Page 155 of 196 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 2931

Thread: MotoGP 2014

Bike
    RD350 KTM790R, 2 x BMW R80G/S, XT500
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    I am 46 years old and I haven't heard that one.
    Until this year we would get this fat little dick called Greg Creamer (pronounced Kramer as in Seinfield) do a bit of a talk before the race and also every time we came back from commercial before the world feed commentators. He actually ruined it for me with his many mispronunciations of the riders names. The worst was Lorentho (Lorenzo). Fucked if I know why but he persisted with that one for the longest time. His comments were shit too.
    You are correct:

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/popu...ounce-lorenzo/

I lvoe the way that Vale pronouces "Jorge" - Yourgay

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    You are correct:

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/popu...ounce-lorenzo/

Nice one. I forwarded it to the fat little wanker. Doubt I will get a reply.

Bike
    Between bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    "It's hard to keep an open mind, when so many people are trying to put things in it"

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    I am 46 years old and I haven't heard that one.
    Way back in the dim distant past, like even before there were any TV channels, and only state owned radio, it was apparently deemed absolutely vital that the whole nation receive saturation radio coverage of any and every horse race meeting held. Even those with no interest in horse racing whatsoever could become familiar with the jargon without even trying. In fact it would have been moderately difficult to avoid.

Then we got TV and it was necessary that we got coverage there too, whether we wanted it or not. Happily these days the punters can get their fix without inconveniencing the rest of us.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    09 GSX1400.

Back to Donington for 2015

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    400 Husqvarna vmx
    What a shitfight, typical of those Dorna cunts allocating a title round to a bunch of fuckers with no circuit, no need to ask if any moneys changed hands. Ecclestone allocated the car GP to Donington a few years back while trying to extort more money from the BRDC. Donington promptly closed to make the myriad of mods required for an F1 meeting : chain link fences spectators can't see through, viewing areas moved back away from the track, massive sand traps between the crowd and the track...after the necessary arm twisting, begging and raise of the financial offer, the GP returned to Silverstone without any event ever being run at Donington, and they had to remove many of the alterations to reopen, after losing nearly a year of trade. The facilities aren't flash at Donington, but by and large the track is good for bike racing and the race should be a beaut, but how can an event as successful as the Silverstone GP be allocated to a mob without even a circuit to race at ?
    Cash...

Bike
    09 GSX1400.

More on that from Motomatters.

http://www.motomatters.com/news/2014...motogp_ro.html
    We've seen some great racing at Donington over the years, we'll see in a years time.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Moto2 was by far the best race of the year, Maverick did well to catch up with the front boys, just goes to show how important qualifying is, something Mr Pedrosa needs to learn.

Cal Crutchlow is running out of excuses IMO, he did alright on the Tech 3 Yamaha running neck and neck with Dovi but never quite as good or better. For him to not even cop a mention in the entire race by the commentary team shows how far back he truly was.

Great to see Dovi so close to a dry podium, I think we will definitely see one by the end of the year. Hats off for Ducati for taking the steps to improve the bike, that chap from Aprillia WSBK is clearly earning his keep. Every race the bike improves fractionally the way it should be as a developing machine, it seems Dovi is the driving force behind these improvements.

What is everyone's take on Marquez's move on Lorenzo? Was pretty harsh to say the least and definitely cost him a shot at the top step. He looked a lot more like the Marquez of last year, clearly well on the limit to beat Lorenzo.

Bike
    Yamaha SRX400
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post

What is everyone's take on Marquez's move on Lorenzo? Was pretty harsh to say the least and definitely cost him a shot at the top step. He looked a lot more like the Marquez of last year, clearly well on the limit to beat Lorenzo.
    Good, close racing. Lorenzo didn't cry over it and they shook hands on the post-finish lap so that says it all. Harsh but fair...

The best thing about that race was how Lorenzo has pulled himself up after a dismal start to the year and is again in top form. That's not something that is easy to do, and is a measure of the man's character. Just ask Cal "Casey" Crutchless.

Bike
    Nowt any more
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Moto2 was by far the best race of the year, Maverick did well to catch up with the front boys, just goes to show how important qualifying is, something Mr Pedrosa needs to learn.

Cal Crutchlow is running out of excuses IMO, he did alright on the Tech 3 Yamaha running neck and neck with Dovi but never quite as good or better. For him to not even cop a mention in the entire race by the commentary team shows how far back he truly was.

