Page 134 of 196 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2931

Thread: MotoGP 2014

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    There's some qualified people around, they'll have their own technical people though. Honda pulled out of BSB so there were two crews suddenly available there. I see Kiwi crew chief Adrian Gorst had his CV on the 'Net, a WSBK title and multiple BSB titles to his credit.

Last I saw JB had taken up golf.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Suzuki update

Looks like Randy really wants the MotoGP ride on the Suzuki reading the last paragragh here.

De Puniet on Suzuki MotoGP™ progress and the challenge of Suzuka

De Puniet on Suzuki MotoGP™ progress and the challenge of Suzuka
    Tuesday, 22 July 2014
    Ahead of his Suzuka 8 Hours participation and following several months of important MotoGP™ tests with Suzuki, motogp.com caught up with Frenchman Randy de Puniet.
    Suzuki have tested this year at several Grand Prix venues. What is next in terms of the testing schedule?

“We took part in winter tests in Sepang. In Austin and Argentina, unfortunately I couldn’t ride, but I did in Philip Island and also in Barcelona. The schedule is different in July, I am preparing for the Suzuka 8 Hours at the end of the month. My MotoGP program will start again in September, which leaves an important break. Then, we are supposed to be in Mugello, Aragon and Valencia. A wildcard is pretty likely – we’ll give it a shot in Valencia in October. In August, a test in Brno was planned, but it has been cancelled and replaced by the one in Philip Island. This is why I accepted the opportunity to participate in the Suzuka 8 Hours, in order to go on riding, try a different bike and have at least one race this season.”

What particular elements has the development of the Suzuki focused on?

“We have mostly worked on the electronics recently. We went from the Mitsubishi ECU to the Magnetti Marelli ECU at Sepang 1. There’s a lot to do on this point because even when the bike is not on track, the Japanese engineers keep on working on it to smooth the edges. We’ve made important progress, but it is difficult to define my exact feeling about the bike because I have always been riding in different conditions from one test to the other. When there is no base or reference, there is nothing to compare with, and it is hard to evaluate the progress.”

As you are working especially on the electronics, does it mean the bike is already in good shape in terms of frame and engine?

“The bike is ready, but again, it is hard to evaluate its potential now. I think the bases are really good, but in terms of pure power, I don't know where we stand. We need it to be ridden more by other riders to be able to compare, and progress even more.”

Besides the urge to keep on riding during the break, how did you come to be taking part in the Suzuka 8 Hours event?

“Firstly, I love the track there. It is a legendary race and a very important one for Suzuki. I think we now have a team fully able to win this race. This is why I will do my utmost to adapt to the bike and get ready for a victory. To win the Suzuka 8 Hours would be a real accomplishment for me in this quiet season.”

Whether you ride with Suzuki in MotoGP next season or not, what other options would you have?

“A contract with Suzuki is ready for me, as a test rider or somewhere else. I can choose to accept it or not. This is why we would like to be informed of their plans for the future as soon as possible, because I really want to go back to competition, but not in poor conditions. For now, my main objective is going back to MotoGP. If there is an option in Superbikes, why not, but I really aim at being on the MotoGP starting grid in 2015.”
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    I wonder that confidence might be beaten by arrogance in his replies to what he's doing next year. Suzuki would be foolish to put him on a factory bike I think.

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I wonder that confidence might be beaten by arrogance in his replies to what he's doing next year. Suzuki would be foolish to put him on a factory bike I think.

agreed, better off with a younger rider to develop for the future
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

I love my job Call 0223210319--AKA Shaun

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto-Dynamix View Post
    agreed, better off with a younger rider to develop for the future
    They will have a younger rider if Vinales has signed. Which leaves EsA or Randy as the senior hand.
    It's probably to Suzuki's advantage to keep DeP as a test rider. So it's possible he has mentioned SBK an option so that they don't take him for granted.

If I read him right there was also a hint that he'd like a pay increase? You could say he got his message across effectively. As to whether or not that works, we'll see.

Success at Suzuka wouldn't hurt either.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Hope he doesn't go Suzuki in superbikes. I'd hate to have to support him.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Rdp has had his day imho.At one time he was one of my favourites,but he has never delivered to his potential,again imo

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    Rdp has had his day imho.At one time he was one of my favourites,but he has never delivered to his potential,again imo
    I'm with you.

Was it Melandri that rode the Kawasaki with virtually no sign writing in GP it's final year, can someone tell me? I've never been a fan of the guy (in the proper sense of the word), but it was impressive to see him ride with zero fucks given.

I ask because it is what Depunet lacked every time I remember him riding. The ability to just commit and chuck a bike around.

Bike
    Nowt any more

Hayate team

A potted history.

Wikipedia eh?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward_Racing

That year with Melandri is still their best year in MotoGP.
    He is one of my faves.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Melandri blows hot and cold and has his brain explosions. Like an all or nothing, do or die, last lap, last corner passing attempt - on lap 2.

Loved this though, was there that day, and that was on a damp track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8KtdsM7nY4

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Melandi has to have confidence in the front grip,its why he could never push the understeering duc,see hoq he has progressed with the aprilia in wsbk,now he has confidence in the front he is pushing it
    Rdp was good on the 250s but inconsistent even then

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    So, who's willing to bet BS is already on the bus ???
    http://www.crash.net/motogp/intervie...tech-3-qa.html

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Scorpio
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    So, who's willing to bet BS is already on the bus ???
    http://www.crash.net/motogp/intervie...tech-3-qa.html
    Herve is generally very loyal to his riders (and very good at managing & supporting them I think), but he sounds a bit lukewarm about Bradley in that interview. So, yes, definitely on the bus.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    We'll Randy didn't win Suzuka, he was overtaken not long before the finish. Winning riders:
    Takumii, VanderMark, Haslam.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Melandri blows hot and cold and has his brain explosions. Like an all or nothing, do or die, last lap, last corner passing attempt - on lap 2.

Loved this though, was there that day, and that was on a damp track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8KtdsM7nY4
    I too was right there. Great work wannit!

Thread Information