Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Music app for bikers

Bike
    CB1300
    I am unable to test your product due to being on a primitive iPhone. Alas that is what work supplies. I miss my android. Far better platform for those wiling to trade a little stability for better apps and functionality. Especially being I find this thing less stable. Perhaps I ask too much of it.

You may have already covered this off, but as someone who listens to music everyday on the bike from my phone the most valuable feature would be to suppress all alerts while music is playing except those you choose to allow.

When riding I only really want call and text alerts. Maybe some of the ones you talk about your app adding, but not facebook updates, tapatalk forum posts, new mail items etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    2005 Suzuki GZ250
    You may have already covered this off, but as someone who listens to music everyday on the bike from my phone the most valuable feature would be to suppress all alerts while music is playing except those you choose to allow.

When riding I only really want call and text alerts. Maybe some of the ones you talk about your app adding, but not facebook updates, tapatalk forum posts, new mail items etc.
    The app already supports this, you can select only the alerts you want e.g. in your case by removing everything except text and call alerts

Now if you wanted to re-enable the other alerts types when you've finished your ride and are listening to music while working outside (for example), currently you'd have to go into the app and manually re-add them...

What'd be cool is having different "alert profiles" - different sets of alerts that are automatically selected depending on what you're doing. So if you're riding or driving you'd only hear text, call, and speed alerts; if you were walking or sitting you'd hear all types of alerts except speed, and so on. Android has pretty good support for detecting this sort of thing if the user allows it so it shouldn't be too difficult. Idea for a future version...

Bike
    CB1300
    That would be the ducks nuts. Might even tempt me into buying my own Android to replace my work phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    Quote Originally Posted by maraudingkiwi View Post
    @ckai
    Thanks for the feedback, glad to hear it! Feel free to rate it on the Play store as well if you've downloaded it *nudge nudge*
    Already done - 5 stars.
    I really like this app.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    Hah that would be cool. Just need to add one for 88 mph now...
    haha that's a very good point. Sometimes the sparks and crazy shit freak me out before the jump.

What'd be cool is having different "alert profiles" - different sets of alerts that are automatically selected depending on what you're doing. So if you're riding or driving you'd only hear text, call, and speed alerts; if you were walking or sitting you'd hear all types of alerts except speed, and so on. Android has pretty good support for detecting this sort of thing if the user allows it so it shouldn't be too difficult. Idea for a future version...
    This would actually be bloody cool.

Thrashed the shit out of this over the last week. Got a shock the first time the "mistress" started telling me the weather. Noticed a few things in my travels:

- On our headunit, the artist info doesn't get transmitted but the album and track name does
    - On the lockscreen, it doesn't show the album art or artist name. Just the track name.

They're pretty irrelevant for the target market and the purpose of the app, but might be good to know for the more "polished" aspect of it.

Would be cool to have either a 110 km/h warning or a user defined one. I actually find the speed notifications quite handy and unobtrusive. It means I don't need to "speedo stare" and I can actually pay attention to driving/riding. Having that top limit would make it even more better. At least it doesn't keep nagging ya when you go over

Now off to rate...

Bike
    2007,Suzuki Intruder 250
    I came across this app by accident, while looking in another part of KB.
    Have downloaded it and am really impressed so far. Will use it on the bike when I get a chance.
    Its now the only music player I use on my phone.
    One added bonus is now when my wife is driving and I'm in the co pilots seat having a beer or two, I can put the head phones in so I don't have to listen to that crap she calls music and I can have her on about what speed she's doing.

Bike
    2005 Suzuki GZ250
    @MarkH Thanks for the rating, much appreciated!

@ckai So your headunit is acting as bluetooth speakers for your android phone and displays some track data too? Awesome to hear that works as I haven't tested anything like that (my headunit is an old piece of crap with just an aux in port)

Out of interest, if you use another music player (e.g. Google Play Music) with your headunit does it display artist info then?

As for the lockscreen, it *should* display the trackname on top and album underneath as a subtitle, with previous, play/pause and next buttons under that. At least it does on my phone (running kitkat), ultimately it's up to the ROM you're running as to what's displayed. What device and android version are you running?

Yep customisable speeds are definitely in the pipeline. Glad to hear the alerts aren't annoying. Actually they could be even less annoying, currently if you hover around one of the preset speeds, the alert will be played repeatedly (albeit after a few seconds delay). I'm going to add a fix for this so alerts will only be repeated if your speed changes significantly and then back again.

And thanks for the detailed feedback, keep it coming!

