Page 152 of 337 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 5043

Thread: The Bucket Foundry

Bike
    STRIKE trike & KTM300 EXC TPI
    When we made some coreboxes, we used 3 things:
    1. Wax
    2. Then PVA release agent (from fibreglass suppliers)
    3. Air pressure. With a hole roughly in the centre of the mould, blow shop air in. If you haven't got a hole, then drill down til you reach the interface. Can come off with as bang, so some caution required. What time will you be doing it, so I can go outside to listen.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_5212.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	191.4 KB 
ID:	322794

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Spare afternoon, still needs a filler plug hole, water pump lug and some sacrificial lugs around the sides so as to be able to hold the casting on the mill bed for machining. Cut off once they have done their job. And a bit more sanding / painting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5534.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	514.9 KB 
ID:	323156   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5533.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	497.4 KB 
ID:	323155   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5531.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	420.5 KB 
ID:	323152   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5532.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	374.5 KB 
ID:	323153   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5535.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	525.6 KB 
ID:	323157   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5536.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	489.6 KB 
ID:	323158  

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    More of the same. I've drawn up the flywheel case so might have a go at machining it from solid.

Name:	IMG_5537.JPG 
Size:	460.9 KB 
ID:	323159   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5538.JPG 
Size:	441.2 KB 
ID:	323160   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5539.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	547.3 KB 
ID:	323161   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5540.JPG 
Size:	491.7 KB 
ID:	323162  

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    More of the same. I've drawn up the flywheel case so might have a go at machining it from solid.
    That clutch almost doubles the size of that engine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Hooser, it's for good reason.

When you double the power, you need a doubly strong clutch.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    That clutch almost doubles the size of that engine.
    If all went to plan at least one of the cylinders to test on this bottom end might push 50HP (probably not if I'm involved) but with the right person on the tuning end it's possible. So a big clutch might be useful and that's why a 250T gearbox.

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    If all went to plan at least one of the cylinders to test on this bottom end might push 50HP (probably not if I'm involved) but with the right person on the tuning end it's possible. So a big clutch might be useful and that's why a 250T gearbox.
    All great stuff no doubt ..........but who is knowledgeable enough on these prototypes to be able to tune them?
    I think that in the case of the sleeve valve prototype, the expert is long gone, as is the originator of the idea for the (proposed ?) geared crank!
    The builder of the original prototype (which no doubt inspired the other one - ie. Frits) is half a world away thinking up more ways and means I guess!
    Also the other guy working with the spinoff is way way across the Tassie (+ the width of Aussie! - ie Ken)
    So good old NZ is just waiting to see what happens and I'm sure we'll (at least all the bucketeers and experimenters) be supporting you as always and as always, I could be wrong!

It's all up to you Flettner!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Sacrificial lugs for attaching to the mill bed to facilitate machining, raised part for the CNC to engrave on, filler plug lug and a pad for the water pump attachment. I want to use different pumps for different engines. Here I will use the double scroll for the sleeve engine. Paint, sand, then cast.
    Opps, I see this pump is the wrong direction, just mirror image on the computer and get the CNC to cut an opposite one.

Name:	IMG_5556.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	422.5 KB 
ID:	323277   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5555.JPG 
Size:	399.2 KB 
ID:	323278   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5554.JPG 
Size:	415.8 KB 
ID:	323279  

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Finished, can't be bothered to set up the foundry for this one item (in the rain). I'll send this one out. But I will be casting some cylinders soon in LM13 when the weather get's a bit better. FOS / Ryger hybrid and a two exhaust port 160cc cylinder with just otherwise normal modern porting. And perhaps another unspecified cylinder, will only take pictures if the owner (of the patterns) allows.

Name:	IMG_5557.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	389.2 KB 
ID:	323340   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5558.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	445.2 KB 
ID:	323341  

Bike
    Fletto, good to see more foundry stuff coming thru. Quick question, is that just grey primer surfacer you have used or something special?

Slider cylinder. Sort of coming along. Has now been plated and on its way back from NZ Cylinder, somewhere down south in Antarctica. Now the bottom end is complete with mains and seals, bit of mucking around with seal sleeves and getting the end float right, as the crank and crankcases are from different engines.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_5264.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	383.4 KB 
ID:	323343

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    What kind of third world (engineeringly) do we live in here in NZ. Rencast, not available now (for patternmaking). Can only get it out of Australia at 12 sets ($380 a set) in one order, and it has a shelf life. So I order a new product called ??? not sure, only to find it's been on the shelf for soo long that it's all gone hard. Tomorrow I'm going to ring around pattern making shops, if there are any left, and find out what they use.
    I think the Fiberglass Shop might have something similar but you have to order and wait a lifetime. This is just bull shit!
    Ok rant over, I see Smoothon EpoxAcast 655 might do the trick, low shrinkage, very important But I think you have to order and wait.

Bike
    husaberg
    What kind of third world (engineeringly) do we live in here in NZ. Rencast, not available now (for patternmaking). Can only get it out of Australia at 12 sets ($380 a set) in one order, and it has a shelf life. So I order a new product called ??? not sure, only to find it's been on the shelf for soo long that it's all gone hard. Tomorrow I'm going to ring around pattern making shops, if there are any left, and find out what they use.
    I think the Fiberglass Shop might have something similar but you have to order and wait a lifetime. This is just shit!
    Ok rant over, I see Smoothon EpoxAcast 655 might do the trick, low shrinkage, very important But I think you have to order and wait.
    Give me the product number Yoda

https://www.freemansupply.com/produc...undry-urethane
    https://www.freemansupply.com/produc...tools-supplies

I thought you meant the resin sand for a minute, but that's macrbo or something isn't it.
    https://www.acornmodels.co.nz/produc...e-corporation/
    http://www.nzfibreglass.co.nz/2015/
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    I think the Fiberglass Shop might have something similar but you have to order and wait a lifetime. This is just bull shit!
    I have some if you are in the shit
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    O well, I sent the clutch case pattern to Neals Foundry in Porirua, asked for three units (in CC601) in the end and they have a rumbler for a nice finish. I have to head down to Porirua in the next week or two so I'll call in and pick the castings up and have a look around their facility. Yow Ling, thank you, but you will use that Rencast. It's worth gold now! I've found a product from the Fiberglass shop so I'll give that a try.
    Out of interest, the Rencast is real nice because it does not shrink when it sets but in fact as it gets old and past it's best use by date (hang on we are talking about Rencast here aren't we?) it's reaction gets hotter as it sets. When mixed with micro balloons filler, the air inside these micro balloons expands and the resin ozzes out the pouring hole. if this new resin shrinks then this might be a way of mitigating the shrinkage problem, maybe?

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Does that expansion not deform the pattern as the filler hole area sets?

Thread Information