Page 25 of 337 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bucket Foundry

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Flettner,
    Found the book on broaching, quite detailed really, I don't think I'll need it now! - you can have it (for free), ie. if you're interested and think it might be of use to you.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Thank you. I could swap you for a 60L drum if you like, I have access to a couple.
    I've been thinking about your broaching 316 S/S, not fun. We do a little, mostly in 304, nice and soft. I've imagined a pull broach machine, just use a 2meter length of hydraulic cylinder tube with the cylinder head half way up. In other words use the cylinder tube as the body of the entire machine, simple, straight forward and easy to build. Would need two ( or maybe one ) access slots to get at the pull broach.
    Machined two crank halves this afternoon, these are for the sleeve engine, there is extra material on the side of the crank wheels for the eccentric drives. These will be manufactured on the CNC when I'm machining the crank pin hole and the counter weight holes. This engine WILL need a counter ballance shaft as there is a lot of material offset on the crank pin side of the wheels.

This is the beginning of one half of the 360 engine crank shaft, 4140. Although I would rather get on with the case patterns tomorrow if there is time.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Hey! How many of those 'the biz' CR flywheels are you going to burn through?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    Thank you. I could swap you for a 60L drum if you like.

I've imagined a pull broach machine, just use a 2 meter length of hydraulic cylinder tube with the cylinder head half way up. In other words use the cylinder tube as the body of the entire machine, simple, straight forward and easy to build. Would need two ( or maybe one ) access slots to get at the pull broach.

That's not a bad idea, those drums are more or less right for a furnace!
    I will be going to Raglan soon maybe within the next week and I could possibly pick it up, (if that's ok).

Making your own sounds feasible, wouldn't really be too difficult to do, - hardest thing would be buying broaches (probably cost an arm and a leg) for every spline you'd be wanting to make!

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    My number, 07 8241978 Neil

todays effort

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Hey! How many of those 'the biz' CR flywheels are you going to burn through?
    Same unit round and around. I had three but have sold two now. I do have a number of Wobbly's larger units ( 100mm ), off an Indian scooter I think.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    yeah they're nice huh?

Love to see how these engines come out.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    yeah they're nice huh?

Love to see how these engines come out.
    Me too.
    Never mind, I'm having fun pissing around with them anyway.

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    How did you cut out those MDF profiles - with a CNC mill or router?

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    I use the CNC because it's easy but I could be making them using the bobin sander ( it has a table that can be set at three dgrees ), if the CNC wasn't available.
    That MDF is actually Armor board, machines way better than MDF.

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    I use the CNC because it's easy but I could be making them using the bobin sander ( it has a table that can be set at three dgrees ), if the CNC wasn't available.
    That MDF is actually Armor board, machines way better than MDF.
    So I'm guessing three degrees you mention will be the 'draught' or 'draft' required for the easy withdrawl of the pattern?

PS I'll mail the broaching book and a couple of PDF's on torsional vibration which I had lost- I only just found them on my computer the other day.
    Can't figure out how to put a PDF on the forum and couldn't get them to print big enough either, but no doubt you'll have decent glasses!
    This stuff may or may not be of interest to you - but I don't really need it anymore.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by WilDun View Post
    So I'm guessing three degrees you mention will be the 'draught' or 'draft' required for the easy withdrawl of the pattern?

PS I'll mail the broaching book and a couple of PDF's on torsional vibration which I had lost- I only just found them on my computer the other day.
    Can't figure out how to put a PDF
    Attachments next to the smiley faces.if you hover your curser next to the functions they tell you what they are On go advanced rather than simple reply, max size 2mb I think.
    Of course you can copy the plain text out of a pdf and post as text etc as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imagesULDSP73R.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	299446  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Attachments next to the smiley faces.if you hover your curser next to the functions they tell you what they are On go advanced rather than simple reply, max size 2mb I think.
    Of course you can copy the plain text out of a pdf and post as text etc as well.
    Can't get it to accept a PDF and when I convert it to text it is much too big to put into a reply!
    Also it's got FA to do with bikes really and that may not be appreciated on this forum.

Oh, and don't put anything any more sexy on than that short movie you put on, - I've got my old ticker to think about!

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Thankyou Will, I've just recived the broaching book you sent me, fascinating, information in there I didn't even know to ask. A comprehensive book well worth reading, seems my pull broach machine design might work after all, thank you again.
    I'll have to organise to get this 60L drum up to you.

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Thankyou Will, I've just recived the broaching book you sent me, fascinating, information in there I didn't even know to ask. A comprehensive book well worth reading, seems my pull broach machine design might work after all, thank you again.
    I'll have to organise to get this 60L drum up to you.
    Happy it was of use to you, -
    Yes prob still interested in the drum but no rush - got to get this other thing of mine working well first (I've been away for a few days) so will maybe get it fired up tomorrow or Wed.
    Let me know how much for the drum, courier etc. ie when you've got hold of it and I'll send the cash on.
    (I don't expect anything for the book by the way, just glad someone was interested enough to use it!).

Thread Information