Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Busa or Blackbird?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    Possible the charger will be a 600 motor for road bikes with power and torque equal to the zx10r but lighter.
    It'd be pretty fucking surprising if they make a real step up on the current crop of litre bikes. I hope they do but a stupid-er powerful hypertourer seems a lot more likely.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Eaton supercharger 1498cc motor. 310 horsepower, in there Ultra 310 jet ski......bad ass!

Seems they already run a big bore SC in the top jet ski.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Sat on a Blackbird today, was good. Later I sat on a 09 Blade. Never thought i could ride one due to an problem wrist. Wrist is now a lot better. Im stunned to say the least I got on it and felt comfortable. I think that makes the ZX12 doable with comfort. Im pretty sure a ZX12 is in my future when the right bike comes along and the funds are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    Possible the charger will be a 600 motor for road bikes with power and torque equal to the zx10r but lighter.
    That would make the rego brackets a bit of a giggle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    That would make the rego brackets a bit of a giggle
    Run the charger in reverse to suck away power for a lams bike. Swap it when you have a full licence.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    2016 GSXS 1000F
    Blog Entries
    Had the Gen2 Busa coming up to 5 years and never regretted buying it. There are a few other bikes I would like but not if that means selling the Busa; it is just so good. So there is a good reason not to buy one - hard to change out from.

My yearning is to add an Adventure/ Dual purpose, a HOG and another decent naked to replace the Speedtriple I sold. We can all dream.
    Here for the ride.

Bike
    Something red and quick
    I tried both before, ended up choosing 05 Busa.
    It handles better, more nimble, and less of a stretch to the handlebars.

But I suggest you try both. They are quite different from each other. See which one suits you better.
    Elite Fight Club - Proudly promoting common sense and safe riding since 2024
    http://1199s.wordpress.com

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    Had both, actually I owned Blackbird's (on here) blackbird and now have a busa. The Blackbird in my opinion is the nicer bike to commute on, more comfortable and bit better with stop start and splitting but also a little bit more zzz. The busa, doesn't lag far behind in the day to day usage but is hands down more fun to ride when wanting to blat around. In the end it's whichever one gives you the bigger boner.

Bike
    Repsol something or other
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Sat on a Blackbird today, was good. Later I sat on a 09 Blade. Never thought i could ride one due to an problem wrist. Wrist is now a lot better. Im stunned to say the least I got on it and felt comfortable. I think that makes the ZX12 doable with comfort. Im pretty sure a ZX12 is in my future when the right bike comes along and the funds are right.
    Dont take a 1 litre bike for a ride. That will confuse the issue. Whilst they dont have the mid range to match the black/busa/kwaka, they have a nimble jekyll and hyde personality that is hard not to love.

You want a busa, just buy one. Then when you come to your senses, you can sell it after a year and buy a CBR1000RR.

Actually, I'd also suggest trying to track down a Honda Predator (CB1000R). kinda like a hornet on steriods.

Bike
    2000 Honda Hornet 600
    Quote Originally Posted by baffa View Post
    Actually, I'd also suggest trying to track down a Honda Predator (CB1000R). kinda like a hornet on steriods.
    Yum! That is a noice bike!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by baffa View Post

Theres not a lot of difference between them. And another bike will be as well as the Hornet. Pretty set on a ZX12r.

Bike
    2001 Red, White, Blue FireBlade
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Someone explain the logic of buying a 300kph bike for 100kph speed limited roads?
    #1, it's a shedload of fun
    #2, the average car when driven by someone who isn't a muppet will do a fair amount of over 100kph
    #3, Track
    #4, overtaking
    #5, sometimes you just have to go a little crazy
    #6, it's nice knowing you've ALWAYS got more power available when you need it. On tap. Immediately.

Other than those, it's like having a ridiculously high power PC that you don't have to upgrade as often.

Bike
    CB1300

Busa or Blackbird?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Someone explain the logic of buying a 300kph bike for 100kph speed limited roads?
    For me it was the simple mathematics of being able to buy a sports styled mile muncher that was actually big enough for me. Brakes that would haul you up so fast you needed to hold on to the tank with your nuts as well as your legs was a bonus.

Add to that, I owned it for 9 years and was still able to say I felt a genuine thrill every time I started it.
    If finances weren't tight I'd still have her.

Feeling the hand of god in any gear from almost any speed is something quite special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information