Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: arrow, scorpion, or two bros...mmmm...

Bike
    Black TLS

Question arrow, scorpion, or two bros...mmmm...

Greetings all,

I'm getting pricing for a new set of cans...carbon fibre oval numbers to pretty up the TLS...just wondering if anyone has recommendations or experience with arrow, scorpion and two bros or are they all much of a muchness?? I currently have the old school shiny two bros - hard packed by previous owner which growl like fuck...want a similar sound if poss...It will be a while before I can ride as I'm still healing, so plenty of time to gather advice/opinions etc...

Any tips, probs, points to ponder or otherwise??
    Cheers.
    :spudguita

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    Found 2 Bros to be arse on my VTR - they were alloy - so keeping them shiny sucked - plus the sound was only okay and the quality was average.

Switched to Scorpian pipes and they sounded heaps better.

Bike
    Triumph Sprint ST
    I have Arrow carbon cans on my VTR. It's pretty loud, I wouldn't mind it a little quieter. I tried repacking them with silentsport, but there wasn't really any difference in volume.

The carbon seems to be a bit fragile however.

VTwin's SV1000 sounds awesome with stainless yoshi's

Bike
    VFR400 NC30
    Don't know much about the pipes performance, but my mate had scorpion's on his TRX and they sounded absolutely mean.
    It's all fun and games until someone loses a hymen

Bike
    2006 husqvarna 610sm
    hi ya , i had carbon arrows on my old tl1000r the carbon seemed to go brittle with the heat???? i had scorpion on my gsx-r750 and now have micron on my zx10 , reading in magazines etc,, the all seem to be pretty much similar in power gains etc,, i guess you just have to choose a brand you like!

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Do you really have to go for carbon? V-twins give them a pretty hard time(probably the vibrations). Plus even if they're UV-stabilised, the harsh NZ sun wrecks the resin pretty quickly.

As has been said, 2-Bros are not good quality. But it depends what you want, where you can get them from, etc. Some makes you haven't mentioned are Micron and Remus, both of which look and sound pretty good. If it were me, I'd also check out Neptunes. I don't have any experience with them, but it's good to support a Kiwi company, and I've heard good things about them.
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    You could put a Remus muffler from a 1999 Civic on.....they look pretty mean?

Bike
    2010 CB1000R

Lightbulb

The 2 Bros I've got on my VTR make a great growl! Performance wise I can't compare. I've only had it a couple of months. Good point about the alloy though, shiny they aint. I'd be interested to know what the differences with other VTR's is.

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wkid_one
    You could put a Remus muffler from a 1999 Civic on.....they look pretty mean?
    That's very clever, Mr wkid. But Remus do make bike mufflers. A guy who used to work here had one on his CBRRR600RRRR, and it was very well-made, and sounded rather nice. Must've performed OK too, as he bought his bike from some well-know racer (can't remember the name) who'd fettled it with all sorts of performance bits, including HRC ignition and gearbox.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    Black TLS
    ...interesting points about the resulting brittle carbon can...wonder why they don't tell you that when you order them...ask about cans for TLS, that's the list you get...I'm certainly open to other brands, recommendations...have checked out neptune and they look ok too, although at the moment they'll have to modify a set for an SV1000 if I want them in a hurry...which I don't
    I could always get silly and go yoshi...

Bike
    Triumph Sprint ST
    For some bikes, regardless of the potential hp/torque changes from your new pipe (which may depend on jetting etc) you can save a considerable amount of weight. Twice as much (for twins) even.

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky Mark
    The 2 Bros I've got on my VTR make a great growl! Performance wise I can't compare. I've only had it a couple of months. Good point about the alloy though, shiny they aint. I'd be interested to know what the differences with other VTR's is.
    Hiya, Sparky Mark, and welcome to the Kiwi Biker gargre.
    When I had a VTR, I spent a lot of time on various Firestorm / Superhawk forums, and the 2-Bros did not have a good reputation either performance-wise, or for quality. But a lot of VTRs here have them as there was a special deal where Honda was selling them new with the 2Bros on.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bungbung
    For some bikes, regardless of the potential hp/torque changes from your new pipe (which may depend on jetting etc) you can save a considerable amount of weight. Twice as much (for twins) even.
    Yeah, the VTR ones (Sankei) are VERY solidly made, which is weird coz the headers aren't. I side-swiped a car once (undertook it when it was turning left - D'Oh!!) and the right-hand pipe just bounced off the side of it with nothing more than a bit of paint scuffing on it.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    Black TLS
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky Mark

just a bit of elbow effort to keep the two bros shiny like this...I'm looking at carbon to join the black look of the rest of the bike...and by the sound of this thread - performace may well be an prob with the two bros thing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CPB01.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	148.9 KB 
ID:	15128  

Bike
    2010 CB1000R

Smile

Thanks for the welcome! Interesting about the 2 bros, I did wonder.

Good to be on here as I'm new to NZ. Hopefully I'll meet up with some of you guys for weekend spins and a jar or two!

Thread Information