Thread: MotoGP 2014

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher View Post
    Apparently this is Reedings tyre
    Holy hell its almost as bad as my enfield m2 speedmaster

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Bike
    KTM 250exc
    I've just got a new PC (ditched the outdated Mac) and want to watch the streamed GP on the Samsung smart tv, aside from running a HDMI or buying a specific 'TV' type box does anyone here do it via their home WiFi network?

I can set up to share media files etc etc (also have a ps3) but to run essentially as a second monitor I haven't come across anyone on Google I can copy yet... Any ideas? or Should I just suck it up and run a HDMI cable through the roof? The computer is not a samsung.

Bike
    1993, Honda RVF400
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by speights_bud View Post
    I've just got a new PC (ditched the outdated Mac) and want to watch the streamed GP on the Samsung smart tv, aside from running a HDMI or buying a specific 'TV' type box does anyone here do it via their home WiFi network?

I can set up to share media files etc etc (also have a ps3) but to run essentially as a second monitor I haven't come across anyone on Google I can copy yet... Any ideas? or Should I just suck it up and run a HDMI cable through the roof? The computer is not a samsung.
    I would have thought that the smart TV would have a web browser that you could use to watch via the web. But I'd that is not a goer, I just got a google chromecast, let's me view content from my phone and PC on my older (non-smart) TV via my wireless network, much like apple TV. You can't buy them in NZ, but should be able to get one sent over.

Bike
    KTM 250exc
    Quote Originally Posted by ecko_nzed View Post
    I would have thought that the smart TV would have a web browser that you could use to watch via the web. But I'd that is not a goer, I just got a google chromecast, let's me view content from my phone and PC on my older (non-smart) TV via my wireless network, much like apple TV. You can't buy them in NZ, but should be able to get one sent over.
    The TV browser doesn't seem to work with the Dorna MotoGP site, neither does the browser on my android tablet or phone. I'm guessing they have designed it deliberately that way as they have their 'live experience app' which is just dots on a map and positions/lap times.

Looks like if I want to do it Via WiFi I might need to go down the Apple tv style setup. Or just get drilling & run the HDMI cable

Bike
    1993, Honda RVF400
    Blog Entries
    Looks like if I want to do it Via WiFi I might need to go down the Apple tv style setup. Or just get drilling & run the HDMI cable
    Just beware that hdmi signals drop off over long distances

Bike
    KTM 250exc
    I think 15m from the Mancave to the bg TV in front of the fireplace should be sweet

Bike
    KTM 250exc
    I just got a google chromecast, let's me view content from my phone and PC on my older (non-smart) TV via my wireless network, much like apple TV. You can't buy them in NZ, but should be able to get one sent over.

Now Available in NZ:

http://www.fishpond.co.nz/Electronic...Fc2CvQodk40AsA

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125

My uncle has that same setup, MGP site player has memory leaks on the TV by the look of it.

Though, now you mention it, it may be possible to do a live stream from the PC screen to the TV using serviio or other DLNA type thingo; will check it out and get back to you.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Don't get that, your TV will have it built in.

Can be done just using a wireless DLNA stream, kinda tricky, but better than long HDMI cable I reckon. http://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=stream_pc
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

I just plug the display port output of my laptop into the hdmi input on the tv via a display port to hdmi apaptor from trade me. cost around 15 bucks.

motogp hd in 55 inch...sweet

its not wireless but i dont care.

Bike
    KTM 250exc
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    Don't get that, your TV will have it built in.

Can be done just using a wireless DLNA stream, kinda tricky, but better than long HDMI cable I reckon. http://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=stream_pc
    Cheers, will do some reading and see if my brain explodes or not

Bike
    Various things
    Who's gonna be buying the beer? Seeing Dovi put it on the box worries me!

Bike
    Blade '12
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Who's gonna be buying the beer? Seeing Dovi put it on the box worries me!
    Yep. Over the last 4 or 5 laps the fastest guy of the three vying for that podium spot was Smith... if his lunge at Bradl had come off who knows... Mind you it was a great recovery from Bradl and Dovi had got the gap.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonhed View Post
    Yep. Over the last 4 or 5 laps the fastest guy of the three vying for that podium spot was Smith... if his lunge at Bradl had come off who knows... Mind you it was a great recovery from Bradl and Dovi had got the gap.
    Lol. That was last years bet mate! I didn't dare go there this year.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    I think smith will show his class this year.Very few show potential to appease the masses in their first season

Thread Information