Great to see Dovi so close to a dry podium, I think we will definitely see one by the end of the year. Hats off for Ducati for taking the steps to improve the bike, that chap from Aprillia WSBK is clearly earning his keep. Every race the bike improves fractionally the way it should be as a developing machine, it seems Dovi is the driving force behind these improvements.

Have to agree about the Ducati. It is clearly getting better and better. Both Dovi and Maniac Joe are punting it really well and Hernandez is virtually outdoing Crutchlow also. Crutchlow has one more season. If 2015 is no good then he will be down the road.

Let's hope that it does not take all year to sort out the 2015 Ducati bike.

The rubbing and passing in MotoGP was sweet as. That is what these jokers live for. It is only the PC brigade who think that stuff is out of line.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    Good, close racing. Lorenzo didn't cry over it and they shook hands on the post-finish lap so that says it all. Harsh but fair...

The best thing about that race was how Lorenzo has pulled himself up after a dismal start to the year and is again in top form. That's not something that is easy to do, and is a measure of the man's character. Just ask Cal "Casey" Crutchless.
    Yeah he sure had a shocker start, personally I thought Rossi's return to form had brought his head back a few years back to when he was 2nd rider to Rossi's brilliance. The crash and jump start were not at all what we expected from silky smooth Lorenzo. He certainly has sorted his shit out though and is riding brilliantly.

Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    Have to agree about the Ducati. It is clearly getting better and better. Both Dovi and Maniac Joe are punting it really well and Hernandez is virtually outdoing Crutchlow also. Crutchlow has one more season. If 2015 is no good then he will be down the road.

Let's hope that it does not take all year to sort out the 2015 Ducati bike.

The rubbing and passing in MotoGP was sweet as. That is what these jokers live for. It is only the PC brigade who think that stuff is out of line.
    The excitement in Motogp certainly has gone up since the introduction of Marquez. I personally didn't like Marquez in Moto2 with the crossing under brakes, as a brilliant rider I didn't think he needed to be doing silly stuff like that. Last year he had a lot of pressure on his shoulders to win his rookie season and some fierce competition in the forms of Pedrosa and Lorenzo. As a result he did some dumb shit, but it certainly made for damn good entertainment! It all is a little hard to watch as a fierce Dani Pedrosa supporter though, but that's what marks a true fan someone who backs their man no matter how they are doing. Rossi's fan base is as large as it ever was despite all that has happened with him since going to Ducati.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Had to stay away from the net till we finally watched it.

Moto 3 great as ever? I think young Marquez is gunning for the prize there and if our little aussy doesn't start racing to win races instead of "thinking of the championship" he'll loose it for sure.

Best race of the season from Moto 2. Tito aye! goin at it hammer and tongs

MotoGP showed either the Yamaha is still just a little down on the Honda or MM is a little up on the others? You choose? The wider corner entry of JL was leaving the door open for MM.
    Dova raced well without a tyre advantage, looks like they may have got it up to alien level?? Although I think the track suited it we shall see!

I must say I'm really disappointed at Silverstone not having the GP next year!
    I think the track contributed in a major way the event and the racing. Some riders/bikes where obviously faster in different parts of the track. Passing was frequent because of this making all classes enjoyable.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GD66 View Post
    Poor Crutchlow was in trouble on race day when the cool weather overnight caused his ARTHRITIS to flare up ! Mate, on behalf of historic roadracers and vintage motocrossers worldwide, MAN THE FUCK UP !!
    I was listening to the Motopod podcast today and they were discussing Crutchlow's arthritis issue. This is the result of a previous injury and as soon as the season is over it will be operated on to "clean it up". Meantime if it is a problem he has to have injections to enable him to ride.

Funny, but I wouldn't have thought there were too many KBers qualified to tell GP riders to "MAN THE FUCK UP". But hey it's entirely possible I missed your dazzlingly brilliant racing career?
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    I'm not looking forward to Crutchless going to Honda and then still whinging all year the bike isn't good enough.

Then the look on Nakamoto's face would not be one we'd like to see.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    400 Husqvarna vmx
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Funny, but I wouldn't have thought there were too many KBers qualified to tell GP riders to "MAN THE FUCK UP". But hey it's entirely possible I missed your dazzlingly brilliant racing career?

Rode roadracing and vmx until I was 57 years old, and there are plenty of older cahns racing, right up to their eighties. The pits looks like a war movie, with old buggers hobbling and limping, but they gobble a handful of nurofen and go racing without whinging about their arthritis playing up, even though they don't have a works ride, a masseur or the cocktail of good gear available from the Clinica Mobile.

But thanks for the sarcasm.

Thread Information