Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Music app for bikers

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Then you reckon wrong.
    not necessarily
    Deaf people don't usually have music playing only millimetres away from their eardrums.

It's the intrusive nature of the music being 'inside your head' that makes it a distraction and reduces the concentration you apply to what you are doing.
    that assumes everyone blasts music at full noise.

there exists no study that can conclusively conclude that music is bad for concentration, and there have been numerous studies on the effects of listening to music before and during various tasks.
    The only thing the studies can really agree on is A) it depends on the individual and B) it depends on the type if music being listened to.

But hey, if YOU find it distracting, then fine, dont listen to it!

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by tigertim20 View Post
    there exists no study that can conclusively conclude that music is bad for concentration
    It's not music itself that is the distraction.

It's the fact that it's happening only millimetres from your eardrums.

Have you ever seen pedestrians step straight out onto the road without looking, and then noticed the ipod speakers stuck in their ears?

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one

Have you ever seen pedestrians step straight out onto the road without looking, and then noticed the ipod speakers stuck in their ears?
    you missed the part about 'it depends on the person'?

Bike
    A fast one
    Back to the topic of the app...

Since the last update I've noticed some quite random freezes with the app. Sometimes mid song or even a the end of one, it will just stop and any attempt to pause/play/skip/use the app interface will freeze it up and it will force close.

I'm not sure if this is related to the unofficial 4.4 port I am using or if it is the app itself though, as I have experienced other music players such as Shuttle freezing on previous builds of 4.4.

Sorry I cannot be of more help. I'm loving this app, it's now my default music player and the widget is fantastic

Bike
    2008, Honda CBR600RR
    Blog Entries

So I'm sweet then cause mine comes out of my helmet!

Sorry The End what OS are you on?
    What's the point in living if you don't feel alive?

Toying with ones mortality shouldn't be this much fun.

Bike
    Suzuki GSX S1000
    Quote Originally Posted by The End View Post

Since the last update I've noticed some quite random freezes with the app. Sometimes mid song or even a the end of one, it will just stop and any attempt to pause/play/skip/use the app interface will freeze it up and it will force close.

I'm not sure if this is related to the unofficial 4.4 port I am using or if it is the app itself though, as I have experienced other music players such as Shuttle freezing on previous builds of 4.4.

Sorry I cannot be of more help. I'm loving this app, it's now my default music player and the widget is fantastic
    I'm getting this a bit too and I'm using 4.1.

Bike
    2005 Suzuki GZ250
    Quote Originally Posted by The End View Post

I'm getting this a bit too and I'm using 4.1.
    Yeah I've run into this a few times also - unfortunately it's always when I'm out and away from a PC where it could be debugged a lot easier, haha. Haven't been able to reproduce it reliably so far but I'm looking into it.

Glad to hear you like the widget!

Bike
    A fast one
    Quote Originally Posted by maraudingkiwi View Post
    Yeah I've run into this a few times also - unfortunately it's always when I'm out and away from a PC where it could be debugged a lot easier, haha. Haven't been able to reproduce it reliably so far but I'm looking into it.

Glad to hear you like the widget!
    I was just messing around with it now. Once it froze up, I had to force stop the app. I then re-opened it and tried to play the song it froze on and it would instantly freeze up again. Another way it froze was, if after force stopping the app, I opened the app again, chose a new song and let it play and within a few seconds skipped to another one.

Not sure if this helps sort it out or not, but hopefully it's nothing major

Bike
    A fast one
    Something else to think about - Is it possible to get the app to work with the built in equalizer? I've noticed when playing around the with stock "DSP manager" app, whenever I change the settings in it, RadioDrive doesn't pick them up and there is no difference to the sound. In other music player apps (Apollo, Google Play Music, Shuttle) they are all affected by the equalizer's settings.

It's not that much of a hassle if it can't be done, would just be one of those small things that make a difference

Bike
    Suzuki GSX S1000
    Still loving the app even with the freezes.
    A "nice to have" if possible would be a way to search for music files rather than having to scroll through evrything when looking for an album or artist who is toward the end of the alphabet.
    I 've only got around 10 gb of music on my phone at the moment and that involves quite alot of scrolling to find what I want, I'd hate to have to do it with 30 or 40 gb worth.

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    I downloaded and tried this today. great work, I think I will continue to use it.
    a couple suggestions / requests though.

I really only want to use it mostly for hearing messages. I dont care about the weather or the time. is it possible to either change how long it is between the time and weather updates, or toggle between having them and not having them at all?

second suggestion, just for a laugh, what about voice options? I recall on some GPS's (I dont own one but a friend does) you could get different voices reading out your directions, like darth vader and the like. any possibility of something like that?

otherwise, great app!

Bike
    A fast one
    Quote Originally Posted by tigertim20 View Post

I really only want to use it mostly for hearing messages. I dont care about the weather or the time. is it possible to either change how long it is between the time and weather updates, or toggle between having them and not having them at all?

You can change that in the settings menu of the app:

Bike
    2010 CB600, 2007 ZX14
    I don't know if this could even work, but would it be possible to tie it into Spotify somehow? Like, recognising when a song finishes and pausing for the notifications, etc? I stream all my music through Spotify but would really like to have an app like this going on as well!

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    cheers the end, that was easy! now i just need my mesages to be read in katy perrys voice and Im sorted

Bike
    A fast one
    Quote Originally Posted by zeocen View Post
    I don't know if this could even work, but would it be possible to tie it into Spotify somehow? Like, recognising when a song finishes and pausing for the notifications, etc? I stream all my music through Spotify but would really like to have an app like this going on as well!
    The only thing I can suggest is what I used previous to RadioDrive. I prefer RadioDrive myself but this one gets the job done to a lesser extent: SMS Listen

Thread Information