Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The more I see one, the more I want it

Bike
    2014 Uuki gw250 with yoshi exhaust :)

eek The more I see one, the more I want it

Been seeing the 2013 cb500f about and had a sit on one and I felt comfortable on it compared to my dr650, question is... Is it worth upgrading? The Dr only has 9850 ish kms on it and is super tidy, but not exactly road friendly for me as I'm a short are and have to slump over one side to get a flat foot down, though is much easier to handle on its new road tyrea, no such issue on the cb... I think the Dr is worth about 8k on the current market as well, what's others views?

Bike
    1999 Honda Hornet CB600FX
    Hat a sit on the CB500f the other day at the toy run. It now battles directly against the Duke 390 on top of my list for my next bike (in a few years or after winning the lotto, whatever comes first lol)

So yes, go for the Honda.

Doesn't sound like you would miss the DR650 much anyway. Only keeping a bike because it is newish and tidy seems like a waste of time you could better spend on a bike you love and you're happy with.
    ---------------------------
    Disclaimer: Any lapses in spelling, tact, or fact are transmission errors.
    ---------------------------

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by matrox02 View Post
    compared to my dr650, question is... Is it worth upgrading?
    No.

I think the Dr is worth about 8k on the current market as well, what's others views?
    You're dreaming; they're only $9k for a brand new one.

Bike
    Sounds like sound advice, though that could be because that's what I want to hear haha, I'll take one out for a test ride tomorrow and then think it over good and proper, the another thing is that the Dr is lighter but feels like it takes up a lot of space, didn't feel like that on my cbr250 that I had a while ago so I'm hoping to find a happy medium between them

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender EnZed View Post
    No.

You're dreaming; they're only $9k for a brand new one.
    That's true, its 9k for a brand new one + orc, so what's it actually worth? Iv recently seen a rough as guts one sell for 7500 and had 30k on the clock, and the reason its not worth upgrading?

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    I went from my single f650 to a CB500X...different but the same. I was surprised by how much 'squirt' there is in the throttle compared to the lazy/roll-on acceleration of the f650, it's actually quite touchy I find. Moar gear changing required at higher speeds though to get any decent acceleration (for overtaking, anyway).

I've got 4000k on mine now, I can't fault the way it has performed for me, except...the whole package is staring to feel a little 'anaemic' now, maybe a little lacking on the personality front. It was a practical decision for me, maybe I should have been a little less sensible about it.

I have to say though that the seat on mine is the most comfortable seat I think I've ever sat on, no numbness at all for me, the F seat might be different though.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by nerrrd View Post
    I went from my single f650 to a CB500X...different but the same. I was surprised by how much 'squirt' there is in the throttle compared to the lazy/roll-on acceleration of the f650, it's actually quite touchy I find. Moar gear changing required at higher speeds though to get any decent acceleration (for overtaking, anyway).

I've got 4000k on mine now, I can't fault the way it has performed for me, except...the whole package is staring to feel a little 'anaemic' now, maybe a little lacking on the personality front. It was a practical decision for me, maybe I should have been a little less sensible about it.

I have to say though that the seat on mine is the most comfortable seat I think I've ever sat on, no numbness at all for me, the F seat might be different though.
    Yeah I saw your F650 up for sale at Botany when you had swapped, Was kinda interested in your thoughts about it,yeah i can see that it would feel that way after a while, and the cb500f seat is spectacular, I wont need to lose a gel seat on a long trip with this one :P

Bike
    That's true, its 9k for a brand new one + orc, so what's it actually worth? Iv recently seen a rough as guts one sell for 7500 and had 30k on the clock, and the reason its not worth upgrading?
    I'd imagine you'd need to shell out roughly $5k in addition to your DR in order to get yourself a slightly heavier bike with no extra power that you can't take as many places. You could get a pretty flash seat for the DR for a lot less than that.

You mentioned the height of the DR is a bit of an issue; is yours already adjusted to the lowest setting?

Bike
    I'd imagine you'd need to shell out roughly $5k in addition to your DR in order to get yourself a slightly heavier bike with no extra power that you can't take as many places. You could get a pretty flash seat for the DR for a lot less than that.

You mentioned the height of the DR is a bit of an issue; is yours already adjusted to the lowest setting?
    Yes, at leased without going for an extended cross link thing, and im not worried about not being able to take it as many places, I have a Dirt bike for that :P, otherwise yeah, same power and an extra 30 kgs heavier, but more torque, so should even out? Im not really after speed, and the dr isnt as good as road use as the cb unless i convert to 17's and thats expensive :S

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250

What he said,tis your $ and do as you wish but doesnt seem to me your gaining anything...at all.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    Im not really after speed, and the dr isnt as good as road use as the cb unless i convert to 17's and thats expensive :S
    Is there something about the way the DR rides you don't like or are you just after a change?

Is them both being LAMS approved just a coincidence or are you only considering learner legal bikes?

Bike
    Go have a ride on a CB anyway. That'll probably answer your question.

Bike
    Is there something about the way the DR rides you don't like or are you just after a change?

Is them both being LAMS approved just a coincidence or are you only considering learner legal bikes?
    Yeah, I dont liek the way the Dr handles, feels too top heavy, and doesnt filter well through traffic with me, I didnt mind it at first and thought it was just because i was coming from a sports bike and ill learn to get used to it, but nah, even with the road tires I don't like how it corners, and its not a coincidence, I was looking at only learners, I looked at the suzuki gsx650fu as well but that thing feels un neededly large

Bike
    Yeah, I dont liek the way the Dr handles, feels too top heavy, and doesnt filter well through traffic with me, I didnt mind it at first and thought it was just because i was coming from a sports bike and ill learn to get used to it, but nah, even with the road tires I don't like how it corners, and its not a coincidence, I was looking at only learners, I looked at the suzuki gsx650fu as well but that thing feels un neededly large
    Eh, Naf that noise, Decided its best just to wait the rest of my license out then actually look at alll my options, thanks for your advises otherwise

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Rode with a guy on saturday who was on a 2014 model CB500F. Handles wickedly well, and he reckons he was having more fun on that than his 2013 CBR1000.

He had to slow down for me on the windy bits and kept up nicely on the straight bits (although we werent really going hammer and tongs). He's a fairly tallish chap and he seemed pretty damn comfortable
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Thread Information