Page 23 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: Canterbury Trail Rides?

Bike
    Suzuki DR650, Beta Xtrainer with CLAKE
    Quote Originally Posted by Transalper View Post
    I think they added it after you first looked, I didn't see it either until flash said it was on.

Mc Donald Downs (Waipara Gorge) this Sunday, might be my first for the year.
    See you there then, first time out on the Xtrainer
    Cheers Paul
    Check out our new website www.motomox.co.nz my very own sand pit with lots of cool toys

My bikes Suzuki DR650 2010, Beta Xtrainer 300 2016, Beta RR498 2014

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Well that was dusty with a few sharp rocks. Got a front end puncture about half way round my first lap but thanks to that Tubliss system I got from the Motomox man I was able to just kept on going. Hardly noticed except on the steeper down hills where the steering felt quite heavy and a bit squirmy.
    Back at the car plugged it with a dog turd, much easier fix than messing with a tube, put some air in and off we went for round two.
    Should of had the repair kit in my tool kit on the track, I just hadn't got round to taking it out of the big box and putting it in the little bag.

Gave the new gopro mount a whirl too, the chin one. I like it, picture position is pretty good. The old GoPro HD1 was a little heavy up front at first but I quickly got used to it and was much less annoying than having that weight hanging off the side and catching wind or catching branches up top. Since all the newer cameras are a fraction lighter it should be even better with them.

Anyway a good easy ride for my first in over half a year. Little less dust would have been nice though.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    well, I enjoyed that trail ride a great deal. Much more suited to my limited abilities. The dust was an issue. Quads an issue too, as my mate found out, to his cost.

Bike
    2012 Yamaha WR 450. 2014 Beta 300RR 2t.
    I also enjoyed the ride and managed two laps plus the three enduro loops, all on the beta. No punctures, and my helmet was safe with no offs. However the knee is not good for some reason, lotsa grinding noises coming from it and pain. Anyway seeing surgeon Thursday, hopefully he has the answers. Roll on Omihi trail ride on the 15th which is one I really enjoyed last year.
    flashg

Bike
    Suzuki DR650, Beta Xtrainer with CLAKE
    Quote Originally Posted by flashg View Post
    I also enjoyed the ride and managed two laps plus the three enduro loops, all on the beta. No punctures, and my helmet was safe with no offs. However the knee is not good for some reason, lotsa grinding noises coming from it and pain. Anyway seeing surgeon Thursday, hopefully he has the answers. Roll on Omihi trail ride on the 15th which is one I really enjoyed last year.
    Yes we did two laps, I am still coughing, sneezing, farting, shitting and spitting dust but we had some fun and I really enjoyed the Beta 300 Xtrainer, it is so much fun to ride, torquay as hell, light as hell, narrow as hell and low seat for short bastards like me, if you are looking for a friendly trail bike to ride put the Xtrainer on your list.
    Cheers Paul
    Check out our new website www.motomox.co.nz my very own sand pit with lots of cool toys

My bikes Suzuki DR650 2010, Beta Xtrainer 300 2016, Beta RR498 2014

Bike

Knee is all good, just inflammation of the ligaments on the lateral side (outer side) an injection of cortisone and take it easy for a bit should see it right. See ya'll @ Omihi trail ride next weekend.
    flashg

Bike
    BSA A10
    Some new bits turned up for the RMX, just waiting on new powervalves and head gasket ex Japan and it can go back together
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160506_191518.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	770.5 KB 
ID:	321347
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Some new bits turned up for the RMX, just waiting on new powervalves and head gasket ex Japan and it can go back together
    ]
    Good stuff plenty of good rides coming up.
    flashg

Bike
    For those that couldn't get to Omihi trail ride today, it was bloody awesome. As the day wore on, the more challenging parts of the track got tougher. The last hill climb became very challenging, many people having a big struggle. I was disappointed to see Fathers taking very young kids on the red loop (for experienced riders) which they struggled with on the little bikes, especially the hill climbs which they blocked off the track for long periods.
    On a different part of the track, one guy came off his bike and hurt his shoulder badly I was told. Another guy crashed in the same spot (went over handle bars) and broke both wrists,on his hand guards. He got the helicopter ride. People need to slow down and read the track properly, it's not a fucken race, it's a trail ride.
    I managed three laps, total of 139.6 Km's. Biggest day I've had for a long time.
    Bring on Glenmark trail ride 12th June. That's my next one.
    flashg

Bike
    Decent amount of kms done there. I was fanging up the coast this arvo and was jealous of every dusty bike I saw heading the other way

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    Decent amount of kms done there. I was fanging up the coast this arvo and was jealous of every dusty bike I saw heading the other way

Yeah I just couldn't wipe the smile off my face. Especially now as I sit here typing on my phone and my knee is perfect. Bloody awesome day
    flashg

Bike
    2014 Husaberg FE 250
    yeah it wasn't bad....enjoyed the two enduro bits......came across...maybe 5-6 people going the wrong feckon way???!.........then my rear wheel bearing crapped out on the second lap... decided to stop for the day...
    Life…you get one shot…take it.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayrtonsenna View Post
    yeah it wasn't bad....enjoyed the two enduro bits......came across...maybe 5-6 people going the wrong feckon way???!.........then my rear wheel bearing crapped out on the second lap... decided to stop for the day...
    Must have been tourists aye ...

Yeah I just couldn't wipe the smile off my face. Especially now as I sit here typing on my phone and my knee is perfect. Bloody awesome day
    Noice! Got to be a good feeling. New braces worn in all good? Have you had the second knee done now too?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    Noice! Got to be a good feeling. New braces worn in all good? Have you had the second knee done now too?

Wasn't wearing the braces this time(just pads). Am modifying the right brace as it was putting pressure on my lateral ligaments, causing swelling.
    Surgeon is keen to wait and see how the left knee copes now it's not doing all the work. At this stage it feel's great. And I'd rather not go through all that again, if it can be avoided.
    flashg

Bike
    BSA A10
    Picked up power valve and gaskets, time to put it back togetherClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20160519_185602.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	782.6 KB 
ID:	321703
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Thread Information