Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: NZSBK 2014 dates

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by wharfy View Post
    There doesn't appear to be any evidence of occupation by anyone pre-Maori* (despite the claims of a few "interesting" characters that variously Chineese, Spanish and even Irish settled in New Zealand prior to the Polynesian migration)

The Stuff I was taught at school was in fact mostly bullshit - Someone just made it up ( a plausable theory but falsified evidence).

*Maori (in the Maori language) means "ordinary" or "human being" as opposed to Gods or spirits. Many Maori use the term tangata whenua "the people of the land" .
    The much maligned term Pākehā is a Māori language term for New Zealanders who are "of European descent" other migrants and their decendants are "tau iwi"

The current scientific studies appear to show that Polynesians are decendants of the natives from Taiwan.
    Yes I hear you about being teached BS , or politically aligned BS at school. I found a few of my left leaning high school teachers insufferable. ( And they likely reciprocated those thoughts, in fairness ) I remember with fondness a teacher telling me that the sacked Aussie priminister Gough Whitlam was going to re-elected by a landslide after he was dismissed by the Governor General. Of course, I disagreed with him and the result was as I had hoped it would be, the polar opposite with Fraser smashing Whitlam. Thankfully not all school teachers are left leaning.
    Some of them had been in the real world first and had a protestant right wing work ethic that dictated that sport was largely only for the weekends!

Ph: 06 751 2100 * Email: robert@kss.net.nz
    Mob: 021 825 514 * Fax: 06 751 4551

Bike
    Ducati's, Huskie's and Kawasaki's
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Taylor View Post
    Yes I hear you about being teached BS , or politically aligned BS at school. I found a few of my left leaning high school teachers insufferable. ( And they likely reciprocated those thoughts, in fairness ) I remember with fondness a teacher telling me that the sacked Aussie priminister Gough Whitlam was going to re-elected by a landslide after he was dismissed by the Governor General. Of course, I disagreed with him and the result was as I had hoped it would be, the polar opposite with Fraser smashing Whitlam. Thankfully not all school teachers are left leaning.
    Some of them had been in the real world first and had a protestant right wing work ethic that dictated that sport was largely only for the weekends!
    Except for test cricket of course, which takes 5 days to have a draw...
    "That's rooted!! What's next??"

Bike
    03 Hornet 900, 08 Daytona 675 race bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Well that explains everything
    Hahaha.. touché !
    "You never understood that it ain't no good, you shouldn't let other people get your kicks for you" - Bob Dylan

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    Calm down, lets not turn this rape into a murder.
    lol thats my quote ... give it back

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by nzmikey View Post
    lol thats my quote ... give it back
    Sorry young fulla you are abit late.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    Sorry young fulla you are abit late.
    Was worth a shot

Thread Information