Page 98 of 337 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 5043

Thread: The Bucket Foundry

Bike
    Yamaha F1ZR, Kawasaki Ninja 150R
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    Wood, yes cheap (free) and available, unlike money, It does grow on trees.
    The Ryger style cylinder has been slow lately (work keeps getting in the way) but here is one of the water cores ( less the core prints ). I will be making a core box from this shape.
    Also fitted the charging coils and fly wheel to the sleeve engine. I've decided I'm going to just get the sleeve engine running without the gearbox for the moment. A bit of a wast of time but but I just want to hear it run (or not). Also have several other cylinders lined up to test on this bottom end, one being a bastardisation of Frit's FOS. I'm glad I waited to finish the FOS as now there will some changes I've learn't from the Ryger saga.
    By the way, if anyone out there has a YZ250 engine (and or gaerbox) for sale I'm interested. I think 2002 to 2007 model? This gearbox will be fitted to the sleeve engine.
    Yes, cheap & free.
    Some good links :
    http://www.kartbook.net/group/vintag...e=199#comments

http://www.dea-engineering.com/?p=427

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Arifidyan View Post
    Yes, I've made the crankcase, no gearbox. Piston block is unfinished, I still improve its pattern.
    That's good, I see you are well on the way already, I need to keep going on my projects because you are getting way ahead of me!
    Please keep us informed on how you are progressing.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Screw in head made, just need the water cover. I have video of it being turned over as a compressor, air going in the reed and out the exhausts but I don't know how to load it? A whole new level (for me anyway). When I say video, I am talking about filming from my new phone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151007_125049.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	719.0 KB 
ID:	316395  

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Screw in head made, just need the water cover. I have video of it being turned over as a compressor, air going in the reed and out the exhausts but I don't know how to load it? A whole new level (for me anyway). When I say video, I am talking about filming from my new phone.
    Looking Good, load the video to YouTube then post a link here.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Looking Good, load the video to YouTube then post a link here.
    Ha Ha, I can't even get it out of the phone
    I'll ask one of the younger ones this evening, they will know how.

Bike
    husaberg
    Ha Ha, I can't even get it out of the phone
    I'll ask one of the younger ones this evening, they will know how.
    You can down load the phone direct to the PC either though blue tooth or using the mini USB port.
    you will need to turn on this function on your phone assuming your computer is less than 6 years old it should work.
    You will need to then upload the video to youtube or similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    What? Anyway I found it on youtube.https://youtu.be/of-c2dUnb3k

Bike
    bsa. honda. aprilia
    What? Anyway I found it on youtube.https://youtu.be/of-c2dUnb3k
    flettner, what kind of port timings have you gone with on the sleeve?

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by breezy View Post
    flettner, what kind of port timings have you gone with on the sleeve?
    What do you port a non supercharged sleeve valve? I went 192 exhaust and 130 inlet, see what happens? I could have out of phased the valve, say six degrees leed but I haven't on this first one. I'm more interested to see if it's going to seize.

Bike
    husaberg
    What do you port a non supercharged sleeve valve? I went 192 exhaust and 130 inlet, see what happens? I could have out of phased the valve, say six degrees leed but I haven't on this first one. I'm more interested to see if it's going to seize.
    Seize, the moment it does, let us know.
    I think you could have gone even more conservative that's probably pretty racy timing as it has a fair bit of blowdown with the Sleeve set up anyway doesn't it Neil?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    The writing is on the wall (has been for a long time), I have to start to CAD draw stuff. Here is last nights hack. The water cover for the sleeve engine.
    I've owned this Geometric Designs software for a while but it's been too difficult to turn it on. Seem to find somthing else to do rather than learn (age I guess). Also when I do start to use it, it gets so frustrating I just go and make the part without a drawing. For a while there I thought what a wast of money but now I see it's usefullness. I'll have a go at 3D cutting the part out on the CNC this weekend.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails water cover.pdf  

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    The writing is on the wall (has been for a long time), I have to start to CAD draw stuff.
    For a while there I thought what a wast of money but now I see it's usefullness. I'll have a go at 3D cutting the part out on the CNC this weekend.
    Yes, I guess it's inevitable and like everything else we are content with what we have and don't feel like starting again, but seeing as you have good CNC equipment I think it's a very good idea to use it in conjunction with your draughting program - coreboxes and patterns made 10 times more quickly than previously! (and it'll be great for when you aren't able to throw a leg over a bike anymore).

I have only got an old engraving machine which I bought when I was laid up, in case I wasn't able to work again but that's not really much use for anything else.

Like you, I have a 3D drawing program, it's probably more basic than your's (but still quite good) - the 3D part I haven't really caught up with yet (maybe never will).

It's probably too late for me to learn anyway!

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by WilDun View Post
    Yes, I guess it's inevitable and like everything else we are content with what we have and don't feel like starting again, but seeing as you have good CNC equipment I think it's a very good idea to use it in conjunction with your draughting program - coreboxes and patterns made 10 times more quickly than previously! (and it'll be great for when you aren't able to throw a leg over a bike anymore).

I have only got an old engraving machine which I bought when I was laid up, in case I wasn't able to work again but that's not really much use for anything else.

Like you, I have a 3D drawing program, it's probably more basic than your's (but still quite good) - the 3D part I haven't really caught up with yet (maybe never will).

It's probably too late for me to learn anyway!
    Never to late.

See here the inner part 3D machined out, oring even fits. Out side is more tricky, I'll have a hack at that tomorrow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151009_164531.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	714.9 KB 
ID:	316441  

Bike
    Honda NSR300 track hack
    Never to late.

See here the inner part 3D machined out, oring even fits. Out side is more tricky, I'll have a hack at that tomorrow.
    What CAM software are you running Flettner?

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy_Racer View Post
    What CAM software are you running Flettner?
    Gibbs CAM, I mostly just use the two and a half D, although it is full 3D capable. My worker, Phillip is real good at the 3D stuff, he is teaching me.

Thread Information