Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Music app for bikers

when is the ios version coming out?
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Bike

Bike
    CB1300
    In app lifecycle terms 2 weeks is about a year. Hardly nagging.

Stupid phone / Tapatalk, apologies in advance.

Bike
    A fast one
    Most likely due the fact I installed a custom ROM, but the voice over has gone from being a nice sounding female voice to a very robot low quality sounding male ish voice. Is this something to do with the app by any chance? I reinstalled Google Speech to Text to try and fix it but haven't had a change in voice over.

Bike
    '04 Triumph Sprint ST
    Quote Originally Posted by The End View Post
    Most likely due the fact I installed a custom ROM, but the voice over has gone from being a nice sounding female voice to a very robot low quality sounding male ish voice. Is this something to do with the app by any chance? I reinstalled Google Speech to Text to try and fix it but haven't had a change in voice over.
    Have you checked the "speech rate" settings in --> announcements --> settings?

Bike
    2005 Suzuki GZ250
    You might be able to configure the TTS engine and change the voice by going to settings > accessibility > TTS output. Failing that you could download a better tts engine from the play store. INOVA is a good one (albeit a large download).

Bike
    A fast one
    Quote Originally Posted by maraudingkiwi View Post
    You might be able to configure the TTS engine and change the voice by going to settings > accessibility > TTS output. Failing that you could download a better tts engine from the play store. INOVA is a good one (albeit a large download).

Ah yes that has fixed it. Brilliant thank you

Bike
    Suzuki GSX S1000
    Hi there. still loving the app, but..... is there any way to turn off real time announcements permanently? I never get txts that are so important that I can't wait for the song to finish and it seems to default to "on" everytime I use it. Its only a minor annoyance but a fix would be nice.
    The other thing I "need" is gapless playback. What are the chances of you implementing this? I'd pay for this feature.
    Cheers

Bike
    A fast one
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmatt View Post
    Hi there. still loving the app, but..... is there any way to turn off real time announcements permanently? I never get txts that are so important that I can't wait for the song to finish and it seems to default to "on" everytime I use it. Its only a minor annoyance but a fix would be nice.
    The other thing I "need" is gapless playback. What are the chances of you implementing this? I'd pay for this feature.
    Cheers

I̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶p̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶?̶ ̶T̶u̶r̶n̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶?̶

Nvm just read that is bugged.

@OP, when/are you going to open this app up internationally on Google Play? I'm sure you'd get a lot of downloads!

Bike
    2005 Suzuki GZ250
    The setting should be stored, if not it's a bug. I'll have a look into it when I get a chance.

As for gapless playback, noted

@TheEnd It's been available worldwide on the Play Store for a while now. It hasn't really taken off in terms of downloads like another app I've made - the reason being (probably) that I haven't done any marketing for it and it's not something that users would think to search for, at least by name. So it's really reliant on word-of-mouth to spread at present.

Also I like the background on your screenshot - custom theme?

Quote Originally Posted by The End View Post
    I̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶p̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶?̶ ̶T̶u̶r̶n̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶?̶

Nvm just read that is bugged.

@OP, when/are you going to open this app up internationally on Google Play? I'm sure you'd get a lot of downloads!

The setting should be stored, if not it's a bug. I'll have a look into it when I get a chance.

As for gapless playback, noted

@TheEnd It's been available worldwide on the Play Store for a while now. It hasn't really taken off in terms of downloads like another app I've made - the reason being (probably) that I haven't done any marketing for it and it's not something that users would think to search for, at least by name. So it's really reliant on word-of-mouth to spread at present.

any chance of the ios version? <3
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Bike
    Cbr 600Fx/Fy (F4)
    just downloaded this, great idea looking forward to try it out! will spread the word on the forums over here, id imagine it will be well received!

Bike
    A fast one

I'm running a custom ROM on my GS2 called "Resurrection Remix"

Bike
    CB1300
    Slight dredge here.
    Finally got sick enough of my free iPhone to pay for a new Android.
    App installing now.
    [Oh how I have missed Android]

Bike
    CB1300

After 1000kms

Hey guys, this is a follow-up to the poll asking whether you listen to music from your Android/iDevice while riding....
    Thanks heaps for an awesome app.

I thought you might appreciate some feedback based on the last 1000kms.

My setup for comparitive results:
    Output is to a BT Interphone (bluetooth helmet speakers and boom).
    Cellphone is a Samsung Galaxy S5 lte.
    Generally speaking I do an app kill before starting journeys but not always.
    As of halfway through my tests I have an application that kills WiFi When blutooth is connected to my helmet.
    Data remains enabled at this point because I want to be able to use Google maps on occasion, I have yet to test using your app with google maps running.

Battery:
    I turned off speed and time notices, and lengthened the time between notices for the weather, becasue it used more battery than I can spare with an hour long ride each way. With all notices at the default one way was 47% of my battery. Without speed and time notices this is now only 17% of my battery. With only one weather report per hour and another app turning off wifi when I am connected to my helmet BT unit I now use less than 10% of my battery each way.
    By way of comparison my 18 month old iPhone 4 with no advanced notices used 15-25% battery each way.

Audio:
    Works well, better than my iPhone and about the same but faster Music Player wise as my Defy with it's custom tunewiki player.
    Very little hesitation when pressing play except when it has been paused for a very long time, like Monday after leaving it paused since friday, even then very acceptable level of hesitation.

One of the drawbacks to using a bluetooth speaker set over a wired set is the second or two of feedback / hissing / crackling when you start playing music or when changing song if you are not using gapless playback. This was significantly less noticeable with your app than the default or upgrade music players that come with the S5, and miraculous compared to the iPhone.

Logic:
    Shuffling is far more random than the iPhone default music player, something I always hated about the iPhone was its lack of true random playback

Comparing apples with androids:
    The only thing my iPhone did better was it paused music when you disconnected headphones or the bluetooth, I have not tried your app with headphones but the Bluetooth unit disconnecting doesn't stop the music.
    Like when you walk into a busy open plan office and disconnect your bt and suddenly you are blaring inappropriate Music...

My bad.

I am not complaining, the only thing I would put on a wish list for this app - It would be nice to have it stop / pause on disconnect / change of output profile.

Overall thanks again for an awesome app. I don't often pay for apps... usually go without before I'll pay because of the plethora of good apps for free, but on this occasion I can see myself paying for this app if it cost to keep using it so I have made a donation for what I would expect to pay for an application of this standard.

Thread Information