Page 191 of 196 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 2931

Thread: MotoGP 2014

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    He handed out a whole bunch of penalty points after the Moto3 qualifying debacle at Phillip Island, but it never got reported anywhere I could see.
    I read it somewhere - and mentioned it in this forum IIRC - assuming you are referring to the group following Miller through the pits.

Mike Webb doesn't have to hear a complaint, if he thinks it's too tough he can take action. The final was always going to have hard passes, same as all the other Moto3 races. Just like Miller said before the race.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Credit to his ability for being able to back off a bit, try and fuck Marquez up, then get back out in front.

But it looked a lot to me like he tried to run him off the track. The commentators didn't know what to say either, so it wasn't just me who saw it that way.

Bike
    1993, Honda RVF400
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Credit to his ability for being able to back off a bit, try and fuck Marquez up, then get back out in front.

But it looked a lot to me like he tried to run him off the track. The commentators didn't know what to say either, so it wasn't just me who saw it that way.
    I think the commentators have made a career from not knowing what to say!

I thought Miller put some pretty hard moves on Marquez, but I've never raced, so can't say if it was "just racing". I have had a bit of experience with dickheads though, and young Jack was, without a doubt, being a monumental one.

Still, he is young, so hopefully someone will knock some sense into him

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by ecko_nzed View Post
    I think the commentators have made a career from not knowing what to say!

I thought Miller put some pretty hard moves on Marquez, but I've never raced, so can't say if it was "just racing". I have had a bit of experience with dickheads though, and young Jack was, without a doubt, being a monumental one.

Still, he is young, so hopefully someone will knock some sense into him
    Yep, the commentators are pretty good at screwing it up. But they saw it and sorta trailed off after mentioning "that was a hard pass..."

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    The rider's rider of the year. This is all explained in the text, I hope it's big enough. Just in case; every MotoGP rider votes for who he thinks are the top six riders, he may not vote for himself. The votes are secret except that ianoni would only vote for five as he considered all the others to be at the same level. Interesting in a number of respects as this is how the riders rate each other.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B24bjcvIgAAqRfH.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	305591
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    OK, that isn't very clear so here are the top ten.

1. Mark Marquez
    2. Valentino Rossi
    3. Jorge Lorenzo
    4. Andrea Dovitzioso
    5. Aleix Espagero
    6. Dani Pedrosa
    7. Pol Espagero
    8. Andrea Ianone
    9. Bradley Smith
    10. Scott Redding

Bike
    1993, Honda RVF400
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    OK, that isn't very clear so here are the top ten.

1. Mark Marquez
    2. Valentino Rossi
    3. Jorge Lorenzo
    4. Andrea Dovitzioso
    5. Aleix Espagero
    6. Dani Pedrosa
    7. Pol Espagero
    8. Andrea Ianone
    9. Bradley Smith
    10. Scott Redding
    Cal who???

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Cal who???
    Yep. Hasn't exactly made a name for himself, other than Cal "Crasher" Crutchlow.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    I just realised I didn't watch Pedro much this year, 6th !
    Iannnnone has had some great rides, I would have rated him a lot higher Pritch ?
    The older Asparagas had some good races too.
    Good thing you posted I was getting ready to put up Nigella thru boredom.
    I see both calenders are out,WSB and GP.
    Its probably best having two weeks between Italy and Catalunya.
    One week and I'm tempted again.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Cal who???
    Well I think even he would agree he didn't have a good year. He definitely needs a better 2015. The other ummm oddities (?) for me were Pedro's placing, that'll hurt, along with the inclusion of Redding and the ommision of Hayden.

Anyhow that's how the experts saw it.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    The way I read the whole Miller/Marquez situation post Aragon was this: Miller thought Marquez was in the wrong with how he took him off the bike, race direction said no.
    Miller then chose to run the same line that Marquez did on him, every single time that he put a passing maneuver on him for the following rounds.

So basically race direction ruled it legal, Jack decided to test the legalities out and put some very hard moves on Alex. Whether you think it's fair play or not is up to you. All I know is that his ability to put the bike on the track exactly where he wanted it was outstanding.
    And if his mate Danny Kent hadn't of ran a tad wide in the last lap at Valencia we may have had a happier Miller at the end of the race (he certainly had a good run on Alex). Miller should have behaved better after the race that is for sure, but it gave us something to talk about didn't it? He needs to be careful though as his sponsors will not put up with that kind of carry on with their brand plastered all over his bike.

He's looking good on the Motogp bike, lets hope he keeps his head and show's us that you don't need to be Spanish to win a championship in a few years time.

So glad to see Melandri back in Motogp, lets hope Aprilia give him a good bike eventually.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post

So glad to see Melandri back in Motogp, lets hope Aprilia give him a good bike eventually.
    Melandri will only be there for a year, if he isn't fired half way through the season for being old and slow.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    KTM 250exc
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    He needs to be careful though as his sponsors will not put up with that kind of carry on with their brand plastered all over his bike.
    I thought it was a bit shit the white shirt he put on in Parc ferme. Final race of the season and you go and cover up all your sponsors advertising for the podium and press conference.

But then again if I was a sponsor, with his attitude on the day I don't think I would want my company name next to the chip on his shoulder.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    long wait till March/April next year...
    Nigella.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10410123_10152832883317480_771095013009329688_n.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	305905

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Italian

“You must spread some Rep... etc.”

Thread Information