indicator if you want. Took me 20 mins to install mine and didnt have to touch the ECU. Got a PCV for the EFI tuning and a 3bar Map sensor plug in for when the turbo goes in.

Bike
    00 Gixxer 750 and ZX10 tricycle
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reibz View Post
    Costs less than $150 to remove the limiter on any busa with a xTRE/aTRE chip. Basically the only top speed restricted gear is 6th gear, other gears also have timing restrictions. 5th gear is completely unrestricted as far as timing goes. So the chip tricks the ECU into thinking its in 5th gear all the time (5-N-5-5-5-5-5) meaning no timing retarding is applied in any gear and the speed limiter is removed. You also get a dope looking gear indicator if you want. Took me 20 mins to install mine and didnt have to touch the ECU. Got a PCV for the EFI tuning and a 3bar Map sensor plug in for when the turbo goes in.
    May your rear tyre rest in pieces....
    Built for speed, not for comfort

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    They also state tre will only disable speed limiter 2001 until 2008 models. Later model busas restrict speed differently.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Well heres a Busa getting owned. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZhlVSn5nnw

By a 900 Hornet. Bwhahahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    They also state tre will only disable speed limiter 2001 until 2008 models. Later model busas restrict speed differently.
    Good thing I got a GenI then ay mate. Pretty keen to see how fast she will go

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Good thing I got a GenI then ay mate. Pretty keen to see how fast she will go
    Yeah the earlier models have less trouble tricking ecu.
    Traction control model bikes with anti wheelie etc is the reflash era.

Bike
    Multi choice.
    I followed a gen1 busa to Akaroa a few weeks ago on my DR, after a lot of big talk earlier he couldn't get away from me in the twisties even with his ability to pull away on any straight, and I was on knobblies (which he felt the need to remind me of when we stopped).

Is kind of horses for courses, probably far better than a litrebike for touring but as soon as you introduce corners onto the equation the litrebike is likely to be faster. My supersport is fast enough for me, top speed 271 (indicated, probably more like 250 in reality) and quarter mile in the 11 second bracket.
    Don't be too quick to reach for your VC, it was the rider, not the bike - maybe he just didn't understand (or want to) how to get the best from that platform.

The Busa is actually quite capable in the twisties, given it it not made to compete with sport or motardish type bikes, if you understand it (the Busa) is actually fun in that evironment.

Consider your.... "opponent" : The bike is around 250kg fluids and fuel, likely on sport touring tyres with the wrong pressures, no suspension setup, possibly a lack of relevant skills for the competition he found himself in. Without factoring in stuff like road conditions, traffic density, common sense grip on staying alive and not overstepping the mark, it is difficult to say accurately that your motardish machine is "better in the twisties" unless there is a way to qualify (grade) the skill sets of both pilots.

The argument that one bike is faster/better than the other is flawed unless both riders have the same skill and experience levels on both platforms, and then swap to retest.

I can, if it suited me to, get my Gen 1 Busa around Ruapuna faster than the typical Akaroa GP warrior on his R1/GSXR/ZXR ect, but in the real world? No. Smart people let them go and race themselves off a corner somewhere. Smart people save it for the track. If he had binned it with you up his exhaust, my money is on target fixation and two bikes down.

FTR: I ride a Gen1 Busa in the real world and race a 675D and a GSXR1000 and I think the Busa is capable everywhere.
    Speed kills-just ask the rabbit......

Bike
    TF125
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Well heres a Busa getting owned. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZhlVSn5nnw

By a 900 Hornet. Bwhahahahaha
    If you look closely you'll see there wasn't even a Hayabusa in the video, unless one went past in the opposite direction. My dog can ride better than the cock piloting the camera.

Bike
    2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
    Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    If you look closely you'll see there wasn't even a Hayabusa in the video, unless one went past in the opposite direction.
    Are you sure mate? Looks like the exact handle bar and dash configuration I walk out to each morning.

