Thread: Decisions: Yamaha or Suzuki?

Bike
    2005 C50T Boulevade 800cc

Red face Decisions....Yamaha or Suzuki??

After 4 years of not riding and realizing how much I have miss it. I have decided to buy another bike. I am so excited!! However its come down to 2 choices.... Yamaha XVS 2004 1100cc with low kms or a Suzuki VS 1400 with high kms. If anyone in the Waikato has a Suzuki VS, will it be possible if I could come and look at it or if you want to come to Te Awamutu for a ride I will be so ever thankful. Would like to feel the weight etc and a look at the bike... I would be so grateful. Any comments would be appreciated, with the decision on my final choice. Cheers
    EMBRACE THE FEAR....BE BRAVE.... even if you're not, pretend to be, No one can tell the difference. NZONE

Bike
    GL1800
    Personal opinion, but I'd say the XV is a built to a higher standard, has plenty of street cred and is better looking. My wife loved her 650 Dragstar (smaller Yam cruiser) She's 5'1" and had no problem handling it - her most favourite bike looking back.

Suzuki sell more bikes - on price

Good luck
    "If you haven't grown up by the time you turn 50, you don't have to!"

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Both motors have been around for a long time, the Yam can be traced back to the XV's of the early 1980's...
    I sat/ridden both, and my preference was the XV for comfort, but the old VS1400 had a lot of grunt...
    Both will be high mileage with proper care...
    Still think my choice would err for the Yam.. but maybe I'm biased?
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike

Decisions

Thank you very much for your comment. The yamaha is a private sale and the suzuki is off a dealer....and yes these a few hundred dollars difference betwwen both bikes, and both bikes have their extras ( saddles bags, riding gears).... As a pillion passenger which of the bikes would you think be more comfortable for the pillion?? Intend to so come long rides over the summer...
    EMBRACE THE FEAR....BE BRAVE.... even if you're not, pretend to be, No one can tell the difference. NZONE

Bike
    Yamaha TDM
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayWolf View Post
    Both motors have been around for a long time, the Yam can be traced back to the XV's of the early 1980's...
    I sat/ridden both, and my preference was the XV for comfort, but the old VS1400 had a lot of grunt...
    Both will be high mileage with proper care...
    Still think my choice would err for the Yam.. but maybe I'm biased?
    as he said.. I prefer the yam
    And that is the honest truth your honour..

Bike
    Thank you so much for all of your comments... I would much prefer the yamaha as I found riding it, weight n style was similar to the suzuki C50T...but as a private sale...these no come backs. Guess thats the downfall of buying private...

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyluck View Post
    Thank you so much for all of your comments... I would much prefer the yamaha as I found riding it, weight n style was similar to the suzuki C50T...but as a private sale...these no come backs. Guess thats the downfall of buying private...
    Take the time to get 2 pre purchase checks (not one of those useless AA ones either, go to motorcycle mechanics) from different places if you're worried.
    Even a dealer can screw you over.

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyluck View Post
    if the Yam is genuine low mileage? there would be very little to be wrong.... there are 'obvious' tells that can be overlooked by sellers as to a bike being higher mileage, or not... things like worn bar grips..... so a 10k bike with worn bar grips?? could be a higher mieage with a replaced speedo (crash damaged).. worn peg rubbers etc....
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Carjam will verify the kms for a small price.

Bike
    None any more
    A Suzuki has a greater vowel range than does a Yamaha.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    The Black Pearl
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    A Suzuki has a greater vowel range than does a Yamaha.
    Aha!

Well spotted, like a leopard.
    Keep on chooglin'

Bike
    a shiny one... for now.
    What is your budget? I can recommend this one, owned by a workmate of mine and is very well looked afterhttp://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-647300243.htm

Thread Information