Page 171 of 1079 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271671 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 16171

Thread: Optimistic sellers

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Looks ike a E to me arround 80-81
    A year either side is pretty irelevent as its when they are first registered.......What am i missing?
    the rego date is not the year of manufacture.the year of manufacture is the most important information not when it was wheeled of the showroom floor.You could have a gsx1100 that sat on a showrrom floor for years,it doesnt automatically turn into the next model

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    the rego date is not the year of manufacture.the year of manufacture is the most important information not when it was wheeled of the showroom floor.You could have a gsx1100 that sat on a showrrom floor for years,it doesnt automatically turn into the next model
    Yeah totally I understand that, but on the rego they normally give the year its first sold.
    For instance I once had a 1968 Ford Anglia it said so on the papers. I sincerely doubt it was made in 1968.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Yeah totally I understand that, but on the rego they normally give the year its first sold.
    For instance I once had a 1968 Ford Anglia it said so on the papers. I sincerely doubt it was made in 1968.
    If a vintage vehicle is restored to road legal condition from a wreck ... is the rego listed as the year it was made legal or the year it was built ... ???
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    If a vintage vehicle is restored to road legal condition from a wreck ... is the rego listed as the year it was made legal or the year it was built ... ???
    Only that is not what we were discussing.
    I have been through that process, it wasn't easy, it needed a JP to sign it off, as it had no original ownership papers.
    It was given an appropriate year of manufacturer based on its engine and frame numbers. These were both verified and checked off against a classic register run by a third party.
    It was then sadly given a new rego number. A huge modern ugly plate, even though we knew the old plate number. As the original was still attached to the mudguard front guard.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Africa Twin DCT.
    But it could have been based on new production for the 1968 year starting in late 1967 to the same time in late 1968.
    Little different to Suzuki, if the stamped VIN date was in the period Oct 2015 to Sep 2016 it would deemed as a 2015 model right up to the last day of Sep and if sold after that date even as new would be a run out model and would say so on the ownership papers.
    British bikes were the same (build starting end of August-iirc) my 74 Commando has VIN DEC 73, my 71 Commando VIN MAR 71.
    That is one catch with buying a new bike, you might buy it in 2016 but if the VIN date is the 9th month 2015 or earlier will mean the papers will most likely say 2015 model but the dealer will not tell you that.
    A good reason to look carefully at the VIN plate and buy early in the new build year.

Bike
    Africa Twin DCT.
    I managed to find a good (excellent) camshaft for a Moto Guzzi Eldorado before Christmas and it took a long time.
    Typically once you find one plenty come up for sale and at a great price.
    This optimistic seller has three.
    I'm sure those lobes and journal surfaces will buff out.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vintage-M...sAAOSwX~dWh5JU

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by TLDV8 View Post
    I managed to find a good (excellent) camshaft for a Moto Guzzi Eldorado before Christmas and it took a long time.
    Good price for a usable core suitable for a regrind. If you're building an early Guzzi race motor, finding a usable cam with a good gear on it at that price is a bonus....

Bike
    Between bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by TLDV8 View Post

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vintage-M...sAAOSwX~dWh5JU
    Since when is 70's 'vintage'?
    "It's hard to keep an open mind, when so many people are trying to put things in it"

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Erelyes View Post
    Since when is 70's 'vintage'?
    40 years old is pretty fucken vintage.

Bike
    Between bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    40 years old is pretty fucken vintage.
    1920s and 1930s are fucken vintage. 1970s is just classic.
    "It's hard to keep an open mind, when so many people are trying to put things in it"

Bike
    suzuki
    up till 1918 is veteran, 1930 vintage, it's the time when things changed a lot, up till the end of 18 no-one in the automotive world was moving far forward, it was wartime and they were doing volume, any development really was going into military shit, ditto for 1930, it was the depression and things weren't moving just surviving.
    at least that's how the automotive world veiws it, the then prewar and postwar.....

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    up till 1918 is veteran, 1930 vintage, it's the time when things changed a lot, up till the end of 18 no-one in the automotive world was moving far forward, it was wartime and they were doing volume, any development really was going into military shit, ditto for 1930, it was the depression and things weren't moving just surviving.
    at least that's how the automotive world veiws it, the then prewar and postwar.....
    Anything their local shop won't work on, the yanks call Vintage....And yes, that ad was English so he should have known better.

Bike
    2015 Suzuki Wee-Strom
    TradeMe uses different definitions.

If is generally lookng battered then it's 'used' and so is to be listed with a starting price of 10% less than the current best new price.
    If it's got rust or the chrome is bubling then it's 'retro' and so is worth 20-40% more than RRP of equivalent
    If 'retro' and still actually usable (ie not broken beyond all repair) then it's 'rare' AND 'retro' and so is to be listed with a start price of double top of the range new list price.
    If complete POS where it's all degraded to the point that you really can't tell what it originlly was, then it's 'collectable' and you can put as many 0s on the stating price and reserve as you can be arsed to type.

Bike
    Yo momma
    , it needed a JP to sign it off,.
    You cunts really are in the dark ages!!!

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    You cunts really are in the dark ages!!!
    Well there are few here that believe in Unicorns............
    Are you guys over there still voting for Donald H̶a̶i̶r̶p̶i̶e̶c̶e̶Trump?
    Funny enough you still have sheriffs..........
    Last edited by husaberg; 4th January 2016 at 18:47. Reason: okay so do we but its only a courtroom tittle
    I reminder distinctly .

Thread Information