Page 165 of 196 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 2931

Thread: MotoGP 2014

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Any predictions for the victory in Aragon?
    Best bike in the world but like to see the Honda's go like crap to make the championship more interesting.
    Be good to see how MM can handle a little dent in his confidence not that I think it will be a problem but be nice to see Rossi back it up the yammy seems to be going better.

Miller might be in trouble of this keeps up

Estrella Galicia Misano race review
    Wednesday, 17 September 2014
    Alex Rins and Alex Marquez repeated their podium double from Silverstone at Misano, in another great race for the two Estrella Galicia 0,0 riders.
    In the round 13 contest Rins and Marquez took the victory and runner-up spot, respectively, for the second consecutive Grand Prix, reducing the gap to Moto3™ standings leader, Jack Miller, in the process. After another strong display at Misano, Marquez trails Miller by nine points and Rins is 20 off the top with five races remaining and 125 points at stake.

The race started with Miller pushing hard at the front and both Honda equipped Estrella Galicia 0,0 riders attentive to his attempts at escaping. Although Marquez got off the line the best and was up into third, Rins quickly took the lead of the second group from fourth and went after Miller. As he broke away, he brought with him his teammate and Miguel Oliveira, who later crashed out of the race.

After overtaking Miller, Rins established a gap of just over a second, but Marquez – on his own in second – gradually reeled in his teammate and caught him with eight laps to go. Patient behind Rins, Marquez got past him with two laps remaining. Rins returned the favour on the final lap to win by 0.042s.

Rins stated, “It was a very nice race, although it dragged on a bit for me because, from the beginning, I spent a long time riding by myself at the front. Initially I could open a small gap over my teammate Alex (Marquez), but on the last three laps he managed to catch me. Eventually I was able to think about the right strategy, just how it happened to me last year, and in the end it went well. I was able to take the win, so I'm very happy.”

Marquez added, “It was a pretty tough weekend for us, with four crashes – one of which was a heavy one in the Warm Up. So in the end second place is very important for us. We tried our best and managed to cut the gap to the series leader for the third race in succession, so we should be happy and continue in this way. Now comes a home race and hopefully the circuit is full, so that the fans can push us at every turn. At Motorland, where we have done three tests, we will try to be competitive from day one.”

I'm wondering why at least Marquez isn't going straight to MotoGP age maybe? Thought the Brother thing might be a incentive for a sponsor to get onboard and get extra coverage for his dollar. Rins is riding well to. Not so sure if it was me I'd like to have a go at each championship on the way through tho?
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Your spelling isn't a problem, I can generally see what you mean, and anyway you fit right in on KB.

If spelling is too bad it becomes a distraction, and there was one guy even his KB name seemed to be spelt wrong, reading his stuff was sometimes just too much touble. His spelling, in combination with a solid wall of text and minimal punctuation, could make his writings almost indecipherable. Even if he was making sense otherwise.

Nick Harrris' mispronunciations are also a distraction. (He isn't a relation of yours is he? :-) His job is to describe what's happening for anybody who is watching, not all of whom may be fans. His errors are jarring and take attention away from the racing which is the opposite of what he should be doing.

I'm not saying I could do his job, but presumably he is payed good money to do it so we expect a reasonable job. For what it's worth I still prefer Harris to Greene.

It does seem that rubbishing commentators is an international sport. When the BT team took over the commentaries in Britain this year a lot of the reaction was really vicious and personal.

Now y'all can feel free to check my spelling.

I know mate, but could not let a chance go by at a bit of shit sturing
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

I love my job Call 0223210319--AKA Shaun

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Erelyes View Post
    More of a lock forward myself m8

good on ya
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

I love my job Call 0223210319--AKA Shaun

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    Best bike in the world but like to see the Honda's go like crap to make the championship more interesting.
    Be good to see how MM can handle a little dent in his confidence not that I think it will be a problem but be nice to see Rossi back it up the yammy seems to be going better.
    From memory last year all three boys went well (wasn't Aragon where Marquez disconnected Dani's TC?) with Rossi still off the pace. With Rossi now on pace I think (HOPE!) we may end up with all four of them dicing it out for the win.

So get your prayer beads out chaps.

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Plenty of good pics of your hero roogazza over here at Soup http://www.superbikeplanet.com/image...rino/adriatic/
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post
    Plenty of good pics of your hero roogazza over here at Soup http://www.superbikeplanet.com/image...rino/adriatic/
    Good set of pics and the comments are a good tale of the tape cheers
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post
    And a good day to sit at the compuda too Merv. Blowing its tits off here in the Horowhenua. Bit of rain every now and then.
    Good thing I voted yesterday.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Not MotoGP but then the weather is crap for riding.

For those with mobile devices, the FIM has an app which will provide full coverage of the LeMans 24 hour race this weekend. It can also be accessed on Google play, but not on my prepaid phone thanks.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Not MotoGP but then the weather is crap for riding.

For those with mobile devices, the FIM has an app which will provide full coverage of the LeMans 24 hour race this weekend. It can also be accessed on Google play, but not on my prepaid phone thanks.
    As long as your in your wifi your prepay should not be using data mate. I've gone down from a $100 a month fixed plan to a $19 prepay and still doing ok.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    As long as your in your wifi your prepay should not be using data mate. I've gone down from a $100 a month fixed plan to a $19 prepay and still doing ok.
    True. I normally only connect the phone to my own wi fi but if I watch the 24hr, which hasn't started yet, I'll use the iPad because the picture is bigger and I can see that without going cross eyed.

On second thoughts my network seems to have repaired itself somewhat so I should be able to watch it via the Apple TV. Better yet.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I think streaming starts at 8.30PM tonight our time. By then we'll likely need a break from the election coverage.

Bike
    Got my answer in an article about MM on the MotoGP site

For Rossi, his sensational win in front of an ecstatic Misano crowd came more than 18 years after his first ever GP victory in the 125cc class at Brno in 1996, making him the rider with the longest winning career of all-time in Grand Prix racing - taking this record from his friend Loris Capirossi.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    As the world sets sail for Aragon - so to speak...

Just now Nick Harris popped up on my Twitter timeline. Guess what?
    And yes I did try to be polite. Well, as polite as you can be when limited to 140 characters.

Oh, and he has a media company and included a link in his tweet.
    http://www.nick-harris.co.uk

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    As the world sets sail for Aragon - so to speak...

Just now Nick Harris popped up on my Twitter timeline. Guess what?
    And yes I did try to be polite. Well, as polite as you can be when limited to 140 characters.

Oh, and he has a media company and included a link in his tweet.
    http://www.nick-harris.co.uk
    Would have been great to be a fly on the wall pritch, were you gentle with his ego ?

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    were you gentle with his ego ?
    I did try, but the limit of 140 characters does not permit unlimited eloquence.

There's actually some interesting stuff on that website. The description of his IoM lap as a sidecar passenger is a good read.

Update: I don't know what Nick Harris thinks, but an Italian guy has "favourited" my tweet.
    Last edited by pritch; 23rd September 2014 at 19:31. Reason: update

Thread Information