Thread: Back on two wheels (Cervus time)

Bike
    2003,Suzuki dr650

Back on two wheels (Cervus time)

Hi all

From the sunny Hawkes bay, I just got back on two wheels, Second hand DR650..... Wife two kids and a mortgage wasn't much left in the kitty.....

Every now and then I find some change down the back of the couch and get to go for a ride.

Been away from the Bay for awhile, nearly cried when I found out the Napier Taihape road had been entirely tar sealed!

Bike
    Depends on the ride.
    Hey there Dustin.
    Just spotted your post.
    The dr is a great all rounder.
    Should be good for a ride up to the Bluegum car park.
    Have a fish and a hunt on 20m flat. Strap the bugger on the back and home via the Puketap is a great day!
    Tip take some extra petrol and use a nimph.

Bike
    2003,Suzuki dr650
    Hi Mo

I like the way you think! Would be a massive rainbow to need to strap it on the back

Been looking into best way to carry the .270.....

I was up their on Sunday, on four wheels tho. Spotted a couple of guys on Dakars with knobbies I really should of had a chat. Had a quick spin fish got two littlies dropped a reasonable one after a couple of jumps, wife and kids ran out of patience and had to get going.

I'm enjoying the DR it's a bit of a step down from the xt660z but a great bike. I do take an extra 5 lt in the top box just to be sure I'm not pushing!

Had a good solo ride on Saturday went over the Gentle Annie turned right up the desert, turned left and up the tukino ski field road was rainy and cold like another world up their, gate was closed, I was tempted to ride around it but sensibly thought best not to.

Thread Information