Page 172 of 337 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 5043

Thread: The Bucket Foundry

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    Pull start total weight is the same as YZ 250 kick start leaver on it's own.
    Man, you need a better camera. It seems that new Samsung Note 7 smartphones can be had for little money
    How about starting effort? Does it need more jerks than kicks?

Bike
    Yours eh, ka pai.
    Me too, I've been pondering over a modern triple myself. Every time I get enthusiastic I remember all the unfinished projects
    But In saying that I do have an interested party that want's one (as well as me) so the design process continues. First it was going to be a 1050cc three using my own cylinders off the 700 twin gyro engine, but then it got down graded to a 700 twin (with a balance shaft). BUT now it's down graded again to 480 three. I'm building a 160cc (58 x 58 ) cylinder to suit this bottom end bolted in the YZ250 frame, with just standard, modern, port arrangement (two versions, one a bridged port and one a single with eye ports). So three times 160 cylinders but in a line? Firing the two outside cylinders together and the middle one 180 degrees later, (better for mechanical balance) or turn it into a V?
    I'm keen on the three in line as it will be easier to make, center cylinder pointing backwards, water cooled cases, possible EFI too.
    But this is all just dream land at the moment.
    You know I do have these patterns here for a rotary valve 700 tandem twin engine (ex gyro engine ), can't help day dreaming about that as a street bike. Thin and lite, goobs of power
    Might be 153cc, not 160cc opps.

A cast block Kawasaki KR 750 triple:
    http://kawasakitriples.myfastforum.o...bout10413.html

Ok not new, & not even reed valve, let alone power valve, but a bit of thought seems to have been
    put into aligning the transfers for decent area, which was one of the H2 750 roadbike/H2R F750 racebike shortfalls.

Incidentally, having read the head casting posts, I note that a German bloke is making new-cast replacements
    for the crack-prone H2, with current tech combustion chamber design reportedly worth +!0% power as a bolt on.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    How about starting effort? Does it need more jerks than kicks?
    Haven't started it yet but the pull start works well, it will start. I wouldn't want to be trying to start it with a weak ignition though. I think everything is in place to hammer it out this weekend and get some sort of (running round the yard) result.

Got a Robin engine starter, got it home and realized it turned the engine backwards. Bugger, but with some careful redesigning and flipping some parts over it works fine now, there is always a way.

Bike
    Yours eh, ka pai.

Pull the other one...

Seems those pull-starts for bikes are 'the new black'..

http://www.bikebound.com/2016/10/17/gatto-nero/

Bike
    GPR150
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemi Makutu View Post
    A cast block Kawasaki KR 750 triple:
    http://kawasakitriples.myfastforum.o...bout10413.html

Ok not new, & not even reed valve, let alone power valve, but a bit of thought seems to have been
    put into aligning the transfers for decent area, which was one of the H2 750 roadbike/H2R F750 racebike shortfalls.

Incidentally, having read the head casting posts, I note that a German bloke is making new-cast replacements
    for the crack-prone H2, with current tech combustion chamber design reportedly worth +!0% power as a bolt on.
    thats a nice peice of work !
    i'm over buckets

Bike
    Yours eh, ka pai.

Maybe you guys should be selling your wares?

This bloke makes some nice stuff, but seems a tad pricey: https://sso-bikes.de/shop

( & suppose you could cover those Kawasaki engine rattles by that bloody Ducati dry clutch racket)

Bike
    Yours eh, ka pai.

Sleeve valve FI, port vs DI.

This article from ' Flight' ~ 60 years ago, discusses merits of injection tech on a large SV aero-engine.

http://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchi...0-%201630.html

( & aren't those lovely 'organic' look exhaust manifolds a real work of the engineer's art!)

Bike
    STRIKE trike & KTM300 EXC TPI
    After a lot of distractions, am able to now get back into it. Have to flare (well more of a long taper, bit of a compromise I know Frits) the pipes a bit in the straight exit length, then do the cones. The final system will be 3 vertical ups, with the tailpipes bent so they are horizontal, all facing in the same direction. This means the actual chamber sections can just be straight. During the wait for the laser cut blanks, can get back into the dyno restoration.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20161023_17_29_11_Pro_LI.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	425.6 KB 
ID:	325247

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by ken seeber View Post
    After a lot of distractions, am able to now get back into it. Have to flare (well more of a long taper, bit of a compromise I know Frits) the pipes a bit in the straight exit length, then do the cones. The final system will be 3 vertical ups, with the tailpipes bent so they are horizontal, all facing in the same direction. This means the actual chamber sections can just be straight. During the wait for the laser cut blanks, can get back into the dyno restoration.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20161023_17_29_11_Pro_LI.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	425.6 KB 
ID:	325247
    The El Toros.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Close Hooser, but not close enough. Your little bull has only 2 horns, unless......

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by ken seeber View Post
    Close Hooser, but not close enough. Your little bull has only 2 horns, unless......
    After 68 years I finally realize where the english expression horny comes from

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    After 68 years I finally realize where the english expression horny comes from
    Hahaha, very good Frits. It just shows that you young fellers still have a bit to learn. Give it a couple more years and you’ll be there.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI

It lives again. I've been around the yard on it now, timing is retarded and it's as rich as hell but it goes under it's own steam. Tick, done, throw it in the corner. Next project.

Bike
    Yours eh, ka pai.

Bloody Marvellous!

Splendid effort F, stay on it!

(& by "timing is retarded..." do you mean ignition, or valve?)

Bike
    Exercycle

It lives again. I've been around the yard on it now, timing is retarded and it's as rich as hell but it goes under it's own steam. Tick, done, throw it in the corner. Next project.
    Well done. Now give it to someone to develop....and get on with the next project.

Thread Information