Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: L’s Angels Cape Reinga/90 Mile Beach Ride November 2013

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbyhorse View Post
    Jan and I went up to Cape Reinga in the motorhome a couple of weeks ago and the weather was just perfect ... the last time Jan was there was in May 1976 as we rounded the Cape on a very dirty night on our way to Australia in out yacht. It was a really heavy blow, and big seas, and of course with no GPS in those days when the weather got bad ones security was in sailing out deep well away from land ..... a bloody miserable night which we still remember vividly. Today the GPS gives one the security of knowing ones position in all weathers and you can close the land to find shelter.

A long winded introduction, but the trip bought back again to me the great Cape Reinga trip on the bikes in October last year which was so well organised by Mark and Anne ... miss you guys but glad you are doing what you want to. Miss also the camaraderie of the trip, the lemoncello, the great long winded forum thread that accompanied every trip, I could go on.

Thanks you two, for all you did for us in organising and running the events.

Rhys
    Thanks Rhys, the Cape rides were are real blast for us, met a lot of wonderful people, putting the ride/s together was a little time consuming, but worth the effort... organising the food stops/route/accommodation price & menu and making sure that the right people were involved with making it all happen.
    Same could be said for all the ride we did to be honest.
    Communication with food stops owners prior, with numbers attending and approximate time of arrival, was appreciated by them and made for great service, none more so than our last trip north in Paihia, Thirty/Thirty had all the food on the table for 26 people at the same time, can't beat that kind of service, Boscos in Te Kuiti was another cool place as was Big Jims just north of New Plymouth.

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    If anyone organised a Cape Reinga ride this year (or any other rides) I'd be pretty keen.
    Last year I missed out because I had a part time job and would have lost a days pay which I couldn't spare, but now I'm working full time and could take paid leave as well as having more money to spend on fuel and accommodation and food.
    I also have the new bike which is better than the RF900 for eating up the kms and gets easily over 400kms from a tank of gas - I could fuel up at every 2nd fuel stop very easily.

Surely someone could just copy last years trip schedule and organise a very similar trip this year?

Despite some bad weather I really enjoyed the prison trip last year and more trips organised would be really good!
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    I'm happy to organise a new ride next summer. I think it'll wait til octoberish? A good mix of decent weather, less road works?

Last years ride was amazing, the last 10isk KM to the cape was a great bit of road, no one on the road but us!

Bike
    2011 BMW F650GS
    Quote Originally Posted by haydes55 View Post
    I'm happy to organise a new ride next summer. I think it'll wait til octoberish? A good mix of decent weather, less road works?

Last years ride was amazing, the last 10isk KM to the cape was a great bit of road, no one on the road but us!
    And, as has been the case since this ride first ran, I'm happy to support it in whatever way the organiser thinks best. Tail end Charlie, group leader, breakdown service, general stirrer, whatever. I've done/been them all!

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkW View Post
    And, as has been the case since this ride first ran, I'm happy to support it in whatever way the organiser thinks best. Tail end Charlie, group leader, breakdown service, general stirrer, whatever. I've done/been them all!

you can be chief shit stirrer for now haha

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    you can be chief shit stirrer for now haha

Summed up beautifully.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkW View Post
    Yes you have Mark, and it's been a real pleasure to have you along on the three previous rides. Year one was a total blast, a lot of newbies and a number that had never been a group ride. Year two was a bit wet on the Saturday but that only made the ice cream stop even more wanted. Last was mint weather, the ride split ( the beach ride) after the cape. The best part about the rides was, although it was group ride, we never really rode as a group and some would please themselves and peal off to do other routes. It all added to the experience.

It would fun to be able to join as attendees this time, if the ride this year falls on our ''four off days'' which we get every month.

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    It would fun to be able to join as attendees this time, if the ride this year falls on our ''four off days'' which we get every month.

Let us know when your time of the month is....

Bike
    2007 Suzuki LS650 Boulevard

I support this product and/or service.
    There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those that do not.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Let us know when your time of the month is....
    Periodically we take the last weekend of the month off, starting on a Thursday midday/Friday Saturday Sunday back too work midday Monday.
    But, if I sell my bike I wont buy another for a while, and I say if.

Bike
    Mine
    Periodically we take the last weekend of the month off, starting on a Thursday midday/Friday Saturday Sunday back too work midday Monday.
    So that means either labour weekend or 28th to 30th November this year. Best to avoid labour weekend so maybe November is a go?

But, if I sell my bike I wont buy another for a while, and I say if.
    If you do sell it the new owner needs to come along on one of their other bikes and lend yours back to you for the weekend.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    2014 BMW G650GS
    If you need any help to organise things, just ask.

Bike
    beryl and daisy
    Quote Originally Posted by swbarnett View Post
    So that means either labour weekend or 28th to 30th November this year. Best to avoid labour weekend so maybe November is a go?

oh yes, oh yes oh yes....i come along....

this would be good enough an excuse to close ze chocolate factory for a couple of days, or maybe employ a minion
    squeek squeek

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by swbarnett View Post
    We tend to not use up well earned off time on public holidays, hence, we are going away four four days this coming week starting Thursday.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by arcane12 View Post
    I support this product and/or service.
    I endorse this support, and also support this product and/or service.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Thread Information