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Are you sure mate? Looks like the exact handle bar and dash configuration I walk out to each morning.
    Is that you racing the Hornet, cunt?
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
    Quote Originally Posted by unstuck View Post
    Is that you racing the Hornet, cunt?
    Nah cunt, ain't seen many hornets around my neck of the woods. Spokes is brining me his one for a bit of TIG work soon though (still haven't received anything down the emails from you bro). I don't know what it is about 1080p cameras but my camera masks 140 - 160 look slow was fark compared to that video. Bloody GoPro.

http://store.schnitzracing.com/myrtl...gsxr600-01-03/
    Looking at possibly getting a set of these to support the turbo further down the track. Should be good for keeping the front wheel down on the strip but then easy enough to revert it back for use on the strip. Schnitz Racing are good parts dealers by the way, ordered a grand worth of shit from them and they are awesome. PashnitBusa are also good, has 40,000 parts at his disposal.

Bike
    I've owned a DR650 and I was well impressed with the stickiness of its knobbly ADV tyres on the road, but there's no way in hell I could manage anything even remotely like the pace I can on my Gen 1 Hayabusa on a road like the one to Akaroa.

There are sealed roads where the DR is better suited but they're generally limited to those with only a single lane and a decent amount of moss; like the Akatarawas.

Bike
    YZF-R6
    Quote Originally Posted by 300weatherby View Post
    Don't be too quick to reach for your VC, it was the rider, not the bike - maybe he just didn't understand (or want to) how to get the best from that platform.

The Busa is actually quite capable in the twisties, given it it not made to compete with sport or motardish type bikes, if you understand it (the Busa) is actually fun in that evironment.

Consider your.... "opponent" : The bike is around 250kg fluids and fuel, likely on sport touring tyres with the wrong pressures, no suspension setup, possibly a lack of relevant skills for the competition he found himself in. Without factoring in stuff like road conditions, traffic density, common sense grip on staying alive and not overstepping the mark, it is difficult to say accurately that your motardish machine is "better in the twisties" unless there is a way to qualify (grade) the skill sets of both pilots.

The argument that one bike is faster/better than the other is flawed unless both riders have the same skill and experience levels on both platforms, and then swap to retest.

I can, if it suited me to, get my Gen 1 Busa around Ruapuna faster than the typical Akaroa GP warrior on his R1/GSXR/ZXR ect, but in the real world? No. Smart people let them go and race themselves off a corner somewhere. Smart people save it for the track. If he had binned it with you up his exhaust, my money is on target fixation and two bikes down.

FTR: I ride a Gen1 Busa in the real world and race a 675D and a GSXR1000 and I think the Busa is capable everywhere.
    My post wasn't really a commentary on the ability of a busa, more of an amusing story. There was definitely an element of ability at play, he was rushing into corners trying to put distance between us but then couldn't accelerate through the corners due to the SRs, if he'd binned it it would have happened at corner entry where there was the greatest distance between us and I was fully expecting it to happen so I doubt I would have followed suit.

It does speak to the attitude of a lot of busa owners though, little technical ability but they just have to have the fastest bike out there.

I very rarely use the full performance of my R6 on the road, WOT produces for more power than is ever required on the road and I have only had it over 220 a couple of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender EnZed View Post
    I've owned a DR650 and I was well impressed with the stickiness of its knobbly ADV tyres on the road, but there's no way in hell I could manage anything even remotely like the pace I can on my Gen 1 Hayabusa on a road like the one to Akaroa.

There are sealed roads where the DR is better suited but they're generally limited to those with only a single lane and a decent amount of moss; like the Akatarawas.
    The standard knobblies on the DR are really good, very sticky, I don't push my luck too much under brakes but through corners I find they have really linear grip so very easy to push to the limit on any surface, they don't last long though (2000k for a rear if I'm pushing it) and they are quite expensive.

Bike
    S3
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
    Watching with interest , don't forget the torque factor and dropping it into the equation as it needs to be factored as well.

GSXr1000 182hp crank and 117nm @ 12k rpm

GSXR 1300 Gen2 196hp and 154nm @ 10k rpm

Simply, there's where your extra ponys come from , longer legs and more cc's , the 30 + % more torque makes all the diff
    And there it is the Busa has Busa's and Busa's and Busa's of torque!!! (...the fun power...)
    I hate queues!!!

Thread Information