Page 32 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: Canterbury Trail Rides?

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Askor View Post
    What carb did you put on it? The stock PJ is a piece of shit
    I didn't find the stock PJ that bad, I fitted a 38mm Keihein PWK airstriker I got off ebay which I'd bought before I worked out it was a powervalve/piston problem

Since found out it's a copy but from the little riding I've done on it so far it seems to work good with the PJ needle and main jet fitted
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    2014 Husaberg FE 250
    Lets get this back on topic guys!

Who did the Amberly trail ride? if you didn’t- dam did you mist a bloody good ride!!!!

Weather was perfect - even Mr wippy turned up !!! would have been at least 300+ bikes easy..

Apart from the abomination of scrutineering …I mean, one guy at 9.30?…you got be joking….at this point the wild map was selected…..fan came on and I new the bike was getting hot…had nothing to do with the rather attractive girl sitting in front on me….long brown hair…..dirt bike……long brown hair ……dirt bike…..I found myself in some kind of a trance - before I new it, I felt a rod up the pipe and a tap on the shoulder and I was done…..I mean gone…..…third…Jesus watch the trees…forth……corner…turn……nothing but sunshine!

yes it was open….but the forestry sections were something else…..I think in some ways better than dalethorpe….we had a bloody ball…

We managed 3 full laps- including the two Enduro sections…first one was nothing to be worried about - the second was a little more challenging, but again nothing to extreme.

Over the past few years - Jesus I’ve got myself in a few predicaments….absolutely exhausted…...whistling down hills out of control….stuck in shitty bogs giving the bike arseholes….shoot me now -take the fecking bike- I didn’t want it - I’m done…..we all have our war stories…….and we all get tired…and with that self dealt creeps in.

But what I found is I’m now looking at the enduro sections and thinking……I can do this….I really think confidence plays a major part….and with that comes a big gain in your technique. But without giving it ago…you’ll never know….because you didn’t develop the skills in the first place! I mean anyone can go fast, its just a matter of twisting the throttle….so the next time you see some blue arrows…think to ya self - I can do this..!!!!!!

Ants
    Life…you get one shot…take it.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayrtonsenna View Post

Who did the Amberly trail ride? if you didn’t- dam did you mist a bloody good ride!!!!
    Yup, good day out, shoulders are still fucking sore
    even Mr wippy turned up !!! would have been at least 300+ bikes easy..
    Yeah I had one at the end of the day, shitloads of people

Apart from the abomination of scrutineering …I mean, one guy at 9.30?…you got be joking….at this point the wild map was selected…..fan came on and I new the bike was getting hot…had nothing to do with the rather attractive girl sitting in front on me….long brown hair…..dirt bike……long brown hair ……dirt bike…..I found myself in some kind of a trance - before I new it, I felt a rod up the pipe and a tap on the shoulder and I was done…..I mean gone…..…third…Jesus watch the trees…forth……corner…turn……nothing but sunshine!
    Yours wasn't the one with steam pissing out of it ? Couldn't fucking believe they only had one person there on the gate

yes it was open….but the forestry sections were something else…..I think in some ways better than dalethorpe….we had a bloody ball…

We managed 3 full laps- including the two Enduro sections…first one was nothing to be worried about - the second was a little more challenging, but again nothing to extreme.
    I only did two main loops plus one kids loop with a mates boy while he did did the main loop

One off, short steep rutty climb and got the front sideways and lay down, dragged the front wheel around back to the bottom and straight up

Another climb the guy in front of me was going slower than I'd like and stopped which meant I had to as well, what an arse gwtting going again, nothin to hard and a reasonable mix of terrain
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Bike
    XT660R / TTR250 / 2 old Montesa's
    I require yous to go back and edit yer post.... insert the word "boreing"
    at least once so I don't feel like i have missed something...

Pete

90% of all Harleys built are still on the road... The other 10% made it back home...
    Ducati... Makeing riders into mechaincs since 1964...

Bike
    2014 Husaberg FE 250
    Sorry Pete..... she was a god one..
    Life…you get one shot…take it.

Bike
    2012 Yamaha WR 450. 2014 Beta 300RR 2t.
    Quote Originally Posted by pete-blen View Post
    I require yous to go back and edit yer post.... insert the word "boreing"
    at least once so I don't feel like i have missed something...

Well Pete you made up your mind and missed a perfect day. The moisture in the soil was spot on, which meant no dust, it was warm but not too hot. I managed three laps and no deviations, speedo says about 106 km's. It seemed like heaps of forest, (better than dalethorpe) more than I had remembered. Grenville assured me there was nothing extra.
    There were heaps of people there, I had to wait a while to get a sausage, but no wait for the double plain ice cream, bloody yuuuuuuum. Was eating it too fast and suffered bloody brain freeze, fuck I hate that.
    Anyway it was an excellent day.

DON'T miss the Waipara trail ride, one of my FAVORITES. (Well most of them are really).
    flashg

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by flashg View Post
    It seemed like heaps of forest, (better than dalethorpe) more than I had remembered.
    It was a bit different than the one I last did there, some parts of it were the same and some were backwards

Bike
    XT660R / TTR250 / 2 old Montesa's

DON'T miss the Waipara trail ride, one of my FAVORITES. (Well most of them are really).
    hope to get there... not done this one...
    bikes got a new tyre...never did like the AC10 front...

Pete

90% of all Harleys built are still on the road... The other 10% made it back home...
    Ducati... Makeing riders into mechaincs since 1964...

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    It was a bit different than the one I last did there, some parts of it were the same and some were backwards
    Someone said its one of the oldest rides on the calendar.
    I've noticed most rides are one way one year then backwards the next (as much as they can be anyway)
    Grenville said there is another forest block on that property that may be available in the near future.
    How'd that RMX go with the new carb ? Good I hope.
    flashg

Bike
    BSA A10
    Someone said its one of the oldest rides on the calendar.
    It would be 10-12 years since I first did it

How'd that RMX go with the new carb ? Good I hope.
    Good, needs some fine tuning which I'll probably never do to get the best out of it

Bike
    TF125
    Was eating it too fast and suffered bloody brain freeze, fuck I hate that.
    Push your tongue up hard against the roof of your mouth, hard as you can. It took me 43 years to learn that trick. 43 years of fucking brain freeze!

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    Push your tongue up hard against the roof of your mouth, hard as you can. It took me 43 years to learn that trick. 43 years of fucking brain freeze!
    Thanks for that, looking forward to my next ice cream now, just so I can try it. If it works it would've only taken 59 years to learn it, fuck I'm slow.
    It only happened because it was melting so fast and I didn't want to lose any, bugger.
    flashg

Bike
    Omihi coast trail ride next Sunday.
    It's one I've never done before, and I do like that country up that way. Hope to see you all on the day.
    If I don't, Merry Xmas to you all and we'll catch up next year 🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅
    flashg

Bike
    BSA A10
    Omihi coast trail ride next Sunday.
    Should be on it if I can drag some others along

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Should be on it if I can drag some others along
    At this stage I have one son joining me, but that can change. Sometimes I just go by myself if others are busy.
    flashg

Thread Information