Thread: Protecta Insurance?

Bike
    2013 Hyosung GV250 EFI

Protecta Insurance?

I have just been looking at bike insurance and Protecta will cut our bill significantly so I was wondering if anyone out there has had any dealings with them and could you please feedback - good or bad.
    Thanks

Bike
    Not enough.
    I found them nothing but brilliant. Best price by a mile, and when I wrote off my bike, they were quick to pay out and incredibly helpful throughout the entire process.
    They are one of the insurers for kiwibike, which speaks for itself.

Bike
    Sold
    +1 for that. As well as my 60% no claims discount, I asked whether they would consider a further discount for an IAM Advanced Test pass. Got a very positive response on furnishing proof and they're going to extend it to other members. That's what I call proactive

Bike
    Dont have one now
    Quote Originally Posted by mansell View Post
    I have just been looking at bike insurance and Protecta will cut our bill significantly so I was wondering if anyone out there has had any dealings with them and could you please feedback - good or bad.
    Thanks
    I wrote off my bike and they were great......paid out all good. They also include roadside assist.

Bike
    S1000RR
    I can say +1 to Protecta (via Kiwi Bike broker). No hassle, cheaper than competitors, and straight forward payout.

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    My hyosung was with protecta. Wrote it off. Paid out no questions.

My klx was with them for over a year. I rang them a few weeks back :

"I have a new bike, a Kawasaki Z1000, I'd like to insure it for $7000. And can I take it on the race track for a track day tomorrow? "

"Yep we will insure your new bike for the same premium as your klx. Usually for track days you need written permission and to pay your yearly premium up front. But you're an existing customer so you're good to go."

Can't beat that.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    I had protecta. They were always on time collecting my money. I never claimed so I can offer no advice.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    Mine
    I've had two claims with Protecta. Both times they were very quick to accept the claim and authorise remedial work; the second one was less than seven days. I even got a Yoshi pipe instead of OEM because it was going to take too long to get the OEM.

When I tried to return the assessor's call I got his voicemail because he was on his bike at the time. He rang me back the minute he got home.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by skippa1 View Post
    They also include roadside assist.
    And $500 helmet cover.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    Had a 2007 Suzuki C50T Boulevard
    Call and ask for Walter Rands-Trevor and tell him I recommended him.
    You don't get to be an old dog without learning a few tricks.
    Shorai Powersports batteries are very trick!

Bike
    2013 Hyosung GV250 EFI
    Thanks for the feedback guys it looks like I'm going to sort things out in the morning.

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    mansell, who is your current insurer

Bike
    2015 Yamaha MT-09 Tracer

Thumbs up

On the strength of this threadI changed our bike insurance to Protecta. Saved $700pa on the two bikes
    If you are what you eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy
    I have a gas axe and a welder! What do you mean "it won't fit"?

Bike
    2013 Hyosung GV250 EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    mansell, who is your current insurer
    Missus jacked it up through the firm that insures the house (through the bank) - fuck it is expensive, about twice what Protecta will cost and a horrendous excess - saw the figures while I was talking to them today about a fence that the wind blew down this afternoon, I'm ringing Protecta tomorrow and taking out a policy with them. My fault I guess it's the first time the bike has been worth enough to insure

Thread Information