@Hurley

Awesome, glad to hear it

One added bonus is now when my wife is driving and I'm in the co pilots seat having a beer or two, I can put the head phones in so I don't have to listen to that crap she calls music and I can have her on about what speed she's doing.
    Haha got a chuckle out of this...

Bike
    2005 Suzuki GZ250
    @ckai Oops. just re-read your old post saying you had a Z1

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    @ckai So your headunit is acting as bluetooth speakers for your android phone and displays some track data too? Awesome to hear that works as I haven't tested anything like that (my headunit is an old piece of crap with just an aux in port)

Out of interest, if you use another music player (e.g. Google Play Music) with your headunit does it display artist info then?

As for the lockscreen, it *should* display the trackname on top and album underneath as a subtitle, with previous, play/pause and next buttons under that. At least it does on my phone (running kitkat), ultimately it's up to the ROM you're running as to what's displayed. What device and android version are you running?

Yep customisable speeds are definitely in the pipeline. Glad to hear the alerts aren't annoying. Actually they could be even less annoying, currently if you hover around one of the preset speeds, the alert will be played repeatedly (albeit after a few seconds delay). I'm going to add a fix for this so alerts will only be repeated if your speed changes significantly and then back again.

And thanks for the detailed feedback, keep it coming!
    Yeah I'm on a Z1 with the buggy stock version of Kitkat (which there is a update for but Telecom are a bit slow with these things).

The headunit is a JVC bluetooth handsfree job. Both Google Play Music and the stock Walkman app show the info fine. Your app just shows "Unknown Artist" but with the track and album show on the screen sweet.

With lockscreen, I must have not been paying attention because it's only the album art that doesn't show. Buggered if I know why I thought more info showed. Dragging down the notification panel it shows less (see screenshots).

Like I said, kinda irrelevant to the overall use of the app but hey, if it's an easy fix it's a nice thing.

It' funny when you say about constant speed alerts. I did have this very slightly when sitting on a speed, but it still wasn't enough to want to turn it off. That was for a 30 minute trip so maybe different for a longer haul.

You done any testing with navigation commands? I keep forgetting to have a look.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RadioDrive_lock.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	137.2 KB 
ID:	296609Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PlayMusic_notification.png 
Size:	289.7 KB 
ID:	296608Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RadioDrive_notification.png 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	296610Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Walkman.jpg 
Size:	138.5 KB 
ID:	296611

Bike
    YZF-R6
    Been using the app for a couple of weeks and really have no complaints, I thought the speed alerts would be annoying but they don't bother me at all even when it's going off often as I tend to travel about 55 most of the time it doesn't worry me. Perhaps a volume control so you could make it louder in relation to the music would be nice sometimes (some music seems to drown it out a bit when listening at a low volume).

The only other suggestions I can think of would be the ability to make and switch between playlists would be nice (if this exists let me know I may just not have found it). And the ability to play the alerts without music, I often wear my headphones without listening to music because they function quite well as ear plugs or listen to the radio.

I'm impressed with it. It's easy to use, I love the speed alerts (I can guarantee I'm speeding less) and doesn't eat my data downloading album covers and shit.

All in all, better than everything else I've found for playing music while riding, now I have to get a decent car stereo so I can use it there too.

Bike
    aprilia Tuono
    Used it for the first time today. Really liked it, nice work. play store rating on it's way

Can I make a suggestion - don't preload all the music into the playlist on 1st startup. I didn't realise that tab was a playlist - I just thought it was all my music. took me a while to realise that deleting the entries on that tab would not delete all my music (in my defence I hadn't had coffee yet). Or maybe a different icon would work?

and +1 for customisable speed alerts
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen" Douglas Adams (1952-2001) - not riding a TUONO then!

Bike
    2006 Kawasaki ER-6n, 2009 CT110, NBC110
    Long shot, anyone using xposed framework able to get this going? Wondering if this is the reason why I just get force closes upon opening the app.

Bike
    '04 Triumph Sprint ST
    Quote Originally Posted by Jizah View Post
    Long shot, anyone using xposed framework able to get this going? Wondering if this is the reason why I just get force closes upon opening the app.
    Exposed framework?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Jizah View Post
    Oh yeah, forgot to post about this. That last update has killed it for me. It would crash if I tried to open the menu, then it just started crashing anytime I try and launch it. I think I sent a report through, just did another though.

Bike
    2006 Kawasaki ER-6n, 2009 CT110, NBC110
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemac View Post
    Exposed framework?
    http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.ro...osed.installer

Thread Information